Yep, Cuba is just awesome!


CUBert
-1
#151
What I quoted were facts only
 
YukonJack
#152
Yuo convinced me CuBert! Even more than ever before, I wish that you will seek medical attention in Cuba when you need it.

And even more so, emigrate there whether you need medical attention or not.
 
CDNBear
#153
Quote: Originally Posted by CUBert View Post

What I quoted were facts only

Says you and member written wikiality. A source so maligned by reality, that if cited in the footnotes of reports by students, from public school to university, the mark is an automatic fail

Go figure, you'll live and die by wikiality.
 
CUBert
-1
#154
When facts contradict your belief just pretend it's only completely made up by college kids over wikipedia, regardless of the sources cited.. ok effective strategy.
 
CDNBear
#155
Quote: Originally Posted by CUBert View Post

When facts contradict your belief

What belief? I know Cuban health care is more easily accessed then in the US. I'm also aware that Cuba isn't a free state, nor is their health care as advanced as your hero Moore would have the world believe. You know he even says Canadian Health care is free?

When facts contradict your reality, you simply ignore it, go off on a tangent, make stuff up, or argue points not in question.

Quote:

just pretend it's only completely made up by college kids over wikipedia, regardless of the sources cited.. ok effective strategy.

Internal links and circular links mean nothing to me.

Cite a real study and I'll give it the attention it deserves.

Besides that, you're still trying to prove something not in question. Only because you haven't been able to actually back your beliefs that are in question.

Effective strategy, if you're prone to logical failures.
 
CUBert
#156
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

What belief? I know Cuban health care is more easily accessed then in the US. I'm also aware that Cuba isn't a free state, nor is their health care as advanced as your hero Moore would have the world believe. You know he even says Canadian Health care is free?

What is this argument for then?

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

When facts contradict your reality, you simply ignore it, go off on a tangent, make stuff up, or argue points not in question.

Isn't this nearly exactly what you're doing? Yes.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Internal links and circular links mean nothing to me.

Cite a real study and I'll give it the attention it deserves.

Besides that, you're still trying to prove something not in question. Only because you haven't been able to actually back your beliefs that are in question.

Effective strategy, if you're prone to logical failures.

I like how you're still arguing against facts
Why do I feel if it didn't contradict your argument you wouldn't be questioning the legitimacy of the source?
 
CDNBear
#157
Quote: Originally Posted by CUBert View Post

What is this argument for then?

Sh!ts and giggles. I have no hopes of changing your mind. Your ideology is likely all you have. No amount of fact, no matter how incontrovertible can possibly sway your thought process. I'm OK with that. I just like helping you expose your real agenda.

Quote:

Isn't this nearly exactly what you're doing? Yes.

No.

Quote:

I like how you're still arguing against facts

What facts?

Quote:

Why do I feel if it didn't contradict your argument you wouldn't be questioning the legitimacy of the source?

Because that's what you would like to believe. But I don't source wikiality, ever. It's proven to be flawed, constantly and consistently.

Only people without the skills to actually do any of their own research use it. Hence your constant use of it. As I've said to you several times in this thread, try doing some of your own research, and your posts won't be as idiotic.

My fave was the one with the link to the Canadian/Cuban network, which I took apart in a very little time.
 
CUBert
+1 / -1
#158
Wikipedia is a fine source . Sure it's not perfect but many times it'll provide accurate information. If you skeptical about something on Wikipedia it isn't hard to look it up elsewhere to check the validity.
 
DaSleeper
+1
#159
Bear: here is a nice book for this thead......



 
CDNBear
#160
Quote: Originally Posted by CUBert View Post

Wikipedia is a fine source . Sure it's not perfect but many times it'll provide accurate information. If you skeptical about something on Wikipedia it isn't hard to look it up elsewhere to check the validity.

That's awesome, so how about you do that and post the findings...MmmK?

