Share some 'how to' tips on new look CC

Kreskin
If you see the word 'New' in the top right hand corner that means you have a new friends request. If you click on the word you can see incomg requests and any requests pending that you've sent out.

Kreskin
I noticed the Food forum is displaying threads in reverse date order.

Unforgiven
A member, Brat, seems to be having a problem with the new format.
When she comes to the forums, using Internet Explorer, she getts an error message "Internet Explorer has encountered some difficulties" and the browser shuts down. I've suggested that she clear her cache and try a reboot with no success.
Thoughts?

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

When she comes to the forums, using Internet Explorer, she getts an error message "Internet Explorer has encountered some difficulties" and the browser shuts down. I've suggested that she clear her cache and try a reboot with no success.
Thoughts?

I get that too usually after about 1 minute. This is my 3rd try. Posting and accepting friends have been the culprits so far.

eh1eh
LOL, I'm my own friend. I noticed it also kept my previous 'buddy list'

eh1eh
Ooo. Looks like we get siggies all the time now too. Nice touch.

DurkaDurka

Thoughts?

Try disabling any add'ons she might have running, could be a firewall or script blocker causing the problem as well.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

Try disabling any add'ons she might have running, could be a firewall or script blocker causing the problem as well.

Shouldn't have to disable your firewall to view this site. For me, being at work, it is not possible. It is also something I will not do at home for any site. Better hurry. My minute is about up.

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Shouldn't have to disable your firewall to view this site. For me, being at work, it is not possible. It is also something I will not do at home for any site. Better hurry. My minute is about up.

The firewall engine shouldn't be causing the problem, it's the little utilities that come with it. Norton Internet Security comes to mind.

triedit
Just a format note...If you want to separate your paragraphs you have to be sure and add a hard return. It looks like a double space (large amount of white space) but it's really only one if you have hit enter only once.

Coddfish

Thoughts?

I had that problem for a while...then I just switched to Firefox...haven't had any problems using the board on Firefox...

Andem

Thoughts?

You might want to tell Brat to get firefox for a start. The forum uses AJAX technology and older versions of IE sometimes choke on it. Turning off javascript might also be an option?

karrie
firefox works better even if IE isn't the specific issue anyway. I've loved it since I switched.

Coddfish
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

firefox works better even if IE isn't the specific issue anyway. I've loved it since I switched.

Me too. It's so much safer to go on, and it has the most useful feature on here for me and it's the tabbing feature. Now I don't have to use so many windows when I surf...

(BTW, excuse me for making this thread a little bit off topic. I just had to mention this. We can now go back to the previously rescheduled topic...)

karrie
I love the spell checking. (yes, I know, still off topic..lol).

Coddfish

I love the spell checking. (yes, I know, still off topic..lol).

I forgot about that feature too...(Okay, we got to stop! lol)

Kreskin
I checked from two other computers today and got the error message on both.

IdRatherBeSkiing
IE7 seems to have resolved my problems at home.
I will be unable to do that at work however. IE6 is the company desktop standard. I guess I may actually have to do some work.

Kreskin

I will be unable to do that at work however. IE6 is the company desktop standard. I guess I may actually have to do some work.

I hate it when that happens.

shadowshiv

Is there any way that you could convince them to upgrade?

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

Is there any way that you could convince them to upgrade?

LOL Sure. I could fill out an IMAC request then an RFC. It would then goto a committee which will probably reject it because I don't have a proper R&P filled out. Then EIS will probably reject it since I didn't supply proper AP157 test plans and results. Once I do all this, IE9 will be the standard here.

shadowshiv

LOL Sure. I could fill out an IMAC request then an RFC. It would then goto a committee which will probably reject it because I don't have a proper R&P filled out. Then EIS will probably reject it since I didn't supply proper AP157 test plans and results. Once I do all this, IE9 will be the standard here.

Just log on with someone else's profile, go to a virus-laden site, and then begin clicking merrily. Perhaps once they clean up the computers, IE7 will be part of the package!

This will work even better if it is the profile of your nemesis.
(Just kidding, folks! )

Zzarchov
Question:

The Themes link shows other forums, is there a way to switch themes themselves? I wouldn't mind being able to switch to the old look for instance.

Andem
Incase anybody is wondering: Only 9 (random) friends show up on your friends list at a time for now.

Brat
Thanks guys!
I appreciate the help and the suggestions
I don't know what I did or if you did anything on your end, but it's 7 minutes so far and I haven't been dumped.
Oh, and I'll take this opportunity to say that I like the changes.

triedit
Andem--although Im in the "if it wasn't broke why fix it" camp, I do have to say that you have put a tremendous amount of work into this and I appreciate it. MY home computer (ie7 with tons of add ons including spell check) never had a problem with the upgrade. Went smooth as silk. Hubby is...well lets just say he doesnt like change LOL

Bottom line--I can live with it. And I appreciate your amazing efforts.

karrie
Ummmmm...... my thread display has changed. I used to have it set 'backwards' so that the newest posts were the first displayed. It saved me having to scroll all the way through a thread I've already read just to see the last post.

Now that option has reverted, and it's back to the standard way as of about 15 minutes ago.

How do I get it back? Can I get it back? I want it back....

gerryh
I want I want I want......you only think of yourself?

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

I want I want I want......you only think of yourself?

Yeah, of course I do. Now can you answer me how to get back to my old display? huh? can you? please?

shadowshiv

Yeah, of course I do. Now can you answer me how to get back to my old display? huh? can you? please?

Sure I can!

Just click your heels three times and repeat to yourself "There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no..."