Transmountain pipeline protest

JLM
Is the hysteria regarding the purchase of the pipeline based mainly on facts or is it more drama based?

pgs
+4
Drama .

Mowich
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Is the hysteria regarding the purchase of the pipeline based mainly on facts or is it more drama based?

I tend to look at these protests with a very jaundiced eye JLM, knowing that, lurking among the true believers, are paid agitators - some funded by our own government. They are highly organized and extremely adept at inciting the masses. The protests are wonderful media fodder. What the media fails to cover or at least give equal time too, are the millions of Canadians like you and I who support twinning the line. We're not out there making noise about it so we don't rate when it comes to news stories. What you see on TV does not mirror the truth, it distorts it. The truth being that the majority of Canadians support twinning the line. It helps to remember that when every single news channel is hell-bent on showing as much coverage of the protests as possible at each and every opportunity.

I didn't watch a single news story on TV today. I read all the news I wanted to know about online.

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

I tend to look at these protests with a very jaundiced eye JLM, knowing that, lurking among the true believers, are paid agitators - some funded by our own government. They are highly organized and extremely adept at inciting the masses. The protests are wonderful media fodder. What the media fails to cover or at least give equal time too, are the millions of Canadians like you and I who support twinning the line. We're not out there making noise about it so we don't rate when it comes to news stories. What you see on TV does not mirror the truth, it distorts it. The truth being that the majority of Canadians support twinning the line. It helps to remember that when every single news channel is hell-bent on showing as much coverage of the protests as possible at each and every opportunity.

I didn't watch a single news story on TV today. I read all the news I wanted to know about online.

An angle I hadn't given much thought to. I did see some of it on T.V. news and I recognized there were lots of sites but I got the impression that the actual numbers on the individual sites weren't that huge. (I could be wrong)

Cliffy
When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the water has been polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then you will discover you cannot drink OIL.
Autumn Peltier w/ Ireva Photography

pgs
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the water has been polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then you will discover you cannot drink OIL.

How profound .

DaSleeper
+3
That's what happens when you believe the misquoted bullshit on Fakebook

Here is the real quote......

When the last tree has been cut down, the last fish caught, the last river poisoned, only then will we realize that one cannot eat money.

More : https://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/10/20/last-tree-cut/

captain morgan
+2

Coming soon to a Tesla near you

JLM
+2

That's getting a little stupid, Cliffy, what with all the task forces and organizations on the planet working diligently to see that, that doesn't happen. Of course there's risks (manageable risks) involved in trying to improve our way of life, but acting like f**king lunatics (like one middle aged woman on Global news last night, screaming like a banshee) isn't going to solve anything.

Cliffy

pgs
+2

What is your excuse ?

JLM

True! Maybe even end it.

Hoof Hearted
+5
#13  Top Rated Post
People who attend protests tend to not have jobs. They have the luxury and time to be loud-mouthed idiots on a Friday afternoon while the rest of us are working to support them.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

People who attend protests tend to not have jobs. They have the luxury and time to be loud-mouthed idiots on a Friday afternoon while the rest of us are working to support them.

Bull shit! Many of those people are professionals, retired teachers, doctors, nurses, etc. They have paid for their retirement and now have time to do what is right by the world. If destroying the environment is what you do for a living, perhaps it is time for a carrer change.

captain morgan
+3
BC's hydro projects are the most destructive and environmentally damaging ways to generate electricity.

You should be ashamed cliffy

Mowich
+2

Bull shit! Many of those people are professionals, retired teachers, doctors, nurses, etc. They have paid for their retirement and now have time to do what is right by the world. If destroying the environment is what you do for a living, perhaps it is time for a carrer change.

And they are being well used by professional agitators aided and abetted by government funding. They are pawns in the game, Cliffy - best you realize that.

Hoof Hearted
+5
You're wrong, Cliffy...

Most of the protesters are smelly 20 year old somethings who are unemployable...not retired professionals.

