Young people, rise up - for Brexit!


Blackleaf
+1
#1  Top Rated Post
19-year-old Steven Edginton says young people need to rise up for Brexit and join the March to Leave from Sunderland to London from 16th to 29th March...

Young people, rise up! We marched against the Iraq War and tuition fees – now we need to march FOR Brexit


Steven Edginton, 19, says that young people need to seize control of their future and calls on them to join an epic march from Sunderland to London to do so

Comment
By Steven Edginton, Leave Means Leave
7th March 2019
The Sun

I’ve always believed Brexit is the greatest opportunity young people will encounter in the 21st century - it's the first time in recent history that the people beat the elite and I'm planning on walking 270 miles to make sure it happens.

To be 19 and believe in Brexit is deemed wholly unfashionable - I have been called an ‘age traitor’, a ‘fat nosed c***’ and been trolled online, just for my political stance.


Steven says his views are seen as unfashionable by his peers

Yet what baffles me is why it seems so many other people my age are content with the unelected, unaccountable, stale, pale male EU bureaucrats making decisions for us, without our best interests at heart.

Being anti-establishment and embracing the revolutionary spirit which refuses to accept the rules laid down by our predecessors and wanting to promote a positive, new vision for the future is a core part of growing up.

We young people have a history of rebelling against the elite in power, whether that was marching against Tony Blair’s disastrous Iraq war or coming out in droves against David Cameron’s rise in tuition fees.

He says we should take a stand against EU bureaucrats

Young people should once again be shouting about the fact we could save the £10bn a year that we send to Brussels, which could be spent on young people’s priorities like housing and education.

Trying to get on the housing ladder is a gigantic issue for people my age. Wouldn't the money be better spent trying to tackle that woeful situation than being wrapped up in European bureaucracy?

For decades the European Union has taken away power from the people, whilst we pay them billions of pounds every year for the privilege.

But I, and millions of other young people, have had enough.

It’s time to rebel. It's the time for my generation to rise up against the establishment in Brussels and Westminster and call for a truly global Britain.

We want a nation which isn't restricted by the protectionist EU, where we can sign free trade deals with whoever we like and reduce tariffs on countries around the world.

It is a Britain where we are outwards-looking and ready to engage with developing economies and not bound by the EU commission making decisions for us.

I’m fighting back by taking part in the March to Leave, an epic journey to tell those in power we want to take back control.

He says young people have always exercised their right to demonstrate

From March 16 to 29, a great march from Sunderland to London will take place, featuring politicians, celebrities and ordinary people like you and me to show those in power we will not let them betray Brexit.

Last week Nigel Farage, Esther McVey, Richard Tice and John Longworth announced they would be launching the 270 mile march.

Other big figures are coming out in support too, such as Wetherspoons boss Tim Martin. We young people should be joining them.



Those on the march will be walking about 15 miles every day.

I've made sure I am going to the gym more often and bought a new pair of walking boots to make sure I'm ready.

Marching from Sunderland - the area which was first to declare the leave vote - to London will show politicians that we want to just leave. No second referendum, no delay - it’s time to trade on World Trade Organisation rules, which deals with global trade between 164 countries and each member sets their own tariffs on goods coming from abroad.

Nigel Farage is launching the March to Leave, which begins in Sunderland and ends in London

We'll be setting off from Sunderland with a bang and beginning in the North, where people overwhelmingly voted to leave, we expect to be cheered on as heroes.

However coming closer to London, where more voted to remain, our presence may be less welcome.

But on the final day, on the 29th of March, outside of Parliament, there will be a seismic rally of Brexiteers in the heart of remain territory to tell our leaders we must leave the EU and deliver on the Brexit result.

That last day will go down in history as either the day we finally left the EU or the day the elite betrayed Brexit, so I expect thousands of leave voters to be there.


Steven Edginton says more young people should be standing up to a dud Brexit deal

Britain has suffered almost three humiliating years of infighting, weak leadership and giving away constant concession to the EU.

This March to Leave is finally a chance to reinvigorate the Brexit debate by showing the establishment the 17.4 million demand we must leave, with or without a deal.

Leaving with No Deal is the best option for Britain and my generation.

A WTO Brexit offers amazing new opportunities for young people to travel to new places, have cheaper food and alcohol prices at home and save us taxpayers billions by not having to give away our money to the EU.

