Shootings at 2 New Zealand Mosques

MHz
https://sputniknews.com/asia/2019031...ques-shooting/
LIVE UPDATES: At Least 49 Killed in Shootings at 2 New Zealand Mosques

Earlier in the day, mass shootings took place at two mosques in the city of Christchurch, New Zealand, leaving at least 49 people killed and 48 more injured.

According to the New Zealand police, three men and 1 woman are in custody following the shootings at 2 mosques in Christchurch. Police have found and secured improvised explosive devices amid the mosque attacks.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison stated that the shooter in the Christchurch mosque attack was an Australian citizen, describing the suspect as an "extremist, right-wing, violent terrorist."
As reported by New Zealand Herald, the shooter in New Zealand's Christchurch wrote a 73-page manifesto about his plans.The individual wrote "it is a terrorist attack" in his manifesto, the media outlet reported.
At least 49 people have been confirmed killed as a result of shootings at three locations in New Zealand's east coast city of Christchurch, with two of them being mosques, with police urging mosques across the country to shut their doors shotly after the attack.

Cannuck
Some of Das’ buddies

pgs
+2
That sure isn’t Texas .

Durry
+1 / -3
Difficult to have sympathy for Muslims when you think of what they did to Westerners.

What goes around, comes around.

Cannuck
+1
I’ll remember that when a Muslim wingnut offs a few

Hoid
More christian terrorism.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

Difficult to have sympathy for Muslims when you think of what they did to Westerners.

What goes around, comes around.

That is one of the main traits of a psychopath. I thought you should know that.
Thanks for showing what it takes to 'be a member of the big club'. Great drawing card, not.

I didn't realize Fidel was a Muslim or that Iceland was a Muslim Nation.

Serryah
The manifesto - 79 pages long - mentions Trump, Nationalist White beliefs and just overall inane pro-Trump/pro-kill everyone not white ideals.

Despite that I'm 50-50 on blaming Trump specifically.

He does the lip service, he inspires the hate, sure. But he does *not* force people to go to this extreme.

He just implies it's okay.

Still, it's a perfect example of the influence and power of words and why people in positions like Trump can't just vomit out anything and expect it to be consequence free.

Jinentonix
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

That is one of the main traits of a psychopath.

Says the anti-Semitic, StormFront contributing little shit-f*ck who thinks there's Jewish conspiracies around every corner.

Durry
Muslims have only themselves to blame for this, anyone who keeps killing and pushing westerners around and imposing a hateful ideology on them will eventually feel the awesome power of westerners.

Serryah

Muslims have only themselves to blame for this, anyone who keeps killing and pushing westerners around and imposing a hateful ideology on them will eventually feel the awesome power of westerners.

Westerners have only themselves to blame for this, anyone who keeps killing and pushing Muslims/Arabs around and imposing a hateful ideology on them will eventually feel the awesome power of Muslims/Arabs.

FIFY.

Which begs to question at the end of it all: when will the retaliation stop being the norm? The excuse?

coldstream
+2
Seems to me murder rampages carried out by White, Christian, Males (at least by affiliation) are treated differently that those carried out by Muslim, Middle Eastern, Men. The former are deemed to be agents of a civilizational colonial aggression, for which the press has assumed a societal guilt.. the latter are deemed to be the victims of such and therefor not the originators but reactors to an injustice.. In the latter there is always some sub text that the targets of the murders got what was coming.
Last edited by coldstream; Mar 15th, 2019 at 01:15 PM..

Hoid
If you want to know how this thing came to be just read one of our threads on immigration/refugees/Islam

God knows I can't

Durry
+4
If Muslims want to live in the West, they have to learn to live by Western style values, not Muslim hateful values.

Cannuck
Most do. Trumpites should as well

Durry
+2
Most Muslims want to immigrate to Trumps country and leave their country, what does that tell you?

Colpy
+5
#17  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

Seems to me murder rampages carried out by White, Christian, Males (at least by affiliation) are treated differently that those carried out by Muslim, Middle Eastern, Men. The former are deemed to be agents of a civilizational colonial aggression, for which the press has assumed a societal guilt.. the latter are deemed to be the victims of such and therefor not the originators but reactors to an injustice.. In the latter there is always some sub text that the targets of the murders got what was coming.

I do not think that is quite true.

I agree that when a white non-Muslim idiot shoots up a mosque he is seen as a terrorist, and he damned well should be.

I also agree that when this happens the media immediately begins trumpeting their lefty agenda; gun control, prevention of free speech, must fight "Islamophobia", etc etc etc.

Muslim terrorists are depicted however as "mentally ill" and we shouldn't assume their hatred is the norm, nor criticize the ideology behind it.

Both are terrorists, both are evil, and the ideology that drives both requires criticism.

Colpy
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

The manifesto - 79 pages long - mentions Trump, Nationalist White beliefs and just overall inane pro-Trump/pro-kill everyone not white ideals.

Despite that I'm 50-50 on blaming Trump specifically.

He does the lip service, he inspires the hate, sure. But he does *not* force people to go to this extreme.

He just implies it's okay.

Still, it's a perfect example of the influence and power of words and why people in positions like Trump can't just vomit out anything and expect it to be consequence free.

