Gun Control is Completely Useless.


pgs
Free Thinker
#9961
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

Yeah I watched how smart some parents thought they were and I also saw an awful lot of misery as a result. Let's see a bow and arrow with lots of instruction lost a brother his eye, or a youngster standing on a moving hay wagon making a turn when he lost his balance and his head was crushed by a back wheel, a neighbour (adult) for some reason felt he was faster than his auger, only lost his thumb,young boy accidentally shot his brother when handling fathers;s gun (he died), Even mowing machines managed to claim lives and limbs. Those are only that haunt me every so often even now.

I will say that many of the machines have improved and have a lot of built in safety features. One neighbor had actually robotized a lot of his field work. He programs his tractor and keeps an eye on it from a screen in his house. It tills, plows and plants. Reminds me of my pool cleaner. Works beautifully but gotta keep a watch on it. A small animal got into the collector bin and managed to rip apart one section of the inner filter before succumbing to the water. All that will cost is a new filter.....The loss of a child is much more devestating.

But one of those tragedies envolved guns , and during your time as a nurse you treated many more similar such cases , yet you are rallying against firearms , of which you have treated little or no cases .
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#9962
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

But one of those tragedies envolved guns , and during your time as a nurse you treated many more similar such cases , yet you are rallying against firearms , of which you have treated little or no cases .

But none
 
JamesBondo
+1
#9963
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

Oh........I hardly think not allowing children or aldults access to firearms or working around dangerous machinery without safety precautions/instruction will stunt their growth...quite the ooposite.. They will have a much more enjoyable life if they survived childhood intact don't you agree?

I think you are oblivious to how wrong you are.
 
bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
#9964
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

But one of those tragedies envolved guns , and during your time as a nurse you treated many more similar such cases , yet you are rallying against firearms , of which you have treated little or no cases .

I am not rallying against firearm in Canada. I repeat once more.........our laws are fine!! I simply do not want numbnuts who feel deprived when comparing how free US citizens seem with their firearms want our laws changed. I simply point out that no matter how careful humans are children are ingenious and adults are not perfect. Meeting the need to keep as many Canadians safe and still allow them reasonable choices with whatever turns them on is the goal.

There will still be many ways to kill or crippled oneself or others despite all our attempts to lessen them. So why all this fuss to undermine good sense with regard to firearms. Simply because they do not serve any other purpose than to kill or maim. One can use them I suppose to hammer in a nail. A lot of trouble when a better tool is available and at a cheaper cost.
Last edited by bluebyrd35; 4 days ago at 11:22 AM..
 
bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
#9965
Quote: Originally Posted by jamesbondo View Post

i think you are oblivious to how wrong you are.

?? I am oblvious!! Oh my gawd!!
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
#9966
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

I am not rallying against firearm in Canada. I repeat once more.........our laws are fine!! I simply do not want numbnuts who feel deprived when comparing how free US citizens seem with their firearms want our laws changed. I simply point out that no matter how careful humans are children are ingenious and adults are not perfect. Meeting the need to keep as many Canadians safe and still allow them reasonable choices with whatever turns them on is the goal.
There will still be many ways to kill or crippled oneself or others despite all our attempts to lessen them. So why all this fuss to undermine good sense with regard to firearms. Simply because they do not serve any other purpose than to kill or maim. One can use them I suppose to hammer in a nail. A lot of trouble when a better tool is available and at a cheaper cost.


Outside of the bolded pretty much what everyone is saying,
 
JamesBondo
+2
#9967
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

================================================== ================================================== ==
POOR MUDDLED little Bluebyrd35!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She THINKS that having witnessed various tragedies- this qualifies her to be a LIE-beral Fascist dictator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes- just because our feathered Byrd brain has seen bloodshed and tragedy she is ENTITLED to claim all manner of goodies!!!!!!!
She thinks that just because she had a job she is ENTITLED to tell the rest of us how to live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LIE-beral GREED is a HUGE monstrosity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for writing what needed to written and not adding 5000 words of spam to it. this definitely sums up bluebird. she believes that she can share some tragic stories about farm accidents and then get away with saying just about anything about guns. it is a an illogical irrational way to approach gun issues.
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
+2
#9968
...any issues.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#9969
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

So once again, small minds make small jokes when no intelligent response is possible. Not really funny guys You loose!!


While you were in school getting so clever, it seems they neglected to teach you how to spell.
 
spilledthebeer
+1
#9970
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

?? I am oblvious!! Oh my gawd!!


