Man claims mouse was in his McDonald’s coffee


spaminator
#1
Man claims mouse was in his McDonald’s coffee
QMI Agency
First posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 12:20 PM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 12:42 PM EDT
McDonald's Canada is investigating after a Fredericton man claimed he found a mouse in the bottom of his cup of coffee recently.
A photo showing what appears to be a mouse at the bottom of a used coffee cup was posted to a Fredericton community Facebook page earlier this week.
In a statement, McDonald's Canada said it's investigating, but neither the local health authority nor an inspection by a pest control company turned up any evidence of mice in the restaurant.
"Until such time as we are able to collect all the necessary facts and laboratory results to conclude a full review, it would be inappropriate for us to comment further. Similarly, we would also caution against jumping to conclusions until more details are available," the statement says.
The claim of the McMouse was hotly debated on the Facebook page, with some calling the find gross while others questioned the validity of the story.
This photo posted to the Fredericton BBS Facebook page appears to show a mouse at the bottom of a used coffee cup. The person who posted the image claimed a man found the mouse in his McDonald's coffee after drinking the beverage. McDonald's Canada has said it is investigating. (Photo: Facebook/QMI Agency)

Man claims mouse was in his McDonald’s coffee | Canada | News | Toronto Sun
good to the last drop.
 
Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
DaSleeper
+5
#2  Top Rated Post
You could say that "I smell a rat" in that mouse story
 
JLM
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

You could say that "I smell a rat" in that mouse story


You'd think if it was true it would be in every newspaper in the country or did the guy keep it quiet except for telling a couple of friends?
 
#juan
+2
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

You'd think if it was true it would be in every newspaper in the country or did the guy keep it quiet except for telling a couple of friends?

A fly, quite possible, a bug of some kind, maybe. A mouse, don't think so. If you are pouring coffee into a cup with the mouse already there, the cup would feel heavier. If the mouse was poured in with the coffee, you would notice it....it would make a splash. Sounds like shinola to me.
 
CDNBear
#5
A mouse finding its way into a paper cup in a shop that has all sorts of edibles adored by mice.

Highly improbable.
 
damngrumpy
#6
In this case follow the money it never h appen
 
SLM
+1
#7
It's the finger in the chili all over again!!!!
 
CDNBear
#8
Honestly guys, if you've ever worked in fast food, this is not that unheard of.

It usually gets caught before the customer gets it though.
 
SLM
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Honestly guys, if you've ever worked in fast food, this is not that unheard of.

It usually gets caught before the customer gets it though.

Fingers?????
 
CDNBear
#10
Mice.
 
SLM
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Mice.

There really are just some things I don't want to know.

And I mostly eat at home anyway.
 
CDNBear
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

There really are just some things I don't want to know.

And I mostly eat at home anyway.

That's likely for the best. You have no idea the horrors that go on "in the back", lol.
 
JLM
+1
#13
I've heard it said if a guy was to spend an hour in a restaurant kitchen he'd never eat in a restaurant again.
 
CDNBear
#14
You just have to know what to order, when to order and how to treat the people that handle your order.
 
Blackleaf
#15
That's what happens when you go to a McDonald's.

If it's not chicken's heads found in a crappy McDonald's "meal" it's a mouse found in a crappy McDonald's "coffee". Some people will just never learn to not dine at McDonald's.
 
JLM
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

You just have to know what to order, when to order and how to treat the people that handle your order.




There's an old saying "you have to eat a peck of dirt before you die"-
 
Blackleaf
#17
It's one thing to get one of those McDonald's Happy Meals for a child and you don't know what nice surprise you're going to find in it.

Yet you don't have to buy a Happy Meal to find a surprise with your meal in McDonald's. Just buy a Big Mac or a milkshake or some fries and you may find a mouse, a chicken's head or a rotting hedgehog lying between the buns or covered in sickly pink liquid.
 
JLM
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

It's one thing to get one of those McDonald's Happy Meals for a child and you don't know what nice surprise you're going to find in it.

Yet you don't have to buy a Happy Meal to find a surprise with your meal in McDonald's. Just buy a Big Mac or a milkshake or some fries and you may find a mouse, a chicken's head or a rotting hedgehog lying between the buns or covered in sickly pink liquid.


Yeah, but what are the chances? Maybe one in a thousand!
 
Blackleaf
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Yeah, but what are the chances? Maybe one in a thousand!

Not in McDonald's. Every week there's a story in the papers about someone finding something unpleasant in their McDonald's meal (and I'm not just talking about the actual food). There'll be another one along next week.
 
JLM
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Not in McDonald's. Every week there's a story in the papers about someone finding something unpleasant in their McDonald's meal (and I'm not just talking about the actual food). There'll be another one along next week.

Maybe it's just extra protein!
 
shadowshiv
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Honestly guys, if you've ever worked in fast food, this is not that unheard of.

It usually gets caught before the customer gets it though.



I work in the fast food industry. No mice to be found, and I've worked there a few years now. Have the odd fly bobbing about the store during the warm months, but that is about it.


Personally, I think this guy is full of ****. If there is a mouse, there is going to be mouse droppings, which the Health Department would have found evidence of.
 
JLM
#22
It's nothing compared to the fingers that come out of a sausage factory!
 
DaSleeper
#23
I was thinking of this thread two days ago as I was waiting for my coffee at McDonald. The cup holder was out of the size I was asking for, and I saw the lady take a (sealed plastic bag) out of a cupboard unseal it and place all the cups on a spring loaded cup holder, shaped and sized like the cups that belong there....
Mouse in there?......impossible