Gun Control is Completely Useless.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

Let me ask you this. Should it be legal in Canada for me hold all license requirments and permits to purcahse 150 rifles and 200 handguns for $225,000 and the same day sell them privatly to "this dude" I just met for $375,000 without him producing any identification, any background check or paper trail of the transaction?

It shouldn't be and it isn't...
Quote:

Further, does any regulation at all matter to someone who is going to murder a rival gang member in retaliation for the death of a fellow gangster?

Rhetorical question....
Quote:

Lastly does the DEA working in Canada to change the laws on drugs here bother you any?

It does.....

Since we're on apples and oranges....what does this have to do with "Gun Control is useless in Canada"
I don't tell my neighbor when to cut his grass, and he doesn't tell me which color to paint my house and we get along fine.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Where's my Christmas Homes?

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
Is this Christmas in Los Angelas? That would explain the LAPD going for larger
weapons to even out the odds....

Colpy
Conservative

Where's my Christmas Homes?

Funny...."assault" weapons are (unconstitutionally) banned in California.......

Is this further south? Mexico, which has a de-facto gun ban? And a murder rate 5 times that of the USA???? Very few blacks, either.... LOL

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Well, now you are beginning to understand....the only way to prevent criminasls getting guns is to turn society into a prison. Unfortunately, I get the feeling you think that is a viable option........not that i'm surprized........

But you're claim that you can't stop someone from getting a gun is false.
It is possible to stop people from getting their hands on guns or at least limit the hell out of that by regulating. But it no regulation will work if you also allow someone to buy a gun and turn around and sell it to a gangster without any regulation what so ever. That's what exisits in many States right now. That coupled with our porous border makes any regulations futile. Yet you, like a vocal minority of Americans, refuse to even entertain the thought of closing the gun show loophole.

Quote:

Oh cute! Revolting peasant! Oh I do so love elitist lefties... Oh, and you've never heard of Locke, Blackstone, etc...have you????

This isn't the 1700s. This is here and now. Closing the gun show loophole isn't going to subvert the liberty of Americans nor allow the British to invade and reclaim the colonies. Live in the present Colpy.

Quote:

No, I support a new Firearms Act, based on the Practical Firearms Control ideas put out by the NFA...... I once worked with the Firearms bureaucracy....no more.

So what do all the regulations in the world do if I can legally sell some guy a handgun no questions asked?

Quote:

Yes....I do respond with the Second Amendment argument, as it is very relevant....in the USA.....I would prefer to discuss gun control in Canada.....The US debate is too easy.......Second Amendment is the Ace of Trump........

But there are states that have regulations regarding gun dealers that have a much lower amount of gun trafficing that states without or less regulation of gun dealers.

According to the ATF 85% of guns recovered from criminals were originally purchased by someone else.

The Second Amendment doesn't support selling guns to criminals.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

It shouldn't be and it isn't...

But why, why shoudn't it be allowed in Canada?

Quote:

Rhetorical question....

Sure but this is who can buy a gun without question just over the border.

Quote:

It does.....

So if another country is working in your country to change the laws of your country to be more like their country, and it bothers you, what do you do about it?
In your arm chair and all.

Quote:

Since we're on apples and oranges....what does this have to do with "Gun Control is useless in Canada" I don't tell my neighbor when to cut his grass, and he doesn't tell me which color to paint my house and we get along fine.

It has to do with the topic because the gun show loophole in the US is how many trafficed hand guns get into criminal hands and into Canada. Closing that loophole in the US, that doesn't restrict anyone there who is legally allowed to have a gun, helps to reduce the problem of innocent bystanders getting killed or injured in Canada by gangsters with handguns and restricted weapons.

Unforgiven

Is this Christmas in Los Angelas? That would explain the LAPD going for larger
weapons to even out the odds....

Worse this is M 13. A gang that started in Central America that are so bad they have to have their own prison which they run.

They kill Blacks and Anglos because they are Blacks and Anglos. They blow up bus loads of people just to show that the police don't have control, they do. They're in Canada too now and understand that you can get one guy who is squeeky clean to get a gun dealer license and then traffic guns to gangsters through straw purcahses.