================================================== ================================================== ====


SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


CLEARLY you are oblivious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


After all BLuebyrd you do not have the vaguest idea why you are so badly wrong on so many things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It seems that your vision is blocked by gobs of LIE-beral gravy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
 
bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
#9971
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

================================================== ================================================== ====


SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


CLEARLY you are oblivious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


After all BLuebyrd you do not have the vaguest idea why you are so badly wrong on so many things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It seems that your vision is blocked by gobs of LIE-beral gravy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

As I mentioned earlier about Harper and his wish to control women to his failed economic policies, you use denigrating tactics who try the same tactic. All beings learn through experience, that it is those who feel inferior are adept at using sleazy tactics to put down those they are afraid of......how well contempt used to work. Such tactics rarely work nowadays. From time immemorial women have learned how to deal with those types of prejudices. We. now (on the average) get on with voting in those who at least try to treat women "as smarter than the average bear". Some of us now, have no compunction about letting those types of creeps know exactly how contemptable most us think they are!!

So, keep on using put down tactics and showing the world what a silly prejudiced prick you are or try assuming women have more than a modicum of sense.
Last edited by bluebyrd35; 1 day ago at 04:27 PM..
 
bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
#9972
JLM You know that was a typing error. Are you angling to get into beers club?
 
JamesBondo
#9973
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

JLM You know that was a typing error. Are you angling to get into beers club?

lose vs loose is not a typing error.

lorse or losse or losee or lkose or lopse or etc

but loose is not a typo error.

just saying.
 
Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
#9974
 
spilledthebeer
#9975
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

As I mentioned earlier about Harper and his wish to control women to his failed economic policies, you use denigrating tactics who try the same tactic. All beings learn through experience, that it is those who feel inferior are adept at using sleazy tactics to put down those they are afraid of......how well contempt used to work. Such tactics rarely work nowadays. From time immemorial women have learned how to deal with those types of prejudices. We. now (on the average) get on with voting in those who at least try to treat women "as smarter than the average bear". Some of us now, have no compunction about letting those types of creeps know exactly how contemptable most us think they are!!

So, keep on using put down tactics and showing the world what a silly prejudiced prick you are or try assuming women have more than a modicum of sense.


================================================== ================================================== ====


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!


OH silly bluebyrd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Give it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



You will NEVER have a second career as a comedian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You say: "all beings learn through experience"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


How VERY TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Which is why LIE-berals are now in so much political hot water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


WE have seen their shtick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And is it not odd that the first federal LIE-beral to cross the floor of parliament and join the Conservatives was a WOMAN??????????


So much for Our idiot Boy and his virtue signalling of Feminazi values!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


As for Harper- people like you have made him the MOST LIED ABOUT POLITICIAN in Cdn history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Congratulations- the LIE-beral election campaign against Harper SET RECORDS for Fake News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Consider:


How sad-the `sunny ways` of Our brainless Boy-prime minister Justin Trudope are getting more cloudy by the day! Here is a description of the latest LIE-beral hypocrisy-along with some comments of my own in brackets):

The so-called 'war on science'. First posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 07:21 AM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 07:34 AM EDT. (THE CANADIAN PRESS/Jeff McIntosh)

Climate scientists evaporating under Trudeau, not Harper
Where’s the bark from Canada’s unmuzzled scientists?

It’s become increasingly clear that former prime minister Stephen Harper’s supposed “war on science” was little more than a myth concocted by special interests and furthered by the media.

In a memo obtained by Postmedia, the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada – the union for scientists -- complains the Trudeau government is continuing the communications policy started by the Harper government.

Although it doesn’t seem like Trudeau’s continuing Harper’s war, because other evidence suggests there wasn’t much of one to begin with.

(The Harper govt did not fight science-they merely fought the civil service Working Family Hogs who sought endless new entitlements and huge new wage increases and golden pensions that we cannot afford. But it suited the Hogs to suggest that Conservatives were red-necks. But the hypocrisy of LIE-beral loving news in spreading this propaganda is an ominous threat to our democracy. When the `truth` is `managed` and `selected` by special interest groups-we ALL lose!)

As Postmedia's David Akin writes: “Data quietly tabled in the House of Commons earlier this summer suggests that Harper's ‘muzzle’ appeared to be ineffective. That data shows that federal government scientists gave nearly 1,500 media interviews in the 12 months prior to last October’s election.”

But not only has the Trudeau government not significantly changed its communications policies for scientists, it does not appear to have found any need to go out and hire many of them.

