Deleted thread

SwitSof
Is there any indicator that an existed thread was deleted perhaps?
I could've sworn I saw a thread titled something like: Programmers are smugs, but I can't find it now.
Either it's my eyes are playing tricks on me or the thread went to the trash bin without a trace?

Zan
I just had a look for ya and yes, it was deleted... apparently it was causing some distress lolll... it was a joke link that trapped you in an error message until you'd clicked your mouse 150 times. You'd have to go into your task manager to end the nightmare, and close right out of your browser. If you'd like the link to the site, I'm sure eh1eh would provide it for you if you pm him.
I was one of the victims. I am still plotting my revenge.

SwitSof
So your revenge was not to delete the thread ay?
Besides the link, what was the text?
Perhaps eh1he was a victim too?

eh1eh
Other than the 150 clicks I found no ill effects on my comp. It seemed clean to me. Sorry to those it distrested. Only a gag.

Zan
nah... it wasn't my revenge... I refer you again to eh1eh for the text, I can't quite remember it... I'm still quivering from my time spent in the clutches of that damn thing.

DaSleeper
The only thing you had to do was press and hold the Esc key hee hee

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

The only thing you had to do was press and hold the Esc key hee hee

Or hit the space bar 150 times. I'm surprised no one has seen that. It's been around a couple of years. As far as the text goes, hey I was having a creative moment. It's long gone.
BTW #jaun, are you a programmer?

SwitSof
Quote: Originally Posted by Zan View Post

I'm still quivering from my time spent in the clutches of that damn thing.

Quivering ay?
Woah eh1he, you're heading to a big trouble now!

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by SwitSof View Post

Quivering ay?
Woah eh1he, you're heading to a big trouble now!

I'm immpressed I actualy made you quiver. Oh, it's a touch warm in here Zan, or is that just me?

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1eh View Post

Or hit the space bar 150 times. I'm surprised no one has seen that. It's been around a couple of years. As far as the text goes, hey I was having a creative moment. It's long gone.
BTW #jaun, are you a programmer?

Far from it........I was caught along with anyone else. As far as deleted the topic is concerned, I am guilty. I deleted it. If it was so easy to escape, maybe the escape instructions should have been posted a little sooner. I thought we would have fifty upset members if we let it stay. I'm not mad at anyone but I do crave revenge......in a small way..of course..

SwitSof
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

I do crave revenge......in a small way..of course..

Eh1eh, double trouble to you now!
Blimey, I have the link now and am going to crack some serious faces in the office tomorrow, what kind of trouble I'll be into ay.

smilingfish
People are still playing this? Sevral years ago one of my colleagues sent this kinda thing to all the colleagues he knew by email(except the boss), and all I heard was "AH!" "WHAHHH!""AH!!" in the whole office...

You just Esc.

Zan

* psssst. Juan.... Have you thought of a good revenge yet?*

#juan

* psssst. Juan.... Have you thought of a good revenge yet?*

I'm thinking...I'm thinking..

#juan
http://www.gpsinformation.org/jack/p...seup-test.html

Zan
hey that's pretty cool!

eh1eh
Umm, I think I better clic on that when I am home. I've got work to do right now. LOL

eh1eh
OK, so I risked it. Bit of a dog there #jaun.

#juan

OK, so I risked it. Bit of a dog there #jaun.

Yeah well, I found a couple others but I'm afraid of them....

Zan
Really? Put 'em here... eh1 will test 'em out for us... I don't think he can resist the temptation either... bwaahahaaa (are ya quivering yet eh1?)

SwitSof
I could've sworn I posted a question to Niflmir in a thread in which the latest posts yesterday night nearly midnight (GMT time) it was more of postings back and forth between Niflmir and karrie but that thread seems to be deleted? Can't remember the title unfortunately
Why is it deleted actually? It didn't seem to be a dodgy thread to be honest.

Twila
yeah, I remember a post topic about hacking is now gone too
Last edited by Twila; Aug 23rd, 2007 at 04:16 PM..

shadowshiv

nah... it wasn't my revenge... I refer you again to eh1eh for the text, I can't quite remember it... I'm still quivering from my time spent in the clutches of that damn thing.

Did you shiver.............in anticipation?

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

yeah, I remember a post topic about hacking is not gone too

The last post in that one was from Kreskin(who had locked the thread) who stated(and I am paraphrasing, so bear with me) "There was no hacked account. End of story.". Therefore, I think the person who was "hacked" was full of you-know-what.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

The last post in that one was from Kreskin(who had locked the thread) who stated(and I am paraphrasing, so bear with me) "There was no hacked account. End of story.". Therefore, I think the person who was "hacked" was full of you-know-what.

Indeed.

shadowshiv

Indeed.

You're still here? I guess they haven't hatched their plan of World Domi...er I mean the downfall of you, eh?

Twila
Oh, well that's a relief....thought i'd lost my mind.

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

Oh, well that's a relief....thought i'd lost my mind.

What mi-

er...

My thoughts exactly!