While you seem to think the idea is to keep guns away from hobby shooters and fanciers, I want to make it more difficult for guys like this to get their hands on them.

Unforgiven

Funny...."assault" weapons are (unconstitutionally) banned in California.......

Is this further south? Mexico, which has a de-facto gun ban? And a murder rate 5 times that of the USA???? Very few blacks, either.... LOL

This is what they do in Mexico.

Automatic weapons are availabe in plenty of states. Do you fell that a law that prohibits transport over State lines is enough to prevent the guys that did this from taking automatic weapons to California?

Colpy
Conservative

Worse this is M 13. A gang that started in Central America that are so bad they have to have their own prison which they run.

They kill Blacks and Anglos because they are Blacks and Anglos. They blow up bus loads of people just to show that the police don't have control, they do. They're in Canada too now and understand that you can get one guy who is squeeky clean to get a gun dealer license and then traffic guns to gangsters through straw purcahses.

While you seem to think the idea is to keep guns away from hobby shooters and fanciers, I want to make it more difficult for guys like this to get their hands on them.

Sincerely, Good Luck!!!!!

The problem is, they get them in all the Central American countries, don't they????

You should check the gun laws in Mexico and points south......

Unforgiven

Sincerely, Good Luck!!!!!

The problem is, they get them in all the Central American countries, don't they????

You should check the gun laws in Mexico and points south......

Yeah it's really terrible in the Congo too dumbass but that doesn't have the same affect in the streets of Toronto that the gun show loophole does.

DaSleeper

But why, why shoudn't it be allowed in Canada?

If it isn't, why worry about why it shouldn't

Quote:

Sure but this is who can buy a gun without question just over the border.

I should infringe upon another's sovereignty to make my job easier? Stop him at the bloody border for Pete's sake

Quote:

So if another country is working in your country to change the laws of your country to be more like their country, and it bothers you, what do you do about it?
In your arm chair and all.

Is it the apple or the orange answer you need

Quote:

It has to do with the topic because the gun show loophole in the US is how many trafficed hand guns get into criminal hands and into Canada. Closing that loophole in the US, that doesn't restrict anyone there who is legally allowed to have a gun, helps to reduce the problem of innocent bystanders getting killed or injured in Canada by gangsters with handguns and restricted weapons.

It's their loop hole...if it is so..
their law to change if they can...
Good luck with that can of worm....
And change that CD if you can....that song is giving me a headache

CDNBear
Anybody else wonder why it is, those that support the legalization of drugs, complain about the slippery slope of rights being infringed for our security, are also the same people that love really tight gun control laws?

I confused by the monumental hypocrisy.

Unforgiven

If it isn't, why worry about why it shouldn't

So that you understand why it shouldn't be. Do you accept that something is as it should be because the government tells you so?

Quote:

I should infringe upon another's sovereignty to make my job easier? Stop him at the bloody border for Pete's sake

Ah but to stop him at the border would mean making the border like the US Mexican border. It would take thousands of people, billions of dollars and still leave areas where the border could not be closed should the need be.

Why is that easier than closing the gun show loop hole that allows anyone to sell or buy a gun no questions asked?

Quote:

Is it the apple or the orange answer you need

Simple, the right answer is all I ask for.

Quote:

It's their loop hole...if it is so..
their law to change if they can...
Good luck with that can of worm....
And change that CD if you can....that song is giving me a headache

Right but to understand it is to know if it needs to be changed or not. And so it has to be discussed first. Since none of you princes of the piss.. piss... pistoliers
has a reasonable argument against allowing someone to buy a gun no questions asked just over the border, I think it's a good position to argue the point from.

Imagine the headache that would be yours if you had to bury your 15 year old kid shot in downtown Toronto while shopping on boxing day.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Anybody else wonder why it is, those that support the legalization of drugs, complain about the slippery slope of rights being infringed for our security, are also the same people that love really tight gun control laws?

Ever wonder why it is that you can write volumes on decriminalization over prohibition or legalization and still people tell you that you want to legalize drugs?

