Casey Printers returns to the CFL

CBC News
Welcome home, Casey Printers.
Printers was cut by the National Football League's Kansas City Chiefs on Sept. 1, but the former B.C. Lions quarterback wasn't out of work for long: he inked a three-year contract worth $1.5 million with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Thursday, a deal that makes him the highest-paid player in the CFL.
Printers played three seasons for B.C. and was named the CFL's top player in 2004 after throwing for 5,088 yards and 36 touchdowns. Despite his success, he left for the NFL following the 2005 season, a move fuelled by the Lions' refusal to name him the starter over veteran Dave Dickenson.
Printers failed to impress the Kansas City brass in 2006, spending most of season on the team's practice roster.
Now he's back in the CFL and we want to know what you think.
Can Printers be effective in his CFL return following a two-year absence from the league? Can he help turn around the Tiger-Cats, who sport an aneamic 1-8 record, and help Hamilton make the playoffs? What does Printers's return mean to the league?

More...

Kreskin
I'm looking forward to the Lions vs Ti-Cats Oct 26.

talloola
He has great potential, but when he was with the Lions, he was 'immature', needed some growing up
time, and he's still young. He will not fit with the lions, unless, of course, it was known that
Dickinson was gone, which it seems he isn't, as he is now practicing again, otherwise I think they
probably would have put in a bid for him, as he is good friends with Geroy Simon.( spell?)

If Dickenson gets 100% healthy again, we don't need another quarter back, and with Printers back on this
team, it would have upset the balance, just like it was the first time. Buck Pierce is really good, just
hope he isn't injury prone. And, the third guy is good too, and the fourth and the fifth.

Kreskin
I give Dickensen about one half of playing time and it will be the last of his career. He's had way too many concussions and injuries to have much of a career left. I honestly belive Jackson has some potential for the Lions. A 2 year starter at Notre Dame, great arm. He has all the tools, just needs to get the mind working.

I know Printers will be hyped for the Lions game. The Lion's defense will be smelling blood as well. Hunt, Wake and Johnson will have him running for his life. But that's six weeks away. I wonder if he'll get any playing time this weekend against Toronto.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

I give Dickensen about one half of playing time and it will be the last of his career. He's had way too many concussions and injuries to have much of a career left. I honestly belive Jackson has some potential for the Lions. A 2 year starter at Notre Dame, great arm. He has all the tools, just needs to get the mind working.

I know Printers will be hyped for the Lions game. The Lion's defense will be smelling blood as well. Hunt, Wake and Johnson will have him running for his life. But that's six weeks away. I wonder if he'll get any playing time this weekend against Toronto.

I listened to a long interview with him on the Rick Ball show today, and he said he definitely wouldn't
be playing, as he won't have had any practices, but I guess it could still be possible.
He is quite a motor mouth, but managed to say all the politically proper things. It's too bad Dickenson's future isn't confirmed, as Printers could have been hired by Lions, if they knew Dickenson
wasn't coming back, as it could very well be that, he won't be the same, and his season is ruined, however I'm also glad that the other two will get 'their day' as well, as they deserve to.
Jackson had a pretty good game last time out, they were saying that he just has to adjust to the
CFL passing game, and take a little off the passes, as they are far too straight, when they don't
need to be. Makes sense to me, cause he definitely threw a few way too hard and far last game,
maybe just too much adrenaline flowing, as he did settle down after that, but smith and 'what'hisname', put on quite a running show, was good to watch.

Toro
But Kenton Keith is still with the Colts!

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

I listened to a long interview with him on the Rick Ball show today, and he said he definitely wouldn't
be playing, as he won't have had any practices, but I guess it could still be possible.
He is quite a motor mouth, but managed to say all the politically proper things. It's too bad Dickenson's future isn't confirmed, as Printers could have been hired by Lions, if they knew Dickenson
wasn't coming back, as it could very well be that, he won't be the same, and his season is ruined, however I'm also glad that the other two will get 'their day' as well, as they deserve to.
Jackson had a pretty good game last time out, they were saying that he just has to adjust to the
CFL passing game, and take a little off the passes, as they are far too straight, when they don't
need to be. Makes sense to me, cause he definitely threw a few way too hard and far last game,
maybe just too much adrenaline flowing, as he did settle down after that, but smith and 'what'hisname', put on quite a running show, was good to watch.

By the sounds of it guys like Rob Murphy didn't want him around. The OL is getting into this brute force style. When they run the ball they can attack the defensive. When Printers is running around they just take punishment from the defensive line. Also pPrior to the Casey decision he called Printers a disruptive force in the locker room.

True about Jackson. I heard Buono telling him and Pierce to put more air under the ball. Let the receivers adjust. I hope he does become what his potential is.