Excuse me?

I am no fan of Mr. Trump, but I have never heard him say anything that would inspire people to do mass shootings.....or that "implies it is OK".

Colpy
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

More christian terrorism.

Terrorism? Yes, obviously, by definition. But this guy was not a Christian.

There is nothing in Christianity that would instruct or encourage mass murder, much the opposite.

Not so with Islam.

Colpy
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

That sure isn’t Texas .

Yeah, on CTV I heard them speak with a professor that is an "expert" on gun control.

First he pointed out that New Zealand let people own guns without registration. As if this guy would care if the gun was registered.

Then he expressed the "horror" Kiwis feel when in the USA when they see people with guns on their hip.

Well, it is a damned shame a few of the people in these mosques didn't have guns on their hip.

The prof is an idiot.

White_Unifier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Yeah, on CTV I heard them speak with a professor that is an "expert" on gun control.
First he pointed out that New Zealand let people own guns without registration. As if this guy would care if the gun was registered.
Then he expressed the "horror" Kiwis feel when in the USA when they see people with guns on their hip.
Well, it is a damned shame a few of the people in these mosques didn't have guns on their hip.
The prof is an idiot.

I'm somewhat indifferent to gun control: I can see pros and cons either way.

That said, I don't see how Muslims with guns on their hips would have helped. People react dangereously when panicked. Imagine a Mosque full of gun totters for a moment. A shooter would just need to walk in, spray a few rounds, walk out, and then let the whole place explode into a firefight as everyone tries to figure out who's shooting at whom.

Cannuck
+1

Most Muslims want to immigrate to Trumps country and leave their country, what does that tell you?

It tells me you think you know what most Muslims want. I suspect you don’t. I also suspect that the reasons that anybody would want to move to the US are precisely the things that Trumpites hate about the US.

Cannuck
+2

There is nothing in Christianity that would instruct or encourage mass murder, much the opposite.

Let’s not confuse christians with the religious right. The latter are whack jobs that try to use religion promote their political agenda, just like radical islamists.

White_Unifier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Let’s not confuse christians with the religious right. The former are whack jobs that try to use religion promote their political agenda, just like radical islamists.

I think you mean the latter? Just call them fanatics. Why do we need any adjective, be it Christian, Muslim, or other. They're all the same anyway. Or even just tyrant will do.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

I'm somewhat indifferent to gun control: I can see pros and cons either way.
That said, I don't see how Muslims with guns on their hips would have helped. People react dangereously when panicked. Imagine a Mosque full of gun totters for a moment. A shooter would just need to walk in, spray a few rounds, walk out, and then let the whole place explode into a firefight as everyone tries to figure out who's shooting at whom.

Could you image the hissy fit the Trumpites would have with thousands of armed Muzzies wandering around? Das would stroke out immediately

pgs

The prof is an idiot.

I heard one of the Mosque members was shooting back .

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Could you image the hissy fit the Trumpites would have with thousands of armed Muzzies wandering around? Das would stroke out immediately

When I lived in Quebec during the debate over the so-called Charter of Quebec Values, I was tempted to buy and wear a keffiyeh in public just to irritate all of the Islamophobes. And no, I don't profess Islam, but I won't deny that the keffiyeh could make a nice fashion accessory.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

I heard one of the Mosque members was shooting back .

It can take a while to figure out what's happening. In the Quebec case, they first thought there were two shooters. I guess they saw a second person leave and, not seeing him clearly, assumed he was a shooter too or something. Confusion reigns in these kinds of situations.

Likewise, the 'Muslim shooting back' could be a reflection in a mirror, hearing an echo from an opposite direction, etc. In a panic, memory can be worped and if you just see a quick glance of something, it's easy to let the imagination run wild.

I'm sure more information will be forthcoming.

Hoid

Terrorism? Yes, obviously, by definition. But this guy was not a Christian.

Not so with Islam.

And there you have it.

that is how you judge one billion people based on the actions of one.

Mowich
+2
‘This is not a game’: Australian anchor offers powerful reflection on New Zealand mosque shooting

Waleed Aly, one of the hosts of the Australian news and current affairs show The Project, is himself Muslim and described to viewers being initially reticent to weigh in on the attack that killed 49 Muslims in two Christchurch mosques on Thursday night.

But Aly told viewers he felt an “overwhelming sense of responsibility” to speak about the violence and went on to describe both the fear he felt in response to the attack and the lack of shock that it happened at all given repeated similar incidents and the language used by politicians to “demonize particular groups.”

“While I appreciate the words our leaders have said today … I have something to ask. Don’t change your tune now because the terrorism seems to be coming from a white supremacist. If you’ve been talking about being tough on terrorism for years and the communities that allegedly support it, then show us how tough you are now,” he said, laying out several cases of anti-Islam comments by Australian political leaders in recent years.

“Now we understand that this is not a game, terrorism doesn’t choose its victims selectively, that we are one community and everything we say to try and tear people apart, demonize particular groups, set them against each other — that all has consequences, even if we’re not the ones with our fingers on the trigger.”

globalnews.ca/news/5059610/new-zealand-mosque-shooting-waleed-aly/