Join me, and many other young people, in telling the establishment we will not sit by while they betray Brexit.

Steven Edginton is Chief Digital Strategist at Leave Means Leave, the organisation behind March to Leave.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/857517...h-for-brexit/#
Last edited by Blackleaf; Mar 10th, 2019 at 07:03 AM..
 
darkbeaver
Republican
+1
#2
.Im partial to British peepull becuz I is one, despite my incorrectly stamped cellofane pakageing, Made in Canada,, that is bullshit I was made in an office in London by lizards hundreds of yourears ago. My entire familiy history is British Empire, lots of us still have missing parts blown off by war encased in the stuff that.n yer vegetables eat/ I don,t think we should save you AGAIN,,, YOU CAN.T AFFORD IT ANYWAy, us peeple in the western hemisphere think more clearly bwecause of the wide open spaces
 
MHz
#3
How do you manage to get all that sleeping powder into your posts??
History thread, South Africa, most dead per sq ft record still held which proves the Dutch (Bankers) and the Brits (Enforcer for 100 year time limit as they get 'uppity' when they have power longer than that are both 'bat-shit crazy'. 1815-1918 via the need for help in WWI. Financial defeat in 1815, financial defeat for America in 1913, tic-toc mutherfukers.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#4
And then the citizen of the USA who believe they are the only true Americans of course many of them cannot read maps and consequently do not know that there are two ginormous continents full of actual Americans unconnected to the USA excepting the military plundering and murder inflicted upon them these past hundred years at least by the thieving murdering plundering USA mobs of murdering thieving rapist known as USA citizens, the worlds largest collection of ignorant savages. I will live long enough to see them crushed and humiliated. Thank the Gods. I will live to see their cities burn and their citizens murder each others children. They will not be missed anymore than the filthy Zionist pricks who own them. Hell will welcome them with open arms. It,s very hard on this planet to find someone who,ll miss them. At least they,ve managed to eclipse the British Empires crimes ten fold.
 
Blackleaf
#5
Nigel Farage leads 270-mile Brexit protest march - but only some of the way

ITV News
16th March 2019


Nigel Farage is leading a group of Brexit supporters to Westminster. Credit: PA

There were chaotic scenes as Nigel Farage launched a 270-mile march from the north-east of England to Westminster, a walk the former UKIP leader admitted he will not fully complete.

The March to Leave set off from Sunderland on Saturday morning, and will make its way over to London over a 14-day period, arriving in the capital on March 29, where a mass rally will take place on Parliament Square.

Leading hundreds of people in the protest, Mr Farage said: "The will of the people is very clear.

"If you see what has been happening in Parliament this week, we may well not be leaving the EU.

"If politicians think they can walk all over us, then we're going to march back and tell them they can't. Simple as that."

The event, which has been arranged by the Leave Means Leave campaign, will proceed towards Hartlepool on Saturday, a trip of around 20 miles, before proceeding on to Middlesbrough on Sunday.

The walk aims to then stop off in towns including, Pontefract, Doncaster and Wellingborough before arriving London on what was supposed to be Brexit day, although the leave date now looks questionable.

The campaign's website says tickets to be "core marchers", who pay £50 to get fully-paid accommodation, breakfast and dinner for the duration of the 14-day event, have sold out.

Angry rows broke out as the march started, with several counter-protesters assembling in order to get their views across.

They were carrying love hearts bearing messages like "we love workers' rights" and "we love to have a say", but some marchers responded by calling them "EU money grabbers".

The counter-protesters were also told to respect the 2016 referendum result, with one man waving a fake blue passport in their direction.

As Mr Farage arrived, a flare was set off with the EU colours, with shouts of "exit Brexit" emanating form the counter-protesters.


A pro European Union demonstrator releases flares as the march kicks off. Credit: PA

In a social media post, Farage revealed he won't be completing the full 270-mile walk but will instead join campaigners for "some of it".

It is expected the march will be followed all the way by two advertising vans made by Led By Donkeys, a grass roots anti-Brexit campaign founded in January.

The group says the vehicles will ensure "marchers, onlookers and the rest of the nation are reminded of the contradictions, lies and hypocrisies that Nigel Farage has peddled throughout his campaign to ensure the United Kingdom leaves the European Union in the most disruptive and dangerous way possible".

