Thank you

triedit
#1
Now Im not one of the butt kissers around here, but I would like to say thank you to Andem for including the "ignore" option. I currently only have one person on ignore, but every time I see the function has worked, I say a little prayer of thanks.

I don't know how many people actually use it...probably more should! But it does give me some peace from that person and I appreciate that. Does anyone else have someone on ignore? Don't tell who,that's just wrong. Just wondering if Im the only one.
 
Dexter Sinister
#2
Yep, I too have one person on my ignore list, not because he was harassing me, but just because I have no interest in reading or responding to anything he says. It might be a she, come to think of it, the user name is gender-neutral, but the posting style suggests testosterone-addled youthful masculinity.
 
El Barto
#3
yup I have two . They're both ridiculously religious.
 
shadowshiv
#4
While I myself do not have anyone on Ignore, I think that it is a very good option for people to use if they want to.
 
Unforgiven
#5
Yeah you want to ignore them so much you can't help talking about how they are on ignore.
 
El Barto
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

Yeah you want to ignore them so much you can't help talking about how they are on ignore.

ROFL
 
Locutus
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

Yeah you want to ignore them so much you can't help talking about how they are on ignore.

Excellent point.
 
Sal
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

Yeah you want to ignore them so much you can't help talking about how they are on ignore.

Unforgiven I just have to know... if I'm not on ignore that is, , what is that pic in your avatar?
 
daisygirl
#9
Unf's avatar is a picture of his beloved dog, Guinness. He is deaf, btw, but is being taught to respond to hand signals. Now, I will probably get this wrong but if memory serves me right he is a bull terrier.
Last edited by daisygirl; Oct 13th, 2007 at 08:09 PM..
 
El Barto
#10
i tried doing that with me ex , guess thats why i got bitten so much.
 
daisygirl
#11
Love bites, EB?
 
El Barto
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by daisygirl View Post

Love bites, EB?

yeah in soooo many ways i'm afriad until the big crunch and then there goes your heart as she has your jugular
 
Unforgiven
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

Unforgiven I just have to know... if I'm not on ignore that is, , what is that pic in your avatar?

Yep that's The Guinness! His name is Dodger short for I Bullit Dodger. He's a Bull Terrier and as Daisy mentioned he's deaf. Not that he would listen if he could hear. He's just 3 years old now and starting to mature.

While these dogs are not for everyone, in the right hands they are the most interesting, funny and of course photogenic of creatures.

The name thing, is just a game we play when referring to him we call him The Guinness, like they call Wayne Gretzky The Great One. When talking to him, which is nuts of course as he is deaf, we call him Dodger. We don't do that so much though as oddly enough he'll talk right back to you as though he understands what you are talking about. As a matter of fact he is one of those yappy sorts that if you are polite and say good morning to, will yammer on to no end. All gibberish. The wife says he gets it from me. I tell her he's not my kid for crying out loud.

So now you're all caught up. I'm Allister by the way. Pleased ta meetcha.
 
Sal
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

Yep that's The Guinness! His name is Dodger short for I Bullit Dodger. He's a Bull Terrier and as Daisy mentioned he's deaf. Not that he would listen if he could hear. He's just 3 years old now and starting to mature.

While these dogs are not for everyone, in the right hands they are the most interesting, funny and of course photogenic of creatures.

The name thing, is just a game we play when referring to him we call him The Guinness, like they call Wayne Gretzky The Great One. When talking to him, which is nuts of course as he is deaf, we call him Dodger. We don't do that so much though as oddly enough he'll talk right back to you as though he understands what you are talking about. As a matter of fact he is one of those yappy sorts that if you are polite and say good morning to, will yammer on to no end. All gibberish. The wife says he gets it from me. I tell her he's not my kid for crying out loud.

So now you're all caught up. I'm Allister by the way. Pleased ta meetcha.

