Canada, Harper need a 'reality check' on global warming: report

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by Kakato View Post

I knew it was only a matter of time before Saskatchewans prosperity had the jelous types giving them the same attention As Alberta.

No way. Ontario's total emissions is pretty bad as well.

Kakato
Plant a tree

mentalfloss

Plant a tree

Kakato
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

No way. Ontario's total emissions is pretty bad as well.

Consider all the wealth Alberta and Sask. are pumping into Canada right now,then tell me about your graphs and why they are higher in these 2 provinces.

Duh!

Cabbagesandking
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

All i can say is.. don't worry about it.

There has never been any credibility to the AGW hoax or it's contrived computer 'models'. They have never been able to predict anything, and now claim any abnormal event as proof of their claims. It has never been anything but a political agenda posited by radical environmentalists and their viciously anti-human ideology. The more that becomes obvious, the more frenzied the hysteria becomes around it.

Listen to the major American networks now and they lead every news telecast with breathless expositions of 'extreme weather'.. selectively choosing extreme examples and ignoring those that don't jive with its political objective. Hence the coldest winter in a generation in Europe and central Asia .. the cool weather on the west coast.. are ignored.. and a short heat wave in the middle of the continent blown into the dimensions of a catastrophe.. and harbinger of things to come.

The miniscule human input to the carbon content of the atmosphere is completely overwhelmed by normal geophysical activity.. and even that doesn't effect the weather in substantial or prolonged parts. Hence the predictability of weather patterns since the last Ice Age. The only significant and lasting effect on the weather is variations of the sun's radiation.

So relaxe. Be assured you are being lied to by AGW proponents, who have anything but your best interests at heart.

Do you have support for even one of this Gish Gallop of silly observations.

mentalfloss

Consider all the wealth Alberta and Sask. are pumping into Canada right now,then tell me about your graphs and why they are higher in these 2 provinces.

Duh!

Duh, what?

Creating wealth harms the environment?

Kakato

Duh, what?

Creating wealth harms the environment?

I guess you dont see the correlation between employment and your graphs.
Your the one talking about our environment being harmed,looks fine to me,maybe you should leave the basement and see the world outside.

mentalfloss

I guess you dont see the correlation between employment and your graphs.
Your the one talking about our environment being harmed,looks fine to me,maybe you should leave the basement and see the world outside.

Not my problem you don't accept the science.

Niflmir
Free Thinker
+2

I knew it was only a matter of time before Saskatchewans prosperity had the jelous types giving them the same attention As Alberta.

Compare with Luxembourg, which has a much higher GDP per capita than Saskatchewan or Alberta both, and has much lower emissions per person.

You could get a lot more work done if you didn't bathe or clean up your house too. Alberta and Saskatchewan don't need to neglect their responsibilities to be successful.

petros

Here's the full breakdown:

You want to look at where it says Residential.

That's 41 Mt C02 out of 692 Mt C02.. otherwise, no more than 6% of the total GHG output.

Read the line below Electricty and Heat Generation. Compare production of oil from Mt to Residential Mt. Which is growing faster? It's not the oil industry is it?

Whereis the CO2 coming from? Maybe your barking up the wrong resources or industries?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

He probably keeps the thermostat pegged at 21C and showers daily. Evil bastard.

Stupid on two counts.............it dries the clean and makes you too clean (sanitized) so you don't develop an immunity to bad bugs!

Kakato
You would think Ontario has enough of it's own problems that flossy would focus more on them then posting every single article he can about the west and how bad it is.

Allmost like theres an agenda here or he's an NDP hack.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Hey Ka-ka.... How do you have so much time on your bulldozer dial-up? I mean ... if you're so great at everything you have a thousand years experience on, shouldn't you be in demand to actually do something other than play on the pooter?

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Cabbagesandking View Post

That is not CO2 and it is not connected with what I wrote even if it were.

You're still balmy.
List of countries by carbon dioxide emissions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kakato
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Hey Ka-ka.... How do you have so much time on your bulldozer dial-up? I mean ... if you're so great at everything you have a thousand years experience on, shouldn't you be in demand to actually do something other than play on the pooter?

Rained out buddy,drove the 800 kliks home saturday and prolly wont be back untill next monday which is good,time to spend of my prosperity dollars and spend time with my family,funny your so interested in me though,hope your not one of those internet stalker types.

Maybe your just a troll?

Havent been on a dozer for awhile,cant wait though for the chance to get back in the seat.

I only need 3 days a week of work to live comfortably,it could rain 4 days of the week and I would be stylin!

I get paid quite nice for rain days.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Stupid on two counts.............it dries the skin and makes you too clean (sanitized) so you don't develop an immunity to bad bugs!

Oooooooooops, I just corrected the original post, I goofed!

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1

Rained out buddy,drove the 800 kliks home saturday and prolly wont be back untill next monday which is good,time to spend of my prosperity dollars and spend time with my family,funny your so interested in me though,hope your not one of those internet stalker types.

Maybe your just a troll?

Havent been on a dozer for awhile,cant wait though for the chance to get back in the seat.

I only need 3 days a week of work to live comfortably,it could rain 4 days of the week and I would be stylin!

I get paid quite nice for rain days.

