Pot legal - sky not falling

Hoid
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rcm...cted-1.5067643

the Harper Silly Ninnies were against legalizing pot because - well because they are against everything - but specifically because there would be carnage on the roads and a massive work load put on the police to take blood tests and so forth for all he high people who were driving slowly and taking fewer risks. Or something.

in fact there has been no change whatsoever in traffic safety. Because all the people who drive high were driving high before.

They estimated 800 blood tests, but have taken only 80 so far. So it was much ado about nothing.

Like Gay marriage.

Walter
+1
Sky is falling for Justine. Comeuppance. Schadenfreude.

Hoid
Racist needs attention

petros
+3
#4  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rcm...cted-1.5067643
the Harper Silly Ninnies were against legalizing pot because - well because they are against everything - but specifically because there would be carnage on the roads and a massive work load put on the police to take blood tests and so forth for all he high people who were driving slowly and taking fewer risks. Or something.
in fact there has been no change whatsoever in traffic safety. Because all the people who drive high were driving high before.
They estimated 800 blood tests, but have taken only 80 so far. So it was much ado about nothing.
Like Gay marriage.

80% still in the hands of the black market is a huge success.

taxslave
+2 / -1
Probably the plan all along.

Danbones
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

80% still in the hands of the black market is a huge success.

Why pay government prices when the guy down the street is selling the same weed at half the price?...with bulk discounts as well.

LoL, Now That's liebarrel corruption.

Danbones
+2

Racist needs attention

Yes, no one is arguing that you do.

harrylee
+2
2 reasons why pot was legalized....1-Got TRudeau votes....2- Tax revenue

End of story

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by harrylee View Post

End of story

3. there is no reason to prohibit it and there never was

end of story

TalkingTogheter
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Probably the plan all along.

Black people are one of my best, but I was completely white among humanity. But, of course, I appreciate blacks as it is good to like other than us witnesses.

If the United States is the great enemy of the outside world, but only the EU has been the same, the Union was more common for Europeans with much peace.

The United States is the great villain of many nations than those of the EU in the great powers of Germany and France. Would Great Britain make a new referendum on Brexit.

pgs
+2

3. there is no reason to prohibit it and there never was

end of story

Is that a reason to tax it ?

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by harrylee View Post

End of story

Im thinking of setting up a kind of turkey shoot for this. Pick the date when the cost of administration overruns the tax revenue generated by pot sales. Closest to the actual date wins a free bong.

Hoid
Put me down for "never"

petros
+1

Put me down for "never"

Right now. They aren't making money from weed.

If you think sales of a measly 7.1t a month is a win....
Last edited by petros; Mar 26th, 2019 at 08:47 AM..

harrylee
They may make money at it, but nearly what they would make if it was done properly. They are never going to eliminate the blackmarket. Just like the natives and the cigarettes......Hell, the natives will likely take over a good chunk of that market, if they haven't already.
Irregardless, not the vice for me.

Hoid
not a vice at all

petros
+1
You have screws loose if you believe 7t a month is all Canadians are smoking.

The rest is "lost money".

Hoid
You have screws loose if you think the government is not going to make money selling weed - regardless of how stupid they are

petros
+1
A buck o gram excise tax on 7t is only $7,000,000 a month.

GST/PST is hit and miss based on consumer income.

Is weed the choice of Execs or low income?

Hoid

Im thinking of setting up a kind of turkey shoot for this. Pick the date when the cost of administration overruns the tax revenue generated by pot sales. Closest to the actual date wins a free bong.

Here is what I was replying to

I said never because they will make money regardless of how much they charge.

That's all I said. Your opinions and input on price etc have nothing to do with what I said

Curious Cdn
+2
Pot legal - sky not falling

That wasn't the sky that hit me?

Oh, far out, man!

Mowich

I'm in. April 1rst - the year 3000....................maybe.

Kreskin
+2
Its legal, but is it sold anywhere?

petros
+3
Yup. Your neighbour still grows and sells out of his rental house.

Hoid
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Its legal, but is it sold anywhere?

There is a real problem with the roll out - no pun intended.

There are way too few places set up and running and those that are are sold out all the time.

Jinentonix
+1
Some cities won't be allowing pot stores to operate within their borders. Whitby City Council just recently voted to prohibit weed shops. I think Ajax did the same.

On the flip side, I just knew the govt would get greedy with it. I sent the (then) Liberal govt of Ontario a detailed plan on how they could price weed and tax at it 5X the rate of tobacco and still bring in prices well below current street value and while generating positive revenue from the sales. Unfortunately they ignored the idea and decided to set up their cronies instead. Ford didn't listen either.

Here's the math. A gram of weed costs about the same amount to produce as a single king size cigarette. Using the price point for cigarettes before all the taxes, as mentioned above the govt could then tax pot at 5X the rate of tobacco which would put prices at $100/oz or less. Current street prices in my city range from $240-$320/oz. That's about the same prices that The OCS is charging for half decent shit. And that's assuming OCS has the stock to fill your order by the time they actually get around to filling it.

taxslave

You have screws loose if you think the government is not going to make money selling weed - regardless of how stupid they are

Dont bet on it. The Nevada government once owned a brothel that they managed to make lose money.

taxslave
+2

There is a real problem with the roll out - no pun intended.
There are way too few places set up and running and those that are are sold out all the time.

All the regular suppliers are still in business and are still tax free.

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Some cities won't be allowing pot stores to operate within their borders. Whitby City Council just recently voted to prohibit weed shops. I think Ajax did the same.

On the flip side, I just knew the govt would get greedy with it. I sent the (then) Liberal govt of Ontario a detailed plan on how they could price weed and tax at it 5X the rate of tobacco and still bring in prices well below current street value and while generating positive revenue from the sales. Unfortunately they ignored the idea and decided to set up their cronies instead. Ford didn't listen either.

Here's the math. A gram of weed costs about the same amount to produce as a single king size cigarette. Using the price point for cigarettes before all the taxes, as mentioned above the govt could then tax pot at 5X the rate of tobacco which would put prices at $100/oz or less. Current street prices in my city range from $240-$320/oz. That's about the same prices that The OCS is charging for half decent shit. And that's assuming OCS has the stock to fill your order by the time they actually get around to filling it.

Wow street prices for pot out hear in lalaland have dropped to about a hundred an ounce .

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

$240-$320 an oz? Holy f-ck. It's $150 on the high end in Regina.

Want to make some cash?