Should a radon test or certification be compulsory before listing a house for sale?

JLM
High radon levels in Winnipeg military couple's home - Manitoba - CBC News

petros
Yup.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Yup.

I tend to agree, but it is a fine line between public safety and government interference!

Corduroy
+2
#4  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I tend to agree, but it is a fine line between public safety and government interference!

It's more of a Venn diagram really.

petros
+1

Public safety comes first. Period.

Want to make good money? Compile a radon venting system for basements amd crawl spaces.

lone wolf
Should - and that's a LOT of houses

APH - Radon

Corduroy
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Public safety comes first. Period.

Want to make good money? Compile a radon venting system for basements amd crawl spaces.

Better yet, become a housing developer, cut corners, sell homes at absurd prices to 20 year olds wanting to get in the housing market, disappear before people start dying.

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

It's more of a Venn diagram really.

I just learned something I didn't know!

Better yet, become a housing developer, cut corners, sell homes at absurd prices to 20 year olds wanting to get in the housing market, disappear before people start dying.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, shades of Freddy and Fanny! -

petros
+1

All houses should have been built on stilts and have outhouse for winter when your plumbing freezes?

Twila
+1

I just learned something I didn't know!

Better then learning something you already knew - :P duck and cover...

(sorry, I had to say it. if I didn't it would plague me til the end of time.)

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

Better then learning something you already knew - :P duck and cover...

(sorry, I had to say it. if I didn't it would plague me til the end of time.)

I know the feeling, but ironically when you reach a certain age you quite often need to learn things you already knew. You'll find out. -

Corduroy
+1

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, shades of Freddy and Fanny! -

Did they build houses? I thought they were more of the banking section of the home ownership scam.
Last edited by Corduroy; Jun 26th, 2014 at 04:32 PM..

JLM

Did they built houses? I thought they were more of the banking section of the home ownership scam.

O.K. split hairs why don't you? Does it matter which component of real estate scams? They should still be in jail! -

lone wolf
If Radon gas is a scam, it's huge one. It occurs naturally in a very large portion of the earth. R2000 homes make it worse