Outlining the reasons for the peaceful protest, the march’s website states: "It is now clear the Westminster elite are preparing to betray the will of the people over Brexit.

"To counter this, Leave Means Leave are undertaking a peaceful protest to demonstrate the depth and breadth of popular discontent with the way Brexit has been handled."

It adds: "Failing to deliver a true Brexit will permanently damage the British people’s faith in democracy."

In announcing the march, Mr Farage said: "All of us who want Britain to be a great country once again accept that we must be prepared to stand up for what we believe in and fight for our independence."

"They're going to get kicked out, them people, and they're an absolute damned disgrace."

In contrast, one counter-protester told the Press Association "it's going to be a disaster if we leave."

Frank Hindle, 66, said: "We're here to point out that not everybody agrees with this crowd, who think it's going to be wonderful if we leave."

Discussing the no-deal Brexit that many of the marchers are calling for, he said: "The impact that will have on businesses and on prices, and on the availability of things like medicines and so forth, it doesn't bear thinking about."


Nigel Farage at a Leave Means Leave rally in central London. Credit: PA

Barry Lockey, who arrived in Sunderland carrying a flag with the message "Get Britain out: Time to leave the EU", said that the event is about supporting democracy.

He said: "The democracy in the Parliament building has been spot on. They've got their no-deal taken off the table by four votes."

Mr Lockey pointed out that this margin was much smaller than the 4% margin of victory during the EU referendum, which he said is now being discredited.

He added: "I'm sorry, but that really riles me. And they're not going to get away with it.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-03-16/...s-leave-march/
Last edited by Blackleaf; Mar 16th, 2019 at 07:03 AM..
 
Blackleaf
#6
There are also reports that truck drivers are planning national protests should Brexit be delayed.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#7
Quote:

In a social media post, Farage revealed he won't be completing the full 270-mile walk but will instead join campaigners for "some of it".

Pretty much what he did with Brexit. Run his mouth, leave the heavy lifting to others.
 
Blackleaf
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Pretty much what he did with Brexit. Run his mouth, leave the heavy lifting to others.

Maybe you should have checked your recent British history before commenting.

In the run-up to the referendum there were several Leave groups, each tussling with each other to be chosen by the Electoral Commission to lead the Leave campaign.

Two of those groups were Vote Leave - headed by Boris Johnson and Michael Gove - and Grassroots Out, which contained a mix of Labour, Tory, DUP and UKIP MPs and MEPs, of which Farage was a part.

The Electoral Commission chose Vote Leave to lead the Leave campaign, hence why Farage was not a part of it.
 
Blackleaf
#9




Anti-Brexit losers shouted 'exit Brexit' as they got in amongst the crowds

A Vote Leave supporter holds up a new non-EU blue UK passport towards EU supporters

The first leg of the march is a 20-mile walk towards Hartlepool



Farage climbed on top a of Brexit bus to speak to supporters


Kate Hoey MP, right, and Andrea Jenkyns MP join the March to Leave demonstration
 
White_Unifier
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Pretty much what he did with Brexit. Run his mouth, leave the heavy lifting to others.

He's still not suggested any post-Brexit plan.
 
White_Unifier
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Maybe you should have checked your recent British history before commenting.
In the run-up to the referendum there were several Leave groups, each tussling with each other to be chosen by the Electoral Commission to lead the Leave campaign.
Two of those groups were Vote Leave - headed by Boris Johnson and Michael Gove - and Grassroots Out, which contained a mix of Labour, Tory, DUP and UKIP MPs and MEPs, of which Farage was a part.
The Electoral Commission chose Vote Leave to lead the Leave campaign, hence why Farage was not a part of it.

Sime Leavers have sime clue. Economists for Brexit have proposed unilateral global free trade, though even they axknowledge short-tomedium-term pain during the transition period.

Some have proposed the present WTO rules. Some have proposed a Canadian, Fibnish, or Swiss-style agreement. I think those latter ideas are poor ones, but at least their supporters have put something forward.

Not so Farage. He just wants to leave, let the MPs figure out the details, and then criticizes them for not presenting a clear plan.

I'll tell you what, Farage. How about you present a plan. All we know about Farage so far is he wants ti leave and control immigration. He still has not proposed the faintest economic plan.

He's like Trudeau when he said budgets valance themselves. a Brexit plan doesn't just fall from the sky one day. Someone actually has to present one.
 