Until then, you're still trying to argue something not in question, because you can't support the other crap you keep touting as fact. It's called topic deviation, or diversion, or a red herring.

Now you're trying to argue about the validity of a source, not accepted by any level of academia, instead of the topic. That's a fact.

Try looking at the OP and the first string of your posts in this thread. You were made a fool of and without conceding, just switched to something you thought you could win.

Excellent tactic, if you're argument is weak and you can't support it.

Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Bear: here is a nice book for this thead......



Having been a member here for as long as I have, I'm already a pro at it.
 
CUBert
-1
#161
Check back to post #149 for facts.
 
CDNBear
#162
Quote: Originally Posted by CUBert View Post

Check back to post #149 for facts.

I thought you said you could back all that up from other sources?

I guess not.

Wikiality won't cut it cubby...

 
CUBert
#163
Ya, I think it would be a waste of time though.
 
CDNBear
#164
Quote: Originally Posted by CUBert View Post

Ya, I think it would be a waste of time though.

So in other words you can't understand that 1, it's not in question, 2, you haven't the ability to do any research...

We'll chalk that up to another idiotic post by cubby.
 
CUBert
-1
#165
you're denying facts , telling me to backup the facts with another source (because of your ignorant view on Wikipedia), but you say it's not in question.
to say this argument is going nowhere would be an incredible understatement.
 
TenPenny
#166
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

if cited in the footnotes of reports by students, from public school to university, the mark is an automatic fail


you wouldn't have, you know, any facts to back up that claim, would you?
 
CDNBear
#167
Quote: Originally Posted by CUBert View Post

you're denying facts...

No I'm not.

Quote:

telling me to backup the facts with another source

Just trying to help you improve the quality of your posts is all.
Quote:

(because of your ignorant view on Wikipedia),

It's not ignorant, and it certainly isn't mine alone. The bulk of the academic community sides with me. Which of course means nothing to anyone incapable of any real research, such as yourself.
Quote:

but you say it's not in question.

It isn't. I'm well aware of what Cuban health care has to offer, as well as what American health care has to offer.

Quote:

to say this argument is going nowhere would be an incredible understatement.

That's only because you're involved.

Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

you wouldn't have, you know, any facts to back up that claim, would you?

Students should use Wikipedia: founder - Google Search

Google is your friend too.

My fave is this gem...

Quote:

Speaking at a conference at the University of Pennsylvania on Friday called “The Hyperlinked Society,” Mr. Wales said that he gets about 10 e-mail messages a week from students who complain that Wikipedia has gotten them into academic hot water. “They say, ‘ Please help me. I got an F on my paper because I cited Wikipedia ’” and the information turned out to be wrong, he says. But he said he has no sympathy for their plight, noting that he thinks to himself: “For God sake, you’re in college; don’t cite the encyclopedia.”

But feel free to miss the point and ignore the actual topic, just like cubby.
 
TenPenny
#168
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

But feel free to miss the point and ignore the actual topic, just like cubby.


Well, you might want to read the citation you provided. The students didn't fail because they cited wikipedia, they failed because the facts they cited were wrong. I trust that you can grasp that difference, without resorting to insults and cheap shots.
 
CDNBear
#169
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Well, you might want to read the citation you provided.

I did, I also posted an article in a thread I started here, on wikiality years ago. In which several schools had begun automatically failing papers that had footnotes, references, from wikiality. I just really like that quote, because even the founder says don't do it. Which is why I said "I really like this gem."

In that google search, you'll find the article I was referring to.

Quote:

The students didn't fail because they cited wikipedia, they failed because the facts they cited were wrong.

Read on. But thanx for making my point to cubby.

Quote:

I trust that you can grasp that difference, without resorting to insults and cheap shots.

Likely far better then yourself.
 
TenPenny
#170
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Likely far better then yourself.

I'm happy to see that you haven't changed. It warms the cockles of my heart.
 