What's more no matter how hard I tried I couldn't kill you with all the Cannabis in the world. Yet with a little old handgun that I can buy no questions asked just across the border would drop you like so much laundry in a dufflebag. Hell I wouldn't even have to stand up or use two hands to put a big guy like you on your back or worse on your knees.

That's the difference.

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker

Imagine the headache that would be yours if you had to bury your 15 year old kid shot in downtown Toronto while shopping on boxing day.

Imagine the headache that would be yours if you had to bury your 15 year old kid shot in
your own home during a home invasion by some Jabroni with an illegal weapon while you
have had your right to defend your Family legislated away from you. The slippery slope that
comes with well intentioned beginnings to infringements of individual rights

Unforgiven

Imagine the headache that would be yours if you had to bury your 15 year old kid shot in your own home during a home invasion by some Jabroni with an illegal weapon while you have had your right to defend your Family legislated away from you. The slippery slope that comes with well intentioned beginnings to infringements of individual rights

And if you're not Mad Max?

Closing the gun show loophole won't stop a single legal gun buyer from buying a gun. It won't stop anyone who is allowed to have a gun in their home to have that gun. It will help to reduce the amount of guns trafficed to criminals and organized crime. Thus the chances of your home being invaded by someone with a firearm are reduced without restricting the rights of legitimate guns owners.

DaSleeper
I said a while ago, I wouldn't get into nitpicking, and I gotta admit Unforgiven...you're good.. you sucked me into it......

But you know something??? Whether you're right and I'm wrong or I'm right and you're wrong.....A week from now...or the one after...when I'm in Toronto...I'm willing to meet you somewhere for coffee or a beer.....and to show my good faith, Ill even let you frisk me for weapons...as long as you don't take so long at it that I start enjoying it.....

Unforgiven

I said a while ago, I wouldn't get into nitpicking, and I gotta admit Unforgiven...you're good.. you sucked me into it......

Come on you know you like it.

Quote:

But you know something??? Whether you're right and I'm wrong or I'm right and you're wrong.....A week from now...or the one after...when I'm in Toronto...I'm willing to meet you somewhere for coffee or a beer.....and to show my good faith, Ill even let you frisk me for weapons...as long as you don't take so long at it that I start enjoying it.....

Hey right on! I'll see if Muz can join us. Having missed you a couple of times, this one for sure. pm me the details of when you're here once you have them sorted and we'll make it happen.

taxslave
Free Thinker

This is what we all want. Some of us just don't want to loose ours in the process.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

This is what we all want. Some of us just don't want to loose ours in the process.

You would think this is what we all want, but as Colpy here has shown, we all don't want the same thing.

I don't want anyone who is going to enjoy and use firearms in a responsible and safe manner to lose out on any aspect of ownership but because a firearms, especially handguns can be so easily concealed and so damn dangerous in the wrong hands, the ability to purchase them, sell them and trade them in any manner can be traced so that those who would put them into the hands of criminals can be removed from society with the one who does the shooting until they are no longer a danger to anyone.

Closing the gun show loophole will help with that.

AnnaG

What is with the Red & Green & Black & Blue & Purple quoting going on here?
It's awkward as Hell to plod through. Is the Quote feature (the real one) not working
for some folks here?

Early Christmas? Wishful thinking? Or maybe like Sir Pompass; can't figure out how to push the quote button?

AnnaG

...fire off a reply to the FAQ telling it how it's an idiot and at some point bring in the Second Amendment just for good measure.

Now, that was funny. lmao
Oh, sorry. I suppose you're still toting grudges around with you. I will try not to laugh at the funny things you say.

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
I was the first to bring up the second amendment with this
above after the quote.

Nobody batted an eye...oh well.

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

... or have some gov't dildo turn us into criminals just by changing the rules. That's it in a nutshell.

AnnaG

I was the first to bring up the second amendment with this
above after the quote.

Nobody batted an eye...oh well.

I rolled my eyes about the last sentence in it, Ron. Does that count?

Liberalman
Free Thinker
when a gun is used to kill a person then the gunmaker should be charged as well

Niflmir
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Well you have to realize that although I think I should be able to buy whatever drugs I might desire, I don't think I should be able to buy them as easily as I pick up a carton of milk. So there is no real hypocrisy: I want them both regulated and not criminalized. Further, I do not argue for the legalization of drugs or the regulation of weapons based on rights arguments, but rather use social impact arguments. All this is to say, there is no hypocrisy.