Blackleaf
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

He's still not suggested any post-Brexit plan.

Mr Farage's plan is for Britain to fully regain its sovereignty from an undemocratic, corrupt, economically sclerotic, wealth-destroying, economy-strangling empire and join the 87% of the world's nations that have the great benefit of not being part of it.
 
White_Unifier
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Mr Farage's plan is for Britain to fully regain its sovereignty from an undemocratic, corrupt, economically sclerotic, wealth-destroying, economy-strangling empire and join the 87% of the world's nations that have the great benefit of not being part of it.

Okay. And then? Free trade? Isolationism? Negotiate some kind of Cabada-style deal? Even he doesn't kbow what he wants past Brexit. Sovereignty fir sovereignty's sake doesn't pay the bills. Just ask North Koreans.
 
Blackleaf
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Okay. And then? Free trade? Isolationism? Negotiate some kind of Cabada-style deal? Even he doesn't kbow what he wants past Brexit. Sovereignty fir sovereignty's sake doesn't pay the bills. Just ask North Koreans.

Are you against Canada gaining its independence, too, or is it just British independence that somehow riles you?
 
White_Unifier
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Are you against Canada gaining its independence, too, or is it just British independence that somehow riles you?

I'd rather a moderate exchange of sovereignty for free trade and prosperity as is the case with Singapore than total, absolute sivereignty with no free trade as is the case in North Korea. Farage seems the want the latter.
 
Blackleaf
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

I'd rather a moderate exchange of sovereignty for free trade and prosperity as is the case with Singapore than total, absolute sivereignty with no free trade as is the case in North Korea. Farage seems the want the latter.

Farage doesn't want free trade?
 
Tecumsehsbones
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Mr Farage's plan is for Britain to fully regain its sovereignty from an undemocratic, corrupt, economically sclerotic, wealth-destroying, economy-strangling empire and join the 87% of the world's nations that have the great benefit of not being part of it.

That's not a plan, that's a slogan. That you don't understand the difference is pretty much why you're a Brexiteer.

Coronation Street is a television programme.

I'm still hoping the EU forces the hard Brexit on 29 Mar.
 
White_Unifier
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

That's not a plan, that's a slogan. That you don't understand the difference is pretty much why you're a Brexiteer.
Coronation Street is a television programme.
I'm still hoping the EU forces the hard Brexit on 29 Mar.

smart people would want to develop a post-Brexit plan before even contemplating Brexit. but alas, the good news if the EU forces the UK to leave without a deal is that it will finally force the Uk to actually start to develop a plan. Better late than never.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

smart people would want to develop a post-Brexit plan before even contemplating Brexit. but alas, the good news if the EU forces the UK to leave without a deal is that it will finally force the Uk to actually start to develop a plan. Better late than never.

Smart people don't want Brexit at all, unless like me, they wish Britain all the ill that can befall it.
 
White_Unifier
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Smart people don't want Brexit at all, unless like me, they wish Britain all the ill that can befall it.


I'll be fair to Brexiteers here:

https://www.economistsforfreetrade.com/

However, more objective economists, while acknowledging that unilateral global free trade might (again, might) benefit the UK more than remaining in the UK in the long run, that still raises the question of whether it's worth tanking the UK economy in the short-to-medium-term for what might (again, might) bring a little bit more benefit to the UK economy in the long run than remaining in the EU. To tank an economy in the short-to-medium term, we'd generally expect a major return on investment in the long term. Even economists for Brexit acknowledge that that wouldn't be the case, that it might just break even, maybe bring a little more benefit, maybe a little less, but certainly not the overwhelming benefit that would warrant such short-to-medium-term chaos.

That said, if the the Brexiteers are determined to bring about Brexit, then at least have a plan in place to make the best of it. They don't even have that.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

I'll be fair to Brexiteers here:
https://www.economistsforfreetrade.com/
However, more objective economists, while acknowledging that unilateral global free trade might (again, might) benefit the UK more than remaining in the UK in the long run, that still raises the question of whether it's worth tanking the UK economy in the short-to-medium-term for what might (again, might) bring a little bit more benefit to the UK economy in the long run than remaining in the EU. To tank an economy in the short-to-medium term, we'd generally expect a major return on investment in the long term. Even economists for Brexit acknowledge that that wouldn't be the case, that it might just break even, maybe bring a little more benefit, maybe a little less, but certainly not the overwhelming benefit that would warrant such short-to-medium-term chaos.
That said, if the the Brexiteers are determined to bring about Brexit, then at least have a plan in place to make the best of it. They don't even have that.