CDNBear
#171
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

I'm happy to see that you haven't changed. It warms the cockles of my heart.

Still carrying that grudge are ya?

How many years has it been now?

Good to see you haven't grown. It doesn't warm anything of mine, but it does make me laugh at you.

What was that about cheap shots again? Oh ya...

Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Well, you might want to read the citation you provided.

Last edited by CDNBear; Dec 24th, 2010 at 02:25 PM..
 
Colpy
#172
Ok Ok.....I'm gonna have to side with CUBert in the medical care argument between Cuba and the USA......then I'll go to the basement and shoot myself........thus doubling his pleasure.

Ever since the bad old days of the Revolution in the hills, hunted by Batista's army, providing medical care to the peasants was a priority of the revolutionaries.

This was largely because Ernesto "Che" Guevara was a true believer and a medical doctor.......... It was his influence that made, and respect for his memory that has kept, Cuba in the forefront of nations when it comes to medical care.

Cuba's problems lie elsewhere. It is a grinding dictatorship. It is not free. I would 10,000 times rather live dirt poor in the USA than live in Cuba..........but truth is truth.
 
ironsides
+1
#173
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Because the great satan bakes good cookies.

Want a cookie? Merry Christmas Bear
 
CDNBear
#174
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Ok Ok.....I'm gonna have to side with CUBert in the medical care argument between Cuba and the USA......then I'll go to the basement and shoot myself........thus doubling his pleasure.

Ever since the bad old days of the Revolution in the hills, hunted by Batista's army, providing medical care to the peasants was a priority of the revolutionaries.

This was largely because Ernesto "Che" Guevara was a true believer and a medical doctor.......... It was his influence that made, and respect for his memory that has kept, Cuba in the forefront of nations when it comes to medical care.

Cuba's problems lie elsewhere. It is a grinding dictatorship. It is not free. I would 10,000 times rather live dirt poor in the USA than live in Cuba..........but truth is truth.

That's all well and good Colpy, but I'm well aware of what state Cuba's health care is in. I n a post way back, I even stated they're .3 ahead of the US. That isn't the argument. That's what cubby wants it to be.

Quote: Originally Posted by ironsides View Post

Want a cookie? Merry Christmas Bear

To you too Iron, Semper Fi and Merry Christmas.
 
Colpy
#175
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

That's all well and good Colpy, but I'm well aware of what state Cuba's health care is in. I n a post way back, I even stated they're .3 ahead of the US. That isn't the argument. That's what cubby wants it to be.

To you too Iron, Semper Fi and Merry Christmas.

Right you are Bear! (And a Merry Christmas to you...)



Read this through, check out the links...............Assange AND Michael Moore completely trashed!

The Cuban hospital wards shown in Sicko are CLOSED to Cubans.....they are for rich foreign diplomats etc.

Gotta love it!

Terry Glavin: Michael Moore finds a kindred huckster at WikiLeaks | Full Comment | National Post
 
MHz
#176
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Cuba's problems lie elsewhere. It is a grinding dictatorship. It is not free. I would 10,000 times rather live dirt poor in the USA than live in Cuba..........but truth is truth.

Did you forget 50 years of being under a back-room embargo? You don't think that affected their lives more than who ruled over them?

Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Gotta love it!

So how did the manage to have 'extra' medical staff to 'donate' to Haiti before the quake. Were the rich Americans paying for their education and training in an indirect manor?

The way they survived the embargo was rooftop gardens and gardens in the parks etc, things that we are beginning to outlaw even with homelessness growing. That seems counter productive.

If/when we have a Haiti year the only first-aid available will be a bottle of peroxide and a book on how to bury the dead.
Last edited by MHz; Dec 25th, 2010 at 09:30 PM..
 
CDNBear
#177
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Right you are Bear! (And a Merry Christmas to you...)

To you too sir.

Quote:


Read this through, check out the links...............Assange AND Michael Moore completely trashed!