Daisy...thanks for the info, looks like you were right.
Unforgiven, pleased to meet you as well. Dodger looks like a major suck. They are supposed to have a good disposition aren't they? Funny that he is deaf but mouthy. One of my cats is mouthy as all get out. Will some mornings meow with each step as she crosses the room. Funny how they all have their own little quirks. Funny how they run the household. Anyway I just had to ask. He is quite cute. Must take after your side of the family huh?
 
Sal
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by triedit View Post

Now Im not one of the butt kissers around here,

So like, is it bad to be a butt kisser?
 
El Barto
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

So like, is it bad to be a butt kisser?

It depends where exactly the kisses land
 
Sal
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by El Barto View Post

It depends where exactly the kisses land

Well it's just that I was thinking I love when people kiss my butt, but if being a butt kisser was a bad thing, well then I would never get my butt kissed. And if I never got to get my butt kissed... well ya know, that would just ruin my week.
 
daisygirl
#18
EB, silly man, if you're a butt kisser, then obviously you are going to kiss butts. I would be more concerned with whose butt I was going to kiss. I mean it could be hairy, stinky, dirty, clean, etc. You get the idea.

 
El Barto
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by daisygirl View Post

EB, silly man, if you're a butt kisser, then obviously you are going to kiss butts. I would be more concerned with whose butt I was going to kiss. I mean it could be hairy, stinky, dirty, clean, etc. You get the idea.







um ...errr my answer was of a deeper nature
 
mapleleafs67
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

Yep, I too have one person on my ignore list, not because he was harassing me, but just because I have no interest in reading or responding to anything he says. It might be a she, come to think of it, the user name is gender-neutral, but the posting style suggests testosterone-addled youthful masculinity.

why do i get the feeling your talking about me here
 
Dexter Sinister
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by mapleleafs67 View Post

why do i get the feeling your talking about me here

I have no idea. It's not you, it's somebody who's been here much longer than you have.
 
El Barto
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

I have no idea. It's not you, it's somebody who's been here much longer than you have.

Dex , you should also say that that person is much more of a Wanker then him............lol
 
Brat
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

When talking to him, which is nuts of course as he is deaf, we call him Dodger. We don't do that so much though as oddly enough he'll talk right back to you as though he understands what you are talking about. As a matter of fact he is one of those yappy sorts that if you are polite and say good morning to, will yammer on to no end. All gibberish.

Maybe he reads lips?


This dog is the coolest, (aside from my own of course) He is absolutely adorable and I don't think he has a mean bone in his body. The sweet photos of him reflect his sweet disposition perfectly.
 
Curiosity
#24
Dual Topics - makes an interesting and comfy read in the early hours of a Sunday ...

Ignore feature

I would not be surprised if I grace that button for many - I disturb and irritate far too much and feel good they can remove me at will.

For myself I am far too nosy to ignore anything written even knowing I am wading into dangerous waters, will be hurt what I expect the poster to write but accept the challenge to 'get over it', or be overjoyed at some beautiful writing, or be taught something new by a complete stranger, or even be flirted with a bit...I would hate to miss all of it. It's life.

Love of Critters

Saturday is a favorite day of mine where routine includes people I love and enjoy being with. My morning paper is the first touch of the outside world.... and there was a picture of a cat who had been placed in a container by its young owner, soaked in kerosene and set on fire.

It lived - the picture in its ugliness (not the cat but the result), the insanity of a child considering this was something normal to do, and the ensuing story of the people who saved the animal, took it to another city to live and hopefully survive and live on in peace and care by others stayed with me all day. I could not shake it. I can't even bring myself to throw away that page.

I come very close to murder in my heart when I read things like this. Cruelty to animals or little ones or the elderly bring out the worst in me and reluctantly remind me how basic we humans really are for all of our knowledge and discoveries and comforts we have created for ourselves. We remain beasts of the jungle in so many parts of our brain.
 
Vereya
#25
Like Curio, I am too curious about what people have to say, even if I don't like them or disagree with their point of view. So I don't have anyone on the ignore.
 
JoeSchmoe
#26
I don't know how to use the ignore function.... otherwise I'd be looking at a blank screen!