Yeah, like the lager louts of Brexit are concerned about, or even capable of comprehending, the medium- and long-term economic arguments for and against Brexit.
 
White_Unifier
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Yeah, like the lager louts of Brexit are concerned about, or even capable of comprehending, the medium- and long-term economic arguments for and against Brexit.

That's another problem. Even if a few economists see the potential for a no-deal Brexit and unilateral global free trade to benefit the UK somewhat more than remaining in the EU at least over the long term, I imagine that that's based on a presumption that the people continue to elect MPs with an inkling of a knowledge of economics.

If someone breaks his leg, it makes sense in principle for a physician to treat him; but if all we have are fools, then it might be best to just let the bone heal crookedly so as to not cause more damage than has already been done. If the people are going to vote fools to Parliament, then Remain is undoubtedly the wisest practical move regardless of what some theoretical economic models might suggest, especially when their own models propose only a moderately superior long-term benefit at most. In a technocracy, it might make sense to at least consider what those economists have to say. In the UK democracy, it makes more sense to look at the practical reality of voters' voting habits, and that brings us to Brexit as the safest option, unilateral global free trade only as a plan B if bush comes to shove.

Consider too that if most Brexiteers are voting with their hearts rather than with their brains, then can we trust that after Brexit, they'll vote in accordance to economic theory or will they start electing protectionists to Parliament as a gut reaction to the economic problems while ignoring that that will only aggravate the problem?

There's economic theory, and then there's the reality of how people vote.
 
Blackleaf
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I'm still hoping the EU forces the hard Brexit on 29 Mar.

Me too.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Me too.

Hey, Blackshirt, what's the deal with prosecuting Soldier F from Bloody Sunday? Who did he piss off? Who are they trying to appease or scare?
 
Blackleaf
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Hey, Blackshirt, what's the deal with prosecuting Soldier F from Bloody Sunday? Who did he piss off? Who are they trying to appease or scare?

They shouldn't be prosecuting him.

I'm glad to see a number of Paras are handing their medals back to the Queen in protest.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

They shouldn't be prosecuting him.
I'm glad to see a number of Paras are handing their medals back to the Queen in protest.

I agree. They shouldn't.

But what I was hoping for was some sort of (preferably cogent) explanation or analysis.

Needless to say, I'm in the wrong shop.
 
Blackleaf
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I agree. They shouldn't.


But what I was hoping for was some sort of (preferably cogent) explanation or analysis.


Needless to say, I'm in the wrong shop.



You could always read the BBC news or Sky News website if you want on the whole debacle, written by people who are a tad more knowledgeable about it than I am.


As far as I know, they want to put on trial an elderly former Para for the 1972 Bloody Sunday shootings even though, thanks to the 1998 Good Friday Agreement, loads of IRA terrorists have been let off the hook.


But as we all know with Brexit, the people who run Britain today are immensely anti-British and are working tirelessly to harm and humiliate the country.
Last edited by Blackleaf; Mar 17th, 2019 at 08:53 AM..
 
MHz
#28
Hey you dumb fukker, I asked you a question in the History thread, go answer it like the good little bitch you are.

Were the 1,000 soldiers black and set up for a massacre (looks good in the history books but it just shows that Jews have no qualm about killing innocents in large numbers) by the Jews and (their slaves since 1815) the Brits
 
Blackleaf
#29
The Shadow Attorney General, Chamois Leather Chakrabarti, was on The Andrew Marr Show this morning and Marr asked her if it was right to prosecute the Para.

She said that it was right and that "the rule of law must prevail" and that if he didn't go on trial "it would set a dangerous precedent."

Yet it's okay, apparently, to let IRA murderers off the hook and not put any of them on trial.
 
Blackleaf
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Hey you dumb fukker, I asked you a question in the History thread, go answer it like the good little bitch you are.
Were the 1,000 soldiers black and set up for a massacre (looks good in the history books but it just shows that Jews have no qualm about killing innocents in large numbers) by the Jews and (their slaves since 1815) the Brits

You're obsessed with Jews. Maybe you should join the Labour Party.