Michael Moore couldn’t be more wrong about Brexit

Hoid
The British have never been racist?

What an odd thing to say.

EagleSmack
+2
Libs calling others racist has always been amusing.

coldstream
Michael Moore's most recent film.. an anti-Trump screed called Farenheit 11/9 is wallowing at the box office. The Director's previous films have garnered of $100 million in box office receipts but F9/11 has only raked in about $6 million over 3 weeks of release. It seems not many of anybody really cares much about what he has to say these days.

EagleSmack
He's a white liberal 1%er.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Libs calling others racist has always been amusing.

And your posts are always amusing. Highly inaccurate, but amusing.

Blackleaf
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Nothing if you can promote it without resorting to the sort of racism that many Brits seem to have adopted.

Says who?

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Says who?

Actually I understated that a bit. Brits don't have to adopt racist attitudes; many of them have always been racist.

Blackleaf
So no proper answer then. To be expected from someone who has just been reading a load of fake news guff from left wing publications like the Graun.

Hoid
+1 / -1
it has become apparent that Brexit is the brit expression of right wing populism.

hopelessly flawed and tragically stupid.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

it has become apparent that Brexit is the brit expression of right wing populism.

Yes we know you would turn over governance of Canada to the U.S. or the UN .

Hoid
yes the things you know could fill a teaspoon.

Blackleaf
+1

You're making the false Remainer accusation that Brexit is "right-wing". It isn't. The 17,410,742 people who voted for it cover the political spectrum and are supporters of various political parties left, right and centre.

It is thought that 95% of Ukip supporters and 61% of Tory supporters voted Leave, but also so did 36% of SNP supporters, 35% of Labour supporters, 32% of Liberal Democrats supporters and even 20% of Green supporters - all left-wing parties.

Hoid
The 17,410,742 people who voted for it cover the political spectrum and are supporters of various political parties left, right and centre.

And yet the who voted against it are "remainers" who are one dimensional targets for your derision.

pgs
Free Thinker

yes the things you know could fill a teaspoon.

Of course you would .

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1

So no proper answer then. To be expected from someone who has just been reading a load of fake news guff from left wing publications like the Graun.

Read your British history. The Brits like most colonial powers were extremely racist and it takes a long time for that sort of attitude to work its way out of a society, if ever.

Hoid
when I think of skinheads I think of england.

Serryah
Free Thinker

There's a lot of hate in English society, just as there's a lot of decent people. Thankfully I know decent people who help to offset Blackie's insanity.

pgs
Free Thinker

Read your British history. The Brits like most colonial powers were extremely racist and it takes a long time for that sort of attitude to work its way out of a society, if ever.

Yet it was the British that ended the slave traffic to N.A. , go figure .

Danbones
Free Thinker

But never their foes, the Russian or German ones, eh?

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Yeh - bloody liberals. Mind you they then took over most of Africa and large parts of Asia.

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Except Portugal/France/Denmark all did it before England did.

Mowich
Conservative
+1

Yes, it certainly looks as if Brexit is delivering on everything it promised.
Huge crowd turns out in London to demand a 'people's vote' on Brexit

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...vious-protests

You do realize that holding another vote would be setting a very dangerous precedent. I doubt anyone with knowledge of the situation thought the break-up would be either easy or pretty. That said, it is necessary and in the very best interests of British sovereignty.

Mowich
Conservative

That's interesting Hoidie.............when I hear the word 'skinhead' of immediately think of Neo-Nazis. And that bunch, Hoidie.........they are ubiquitous.

Blackleaf
+1

The 17,410,742 people who voted for it cover the political spectrum and are supporters of various political parties left, right and centre.

And yet the who voted against it are "remainers" who are one dimensional targets for your derision.

The Remainers have spent the last 18 months attacking 17,410,742 ordinary, decent citizens as "bigots", "racists" and "uneducated", that they "didn't know what they were voting for" and that there should be a second referendum just because the first one didn't go their way.

They deserve a lot of derision in response.

Blackleaf

Except Portugal/France/Denmark all did it before England did.

Franced reinstated it under Napoleon.

Blackleaf
Why should we listen to Mike Leigh rant about Brexit?

Rod Liddle

Mike Leigh

Rod Liddle
31 October 2018
The Spectator

Another well-heeled luvvee who knows better than the working class people he patronises in his dreadful films. Mike Leigh, then, in an interview from the Nonexistant, I mean Independent :

Cut to Brexit,” he continues. “Some boneheads might say; ‘Hang on a minute, we’ve got the vote now and 52 per cent [voted to leave the EU]…’. But what role did the truth play in people’s decision to vote Brexit? And to what extent has real truthfulness motivated what’s gone on since, politically? I go to Cornwall quite a lot, and there were huge signs saying ‘vote leave’, and I talked to intelligent, working people [who were] saying: ‘No, we’ve got to get out of Europe.’ And then you get out of the train at Liskeard and there’s a thing on the wall saying: ‘The European Union funded the restoration of this.’ The farmers down there get massive handouts from the EU. So that’s what we’re talking about when we talk about truth.”

Yeah, I bet you go to Cornwall a lot. Nice cottage. Dinner every night at Rick Stein’s. Absolute idiot. Anyone remember how good was Abigail’s Party and Nuts In May? Wonderful little films. All the humour now expunged from the man – the only thing which made him worthwhile. He now knows better than everybody else and is far too grand to make an entertainment which is actually funny. Go on, Mikey. Next time get off the train at Liskeard and swim. Swim for the Scilly Isles, or Nantucket.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/1...-about-brexit/

Dixie Cup
Conservative

The Remainers have spent the last 18 months attacking 17,410,742 ordinary, decent citizens as "bigots", "racists" and "uneducated", that they "didn't know what they were voting for" and that there should be a second referendum just because the first one didn't go their way.

They deserve a lot of derision in response.

Absolutely! The fear mongering is insane. After all, what was the UK before the EU?? Was it falling apart then?

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

Absolutely! The fear mongering is insane. After all, what was the UK before the EU?? Was it falling apart then?

We were more democratic and our pop music was much better than it's been since 1993 when the Common Market became the EU.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation

You said you should never listen to Moore.
But he was correct about trump

Even a moron can get one right once in a while. Even you got one right in here, once.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+2

Okay so wait. The British people were dragged into the EEC against their will by PM Heath. Heath promised a referendum on joining the EEC but got wind that those against the idea outnumbered those for by 2:1. Referendum cancelled and Heath dragged Britain into the EEC.

The people of oh so wonderfully f*cking progressive Norway OTOH voted against joining the union.

This begs two questions. If the Brits had actually been given a say in the first place and voted no to joining, would they still be "racists" for not joining? And does that mean that the Norwegians are racist for not joining at all?

Here's another question for you. Would you be satisfied with some dingus in Chihuahua you never even got to vote for or against, making rules and laws for Canadians in Canada? Or maybe you'd prefer some American telling us how many immigrants and refugees we have to take in every year. Or how about some foreigner telling you you can't fish in our own territorial waters while Mexican trawlers are fishing them?

Brexit has f*ck all to do with right-wing populism. It is a rejection of anti-democracy and fascism. But of course anything that doesn't align with the ALT-left's sub-standard idea of morality is regarded as "racist" or "right-wing extremism".

Yep, a handful of Brits don't like Poles so naturally all Brexiteers are racists. I guess that means that all muslims are terrorists, right?