Forced Patriotism

Cliffy
11-Year-Old Arrested At School After Refusing To Stand For The Pledge

The Florida sixth-grader's teacher reportedly told him he could "go to another place to live."

An 11-year-old boy was arrested following a confrontation at school over his refusal to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance, which he reportedly called racist against black people.
The Florida boy was charged with disrupting a school function and resisting arrest without violence on Feb. 4 after allegedly threatening his substitute teacher at Lawton Chiles Middle Academy in Lakeland following an argument, Patch reported.
“The student became disruptive and the teacher contacted school administrators for assistance,” Kyle Kennedy, a spokesman for Polk County Public Schools, told the news outlet. “The school’s resource deputy also became involved.”

More: https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b05c889d2021a2

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Jinentonix
+5
#2  Top Rated Post
Sooo the headline is actually, '11 Year old arrested after threatening his teacher'. Nice of the HuffPo to engage in fake headlines though.

Hoof Hearted
+5
The teacher also said, "I believe schools should be a place where kids can concentrate, but also be like a Summer camp."

Huffington Post Headline:

Teacher believes schools should be like Concentration Camps!

Twin_Moose
+3
Me thinks there is more to the story

MHz
You take this to be the only school story that follows this type of insanity?? I wonder how much the 'help' weighed??

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Of course there is. cliffy only posts fake news.

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

He's going to "take the knee" instead of handing in his homework.

Cliffy

petros
+2
Hell is the easy way out isn't it Cliffy?

spaminator
oh say can you stand?

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Hell is the easy way out isn't it Cliffy?

It's probably full of experts.

MHz
Ones that thought they were the experts. That means you btw.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Ones that thought they were the experts. That means you btw.

Oh, I don't consider myself to be an expert on anything discussed on here but I am an expert in a specialized product field that would never come up on here. It's hard to work until 62 years old and not be an expert at something.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Oh, I don't consider myself to be an expert on anything discussed on here.

Why not, is your brain 'full' or you just don't give a shit? Sounds more like typing a few words and doing some reading is 'more effort than you have to spend' to have an 'informed opinion' when you can just throw out an uninformed view and that takes care of the moment, . . . for the moment.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Why not, is your brain 'full' or you just don't give a shit? Sounds more like typing a few words and doing some reading is 'more effort than you have to spend' to have an 'informed opinion' when you can just throw out an uninformed view and that takes care of the moment, . . . for the moment.

Well, I'm not one of those wackos who believes in every conspiracy theory that floats by in the sewage lagoon, if that's what you mean.