Second, the only purpose of a gun, the thing it was designed to do, is to kill something. A handgun especially was designed to kill a human, in close quarters. That is not something which should be taken lightly. That makes them quite a different thing from drugs, whose purpose is to alter consciousness to some degree, and not to kill something. From making a person more awake (caffeine), to relaxing nerves (nicotine, valium in small doses), to inducing euphoria (alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, etc.) or hallucinations (mushrooms, LSD, mescaline). Although marijuana is quite dysphoric for some people, including myself. Depending on its effects, more or less regulating is required, as seen by the varying regulations on the first four examples. There is more inherent harm in weapons (by design) than drugs.

The sad thing, for me, is that it would be exceedingly easy for me to possess something like a handgun in Canada, and I do not care at all. While, something I do care about, a morning star, is completely illegal. Similarly, it is illegal to own nunchaku in Canada. Period, end of story, you cannot get a permit, you cannot pass through the country, you cannot even use them in sport. Why? Because these are weapons designed to kill people. Sigh.

CDNBear

Ever wonder why it is that you can write volumes on decriminalization over prohibition or legalization and still people tell you that you want to legalize drugs?

Because that's what you're looking to do.

Quote:

What's more no matter how hard I tried I couldn't kill you with all the Cannabis in the world. Yet with a little old handgun that I can buy no questions asked just across the border would drop you like so much laundry in a dufflebag. Hell I wouldn't even have to stand up or use two hands to put a big guy like you on your back or worse on your knees.

This is true.

Quote:

That's the difference.

There are all sorts of differences, perceptions and opinions. We've just seen about all of them play out in this waltz of words.

I find myself siding with Colpy on a few levels, and I don't even rifle hunt. I do however own a few. All of which are for distance shooting. One of which, could be used at distances exceeding 1000m. Which I have been reluctant to discuss in the past, due to the fact that I was in breach of the LGR. I am no longer in breach, therefore, more open about it. Where Colpy and I differ is on hand guns and I believe automatic weapons.

But the laws don't just target those weapons, they target all of them.

And if you're not Mad Max?

You should be.

Quote:

Closing the gun show loophole won't stop a single legal gun buyer from buying a gun.

I agree, but we're not in the US.

Quote:

It won't stop anyone who is allowed to have a gun in their home to have that gun. It will help to reduce the amount of guns trafficed to criminals and organized crime.

No it won't, but I still agree, somewhat. I'll sight Vermont, with the most lax gun laws in the US, as a prime example of how your train of thought is flawed.

Quote:

Thus the chances of your home being invaded by someone with a firearm are reduced without restricting the rights of legitimate guns owners.

BS. Considering the bulk of the weapons seized by law enforcement are stolen weapns.

Hey right on! I'll see if Muz can join us. Having missed you a couple of times, this one for sure. pm me the details of when you're here once you have them sorted and we'll make it happen.

Do I f!ckin smell or something!!!??? WTF?

Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

... or have some gov't dildo turn us into criminals just by changing the rules. That's it in a nutshell.

Yep!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

I rolled my eyes about the last sentence in it, Ron. Does that count?

May I ask why you rolled your eyes?

Every weapon has three safeties. 1, your head. 2) Your finger. 3) The one on the weapon. If the first safety isn't working, the other three are useless.

Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

It's official, your cheese has officially hit the floor.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

Depends on if the gun maker took any measure to see that the person it was sold to was entitled to have and use the weapon. Handing it off to some dude in a parking lot for twice your asking price, then yeah charged right along side of the murderer.

CDNBear

Depends on if the gun maker took any measure to see that the person it was sold to was entitled to have and use the weapon. Handing it off to some dude in a parking lot for twice your asking price, then yeah charged right along side of the murderer.

Ummm, you need to be licensed to purchase weapons from the manufacturer. If you have a license, then the convening authority is responsible to ensure you are qualified, not the manufacturer.

Manufacturers do not sell weapons in parking lots to people with no paper work.