Casey Printers signs with BC

Kreskin
Casey Printers signed a practice roster contract today. Not sure if he can make a big difference this season but if he does show some promise, he might once again be the future of the club.

If the team doesn't do much this coming weekend he'll get some reps next week.

talloola
He has come full circle now, and I'm glad to see him back, if anyone can help
him return to his early form, it is buono, and I wish him luck, heard an interview
with him today, he has matured and is looking forward to helping the lions in any
way he can.
I certainly haven't been very inspired by both of the lion's quarterbacks this season.
I don't like Pierce's style at all, short jerky game, and when he does throw the
long pass, it's not even close, and he can't take any physical play at all, gets hurt
right away.
And Jackson has his moments, but no consistency, and poor Geroy Simon never
gets a pass thrown his way, so his game has dissapeared, but they are still hanging in there.
Last edited by talloola; Sep 22nd, 2009 at 12:29 AM..

Kreskin
Yes, there was a reason Pierce was found playing flag football in New Mexico. There is no deep game at all, and he's always hurt. Jackson is perplexing. Not sure the Lions have used him to his full potential. I'm not a fan of the Offensive Coordinator, Jacques Chapdelaine. Wish he was still in Edmonton. The guy still can't figure out how to gain a foot on third down and short.

Casey is on my friends list on Facebook. He lets anyone on as a friend. And he actually posts so is fun to read. I told him that I was one of the world's greatest armchair quarterbacks, and should the Lions need my help he knows where to find me. lol

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Yes, there was a reason Pierce was found playing flag football in New Mexico. There is no deep game at all, and he's always hurt. Jackson is perplexing. Not sure the Lions have used him to his full potential. I'm not a fan of the Offensive Coordinator, Jacques Chapdelaine. Wish he was still in Edmonton. The guy still can't figure out how to gain a foot on third down and short.

Casey is on my friends list on Facebook. He lets anyone on as a friend. And he actually posts so is fun to read. I told him that I was one of the world's greatest armchair quarterbacks, and should the Lions need my help he knows where to find me. lol

Don't hold your breath.
Why don't they give this Lulay (sp?) a chance, thought he was suppose to have
so much potential, maybe that time is here also.
Now I know the reason I kept thinking that Pierce looked like he just learned
the game yesterday, maybe I'm not as dumb about this game as I thought,
(don't reply to that statement)

Kreskin
Lulay might get the nod before him. I wonder how much of this is just a safety net and prepping for a competition at training camp next year.

talloola

Lulay might get the nod before him. I wonder how much of this is just a safety net and prepping for a competition at training camp next year.

I think buono probably has been doubting his quarterbacks for quite a while,
even though he says the politically correct things when interviewed, so yeah,
I think he was waiting to find the right opening to go ahead and bring printers
in, without ruffling the feathers of existing quarterbacks, now he can tinker with all of them, including printers, and maybe even get him into a game if
he finds it necessary, and next training camp, printers will be
there, (pierce and jackson might not), I hope.
He has only signed to a practice contract, so I guess that means he still has to make the team, which will probably happen sooner than later.
He is making $400.00 a week on the practice roster, better than nothing.
Wally Buono seems to be able to make something out of nothing.
I cried when I saw him cry after the game, and he said he was thinking about
his mother, apparantly she is alive, but suffers from alzheimers.
Nice to see him pass Mathews, especially because he is canadian, and mathews
seems like such a self centered, me me me me guy, and I hear he has had many
wives.

Kreskin
Buono surprised me with the tears. I guess it meant more to him than he was leading on. I believe alcohol got the better of Matthews. Remember that stint in Edmonton where he was let go for "health reasons". His wives probably let him go too.

talloola

Buono surprised me with the tears. I guess it meant more to him than he was leading on. I believe alcohol got the better of Matthews. Remember that stint in Edmonton where he was let go for "health reasons". His wives probably let him go too.

Probably, I see he has a young son, so I guess he's still 'active'? The boy is black, so possibly not his 'real' son, maybe adopted.

When he was interviewed at the last game, he stated that 'he' coached many
different teams, and built them up from the bottom, but buono only coached
two teams and stayed with them for a long time, it seemed like a braggy statement at the time, not sure if he really meant it that way.
He didn't mention his little stint with Hamilton, that didn't go too well.

TenPenny
I suppose if he and his family had cell phones, they would be called wireless printers.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

I suppose if he and his family had cell phones, they would be called wireless printers.

Oh dear--------

Kreskin
He could name his son Hewlett Packard Printers.

Kreskin
Matthews had the Swervyn Mervyn era in BC. How can someone miss with that. Buono might not have lost a game. Then went to TO with QB Dunigan and Pinball having his best year. Go the Stallions when they could stack the team with unlimited Americans. It's pretty hard to say who had the better situations. Buono has done fairly well out here with a bunch of no names for the most part.

talloola

Matthews had the Swervyn Mervyn era in BC. How can someone miss with that. Buono might not have lost a game. Then went to TO with QB Dunigan and Pinball having his best year. Go the Stallions when they could stack the team with unlimited Americans. It's pretty hard to say who had the better situations. Buono has done fairly well out here with a bunch of no names for the most part.

Team 1040 has gone nuts with this news yesterday and today, they keep wondering if printers can get over the past, but it is 'them' who can't do that,
and bring up everything they can think of that printers was involved in back
then.
The poor guy would just like to get on with it, but they are not satisfied with
that, it's a wonder any sports person can play their sport at a high level
and have success, because it's always in 'spite' of the media, who dwell on
the negative, and beat it to death.

Kreskin
Pratt is a diehard Lions fan. It seems if one has been around the team since the days of Paul brothers etc one can get cynical. But ya, the old Printer days are just that. He had an eye opener in Kansas City, then Hamilton, and has likely matured, and just wants to get on with playing football again.

talloola

Pratt is a diehard Lions fan. It seems if one has been around the team since the days of Paul brothers etc one can get cynical. But ya, the old Printer days are just that. He had an eye opener in Kansas City, then Hamilton, and has likely matured, and just wants to get on with playing football again.

Printers isn't travelling with the team this week, I guess until he signs an actual
contract, he will stay behind.
Team 1040 made a point today to notice the look on Pierce's face when the
tv crew was at their practice,talking about printers, etc.
They said he looked totally pi**ed off.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

Printers isn't travelling with the team this week, I guess until he signs an actual
contract, he will stay behind.
Team 1040 made a point today to notice the look on Pierce's face when the
tv crew was at their practice,talking about printers, etc.
They said he looked totally pi**ed off.

Wally has given Pierce a lot of chances. I don't think he'll ever be healthy enough or have the deep game to be a consistent threat. He might be choked but the team needs some new life, or at least some insurance for what is probably inevitable - another injury.

talloola

Wally has given Pierce a lot of chances. I don't think he'll ever be healthy enough or have the deep game to be a consistent threat. He might be choked but the team needs some new life, or at least some insurance for what is probably inevitable - another injury.

That's right, and apparantly he did have an injury last game, 'ribs', but all of a
sudden he seems to be OK. They say he will play on Friday. Maybe Buono will
give him one more chance to do it or not, then game over, and on to next guy.

YukonJack
I tried all kinds of printers, finally settled on Cannon.