No ... wouldn't give a damn for you or anyone like you. I guess, in short, I just don't care much for braggarts.

Go ahead.... One-up it. I know you wanna....

Kakato

No ... wouldn't give a damn for you or anyone like you. I guess, in short, I just don't care much for braggarts.

Go ahead.... One-up it. I know you wanna....

Like I said,your takeing an uncomfortable interest in me.
Following me around on topics and not adding anything but your childish comments.

Try add something to the discussion if you got anything.

Your last 2 posts pretty well show what I'm tryin to say.

Go stalk someone else bud.

lone wolf
Free Thinker

Like I said,your takeing an uncomfortable interest in me.
Following me around on topics and not adding anything but your childish comments.

Try add something to the discussion if you got anything.

Your last 2 posts pretty well show what I'm tryin to say.

Go stalk someone else bud.

Report it, crybaby

Kakato

Report it, crybaby

Your easier to ignore as of now,seems your the one doing all the whining and crying.
I could care less about you.

And I've never reported a post in my time here.
More fun to laugh at some.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
My what?

Cabbagesandking
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

You're still balmy.
List of countries by carbon dioxide emissions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The list of emissions by countries is irrelevant to this question, Walter. Canada had a Kyoto commitment that should have been achieved by 2012 - or as well as we could. China, as a developing country had only to make inventories and measurements. To prepare for the new round that Canada just sabotaged.But, the fact is,that China although its emissions are increasing (unavoidably at this time) has done far more to prepare for eventual - and not too much longer delayed, reductions.

China is the world's largst investor in renewable production and technology. For its part in the stimulus programmes a couple of years ago, China devoted the bulk to renewable generation. Wind and Solar. By this, it put itself in the driver's seat for the inevitable push to develop and sell the tools and the technology in the future.

Omicron
+1 / -1

Canada, Harper need a 'reality check' on global warming: report

OTTAWA — Members of a federal advisory panel, who recently learned their organization was on the chopping block, are sending Prime Minister Stephen Harper a "reality check" on the economic dangers of his global warming policies.

Want to bet he doesn't listen?

Imagine one of those freaks with extreme notions not based on reality that you knew in high-school were to get power.

Operationally, the only difference between his Reformation-of-the-Nation and the Nazi-reformation-of-Germancy is that he's feeling smug about being more sneaky-quiet about it than was Hitler.

Currently, there's two main theories behind the behavior:

1) He knows he's a tool of Satan and thinks the million years or so of secret bum-**** joy he gets as reward for his part in bringing the world down will be worth it before getting eaten, which means he doesn't have a clue how long infinity is. How long did it feel to you as a child would it take to become older, but it happened before you noticed anyway, didn't it?

2) He thinks he's been let in on the secret of where God came from, Who didn't want to talk about it when Moses asked about it at the burning bush, which is that the capitolistic idealization of Social Darwinism is real, such that on the planet God came from it was only those who saved trillions and got others to build escape-rockets/fall-out-shelters/arks who got to live while leaving the builders behind, such that all Harper-action is towards enabling shareholders to become super-rich enough to build themselves survival chambers to survive after the global collapsed caused by their economic drive to become a survivor caused.

Just out of curiosity...

How many people in here think that after Armagedon, which Harper acts like he's working to accelerate, in order for (I'm guessing) himself to be there in person to feel the joy of seeing Jesus come out of the clouds in order to hear Him say:

"Go Forth and Be Capitalists reaching out to gain control of everything. Your height in Heaven shall be based on how many you put-down and gather to stand upon".

?

At this point, lots of people go nuts feeling like they can't tell the difference between objectives of God versus those of the Devil.

The difference is, one way you can keep growing forever, and the other way you get to be food for one wanting to grow forever.

Next you get gnarlies going, "but the reason we fought for this free society was so I could be a free wolverine".

Right... ever read the memoirs of what's-his-name the Brit able to psychologically work with Arabs during the first world war?

Walter
Godwin is right again.
Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cabbagesandking
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Godwin is right again.
Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What if the comparison is appropriate? What if we are heading to totalitarianism. Apart from Godwin's law being one man's opinion and not a law of any kind.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cabbagesandking View Post

What if the comparison is appropriate? What if we are heading to totalitarianism. Apart from Godwin's law being one man's opinion and not a law of any kind.

The question is: 'Who will be the dictator(s) of the new regime?"

In my book, those groups/individuals that unilaterally determine that 'the debate is over' before any such activity occurred are in line for the leadership.

mentalfloss
Love this zinger.

Quote:

Asked about the changes to environmental law proposed in the budget, Mulcair compared Environment Minister Peter Kent to a clueless journalist portrayed by comedian Will Ferrell in the movie Anchorman.

Quote:

"We have Mr. Kent who simply reads whatever is in front of him. He reminds me of Will Farrell’s character Ron Burgandy," Mulcair said.

"I mean, he’ll just read whatever it says on his piece of paper. And he doesn’t even have to understand, it doesn’t matter, he’ll stand up and say everything’s going well, and they’ll just keep repeating those lines."

Overnight budget votes to start tonight - Sudbury - CBC News

petros
Mulcair watches teenager movies?

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Mulcair watches teenager movies?

Did you just diss Anchorman?

petros
**** yeah!