A pre-budget forecast published by Statistics Canada earlier this year had one department -- Environment and Climate Change Canada — losing 11% of its scientists. That would have been the biggest, year-over-year cut in science jobs at that department ever. Officials say that, with the budget boost the department got, those numbers won’t be so bad but they still won’t say what the numbers are.

(It should be clear by now that LIE-berals and Hogs DO NOT CARE ABOUT FACTS- what they want is ENTITLEMENTS! Their foolish carbon crap and trade program will not clear the air-it will ONLY empty our wallets! Hog scientists slammed the Harper govt for ignoring the wretched Kyoto Accord with its economy crippling demands on Canada. And now that LIE-berals are in charge, the Hogs have NOTHING to say about the Paris Accord that places NO demands on anybody and simply suggests we should reduce green house gas emissions!

(Greedy Hogs are the principle supporters of LIE-berals-one employed Cdn in three works for govt and it is Hogs that put LIE-berals in power in exchange for a promise-now shown to be worthless-of MORE GRAVY! So LIE-berals are now manipulating Hogs numbers and dangling future hiring/new job carrots before them.)

(The overall environmental picture is this: As the civil service expands under LIE-berals, the greater are the number of Hogs that LIE-berals can count on for votes so LIE-berals can cling to power. And as the number of people on the govt Sunshine List hgrows- so to does the number of people with the wealth to have a HUGE carbon footprint! None of this LIE-beral policy is about science- its ALL ABOUT VOTE BUYING!)

We’re not necessarily against any cuts. If positions aren’t needed, reduce the payroll.

What we are against is the theatrical language, disconnected from reality, that was used to smear the Harper government in recent years.

Communications in government, for better or worse, are more controlled than ever.

(IN the last year- LIE-berals have behaved in a fashion that makes the Harper govt look warm and friendly by comparison to suddenly tight mouthed LIE-beral who do NOT like it when the public talks back and shoots down their biased, self serving Fake News!)

This happens at all levels of government, regardless of who’s in power. There was never an orchestrated conspiracy against federal scientists.

The media and opposition during the Harper years were reckless in taking a handful of stories about disgruntled former federal scientists and turning them into a grand narrative that wasn't backed up by facts.

(There is a fine reason that Harper socrned Cdn media- for its LIE-beral bias!)

The so-called war on science could have done with its own dose of scientific research.

(LIE-berals are playing a dangerous game here. They KNOW they cannot get elected without Hog support. They know they cannot supply Hogs with the gravy they demand. So now they double down and freeze wages and add new taxes and distract Hogs with threats of layoffs-that MAY be permanent-IF LIE-berals do not get enough Hog support. This is financial bullying on a HUGE scale and its ALL about power with NO scientific connection!)

(David Suzuki was right when he stated that Our brainless Boy has been in power for a year and has done NOTHING for the environment-except add his own hot air to it! What Suzuki wont admit is that he has been fooled by Our idiot Boy- there NEVER WAS any LIE-beral plan to `save` the environment! Any REAL effort to save the environment by LIE-beral methods would result on voters- turning on LIE-berals and MAULING them! The LIE-beral idea of starving the general public while Hogs fly high wide and often- spewing carbon across the planet- is NOT a way to get re-elected and Our idiot Boy Justin has just awakened to the fact that Cdns are not buying his Carbon crap!)
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#9976
 
JamesBondo
#9977
So when I put venison on my families table, does that make me a 'trophy hunter'? If so, you are a dumbass.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#9978
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

So when I put venison on my families table, does that make me a 'trophy hunter'? If so, you are a dumbass.

I think he means a "friend of animal rights" wants to go hand-to-hand with a trophy hunter.

While I'm not fond of the kind of sick cowards who trophy hunt, I'll give 4-1 odds on them vs. animal rightsers any old time.

I do a freezer full of venison and/or wild pork myself every year or so. I wish the buffalo were replenished enough to make hunting them open.
 
White_Unifier
#9979
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I think he means a "friend of animal rights" wants to go hand-to-hand with a trophy hunter.
While I'm not fond of the kind of sick cowards who trophy hunt, I'll give 4-1 odds on them vs. animal rightsers any old time.
I do a freezer full of venison and/or wild pork myself every year or so. I wish the buffalo were replenished enough to make hunting them open.

How do you prepare your wild pork? East-Indian style? Sichuan style? Something else?
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#9980
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

How do you prepare your wild pork? East-Indian style? Sichuan style? Something else?

Roast or schnitzel.
 
White_Unifier
#9981
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Roast or schnitzel.

I might buy vegan, but hats off to you for killing your own meat rather than pay someone else to do it for you.