Liberal Insider Trading?

Patsplace
Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck. Must be a Conservative plot.

What do they have to do to wake the people up to the fact that they should be turfed out on their ears? On top of that, it's 4 years since AD Scam and no one has gone to jail. Tell me that crime is not good business.
Pat

Reverend Blair
It might be nothing, Pat. That's why the NDP asked the RCMP in Canada and the SEC in the US to investigate...to find out if there was any wrongdoing. In the meantime, Goodale should step down as Minister of Finance because that's what ministers do when their department is being investigated. Layton called for that before Harper did too.

See, while the Conservatives have been screaming about scandals and corruption for their own political gain, the NDP has actually been working to do something about it.

the caracal kid
the canadian party system is about the achievement of power and privilage and nothing more.

if you think that the cons would not exercise every opportunity granted by this privilage just as the liberals do you have put blinders on.

the people most vocal about the denial of the so-called justice are only those that know that privilage grants but are for some reason or another denied it.

In this country it is only a crime if the victim is of higher status than the perpetrator.

Reverend Blair
That's why PR is so important, Caracal. No single party would have the power, so it'd way harder to get to the trough.

Patsplace
Quote: Originally Posted by the caracal kid

the canadian party system is about the achievement of power and privilage and nothing more.

If you believe that, you're either a hate filled plant from another country trying to destabilize Canada or you were dropped as a child. Lot's of us are very passionate about making a better Canada and regard the election process as a pretty good start. (I can hear the election reform folks drooling, me to and equal, elected, effective senate and...)

In this country it is only a crime if the victim is of higher status than the perpetrator.

The Liberals have been doing it for years and now is time for a change and I don't mean just a new pig at the trough either.

Like I've said before. Stand Up for Canada and change it. The world is run by those that show up.

Pat

the caracal kid
"hate filled plant"?

i recognize the inherent weaknesses within the system and i do not ignore them to pretend canada is something it is not.

gee... the libs did it for years, and the cons did it for years, and before that the libs did it for years....

if you don't recognize how politics is about power and privilage.... why do you think the major parties like the status quo? Hint: because it serves them well. They have established their routes "to the trough" and do not intend to give up their entitlement.

Electoral and government reform is necessary, but it is not going to come from the libs or cons.

Breakthrough2006
I find it odd that no matter how many scandals, scams or investigations occur within the Liberal party, their supporters simply claim that "Oh well, anyone else in their place would steal just as much".

I guess some of you need to convince and justify yourselves to vote Liberal even though morally, it's killing you inside.

the caracal kid
who, me? i have never voted liberal federally. i am not defending the libs, but i am also not going to pretend that the history of the cons is any different.

Breakthrough2006
Caracal, I wasn't trying to point you out. I meant it as a generalization.

I think it would be fair to point out that whenever some Conservative nutbar makes a stupid remark it becomes the leading story on every front page in the country but when a Liberal does it, it gets little coverage until people begin to show outrage.

Honestly. What do you think the media coverage would be like if a Conservative made racial remarks about the Chinese, bigoted remarks about gays and called Layton an asshole?

This is no different than many voters mentality. Ho hum, the Liberals caught in yet another scandal. If this kind of crap was happening in any other country, there would be riots in the streets. Instead in Canada, the most corrupt party in the history of Canada is leading in the polls.

the caracal kid
perhaps,

people accept things that fit with their preconceptions faster than things that challenge their preconceptions. (people like to be proven right, don't they)

i don't think people really go "ho hum" just to the liberals, i think they go "ho hum" to every government that has scandals.

people were outraged by the "chow chow", and people were outraged last election when the rednecks broke rank with harper and mouthed their true stances. So what is the big difference here? Just that the new CPC has not gotten a chance to really do something big and stupid yet? given who they are i don't really want to see what their "big and stupid" event would be.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

given who they are i don't really want to see what their "big and stupid" event would be.

Me either, but I would like to hear about Harper beating up a chair again. The man hates furniture or something.