The Cuban hospital wards shown in Sicko are CLOSED to Cubans.....they are for rich foreign diplomats etc.

Gotta love it!

Terry Glavin: Michael Moore finds a kindred huckster at WikiLeaks | Full Comment | National Post

Oh I read about Moore years ago, he's an unmitigated scumbag, a liar and a sham.

Only the truly dyed in the wool leftards still believe anything that comes out his mouth. Assange is a new character and I'll give your link a good read, thanx.

Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Did you forget 50 years of being under a back-room embargo?

You mean the embargo that only pertains to American interests? You can't have it both ways Mhz, either America is the Great Satan and we can all do better with her, or countries like Cuba need her.

Which is it?

Quote:

You don't think that affected their lives more than who ruled over them?

No, seeing as every other country on the planet was free to trade with them.

You really should try to get informed.

Quote:

So how did the manage to have 'extra' medical staff to 'donate' to Haiti before the quake. Were the rich Americans paying for their education and training in an indirect manor?

Likely through Gov't spending, by the Cuban Gov't.

Quote:

The way they survived the embargo was rooftop gardens and gardens in the parks etc,

And the ability to trade with the rest of the planet.

Quote:

...things that we are beginning to outlaw even with homelessness growing.

Ya, likely because of the same reason several were banned in Toronto, the buildings didn't have a sufficient structure to safely keep a rooftop garden. I can't even fathom why a City might enact some guidelines and codes to make sure roofs don't cave in.
Quote:

That seems counter productive.

Only to those incapable of seeing the big picture.

Quote:

If/when we have a Haiti year the only first-aid available will be a bottle of peroxide and a book on how to bury the dead.

I'm sure you have some facts to back up that idiocy.
 
ironsides
#178
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Did you forget 50 years of being under a back-room embargo? You don't think that affected their lives more than who ruled over them?


So how did the manage to have 'extra' medical staff to 'donate' to Haiti before the quake. Were the rich Americans paying for their education and training in an indirect manor?

The way they survived the embargo was rooftop gardens and gardens in the parks etc, things that we are beginning to outlaw even with homelessness growing. That seems counter productive.

If/when we have a Haiti year the only first-aid available will be a bottle of peroxide and a book on how to bury the dead.

Did you forget 50 years of being under a back-room embargo? You don't think that affected their lives more than who ruled over them? The are only embargoed was by America, they are not blockaded in any way. We just don't like their government as you don't like ours so what. No more freebies for Cuba that is about all it means. No one was starving them out, relatives in the U.S. send them money. The government is free to by from Canada or any country that would advance them credit.
So how did the manage to have 'extra' medical staff to 'donate' to Haiti before the quake. Were the rich Americans paying for their education and training in an indirect manor?
Cuba had a medical mission they called it working in Haiti before the quake. It was never expanded, lots of talk by Fidel but nothing more.
The way they survived the embargo was rooftop gardens and gardens in the parks etc, things that we are beginning to outlaw even with homelessness growing. That seems counter productive. BS, They survived/lives as they always had lived on their goverment salary/pension that all got until the economic break down, now they are working.
If/when we have a Haiti year the only first-aid available will be a bottle of peroxide and a book on how to bury the dead. This probably will be all you have, but then again your not Canada are you.



By the way, the first responders to the Haitian quake came from Florida rescue units. L
 
Walter
#179
Cuban Government Arrests LGBT Pride March Activists
https://www.dailywire.com/news/47129...h-kassy-dillon

Just like Trump did at the Pride parade in San Francisco.
 
Kreskin
+1
#180
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Cuban Government Arrests LGBT Pride March Activists
https://www.dailywire.com/news/47129...h-kassy-dillon

Just like Trump did at the Pride parade in San Francisco.

Make America Like Cuba Again.
 

Similar Threads

12
The first paragraph is awesome!
by Pangloss | Jan 4th, 2008