It dovetails with the old line -

"If you don't vote Liberal when you are young, you have no heart. If you don't vote Conservative when you are older, you have no brain."

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

BC's hydro projects are the most destructive and environmentally damaging ways to generate electricity.

You should be ashamed cliffy

You got that right, how many huge lakes do we have in B.C. now where there used to be arable land and animal habitat? Put a value on it at today's real estate prices!

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

You're wrong, Cliffy...

Most of the protesters are smelly 20 year old somethings who are unemployable...not retired professionals.

It dovetails with the old line -

"If you don't vote Liberal when you are young, you have no heart. If you don't vote Conservative when you are older, you have no brain."

A lot of women with unmarketable skills and big mouths! (I didn't say they are all that way)

Hoof Hearted
+2
Politically astute women are too high maintenance in the bedroom. Apolitical chicks are the best in the sack.

Cliffy

And they are being well used by professional agitators aided and abetted by government funding. They are pawns in the game, Cliffy - best you realize that.

Everybody, pro or con, are playing a game and are all pawns being played by one side or the other. I suppose you think your position is all your own. It isn't. "The media is the message." The media, the government, the corporations are play everybody against each other to get what they want. It is all bull shit.

My concern for the environment was born of living in the forest for most of my life, my first hand observations and experiences with wild life, flora and fauna. I don't read newspapers,magazines, listen to radio or watch TV. My opinions are based on observable facts, in the field and from working in government and the corporate world and you cannot believe a single word they say. They are heartless and soulless entities that are hell bent on destroying this planet for profit.

JLM
+1

Make up your mind Cliffy. This is the first time I've heard you admit that doctors know anything!

Cliffy

gerryh
+4
Hmmmm, and here I thought all the First Nations were against the pipeline.

First Nations press for chance to buy stake in Trans Mountain pipeline

Varcoe: First Nations press for chance to buy stake in Trans Mountain | Calgary Herald

taxslave

Check out Rally 4Resources on Facebook. The good guys are slowly learning how to use social media.

Neither will you have a welfare chque.

Of course, they are rich but no younger person should even think of attaining their standard of living. I notice that all those you mention live high off the hog their entire life courtesy of the taxpayer. Never see a retired logger or longshoreman protesting jobs.

Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Hmmmm, and here I thought all the First Nations were against the pipeline.

First Nations press for chance to buy stake in Trans Mountain pipeline

Varcoe: First Nations press for chance to buy stake in Trans Mountain | Calgary Herald

The only ones against it are not on the route.

Mowich
+3

Everybody, pro or con, are playing a game and are all pawns being played by one side or the other.

To a certain extent, I agree with you, Cliffy. That is until it comes to those who willingly - nay, gleefully chose to be the pawns of financially supported professional agitators whose only stake in the game is to fulfill their contract by disruption, confusion, aggression and violence. Too bad you don't read newspapers, Cliffy. There have been some excellent articles on the Dakota Sioux and their attitudes towards hired thugs and outsiders in the aftermath of the protests.

Quote:

I suppose you think your position is all your own. It isn't.

My position is based on facts, not conjecture - unlike all those who oppose the twinning.

Quote:

My concern for the environment was born of living in the forest for most of my life, my first hand observations and experiences with wild life, flora and fauna. I don't read newspapers,magazines, listen to radio or watch TV. My opinions are based on observable facts, in the field and from working in government and the corporate world and you cannot believe a single word they say. They are heartless and soulless entities that are hell bent on destroying this planet for profit.

Your concern for the environment is laudable. Your constant generalizations and painting of all companies/corporations with the same brush is not.

The planet is not in danger of anything man might do to it

[QUOTE]
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Check out Rally 4Resources on Facebook. The good guys are slowly learning how to use social media.

No can do, ts.......not an FBer though I am heartened to hear the good guys are finally stepping up and getting the word out.

Cliffy

Mowich
+1

petros
+2
Hey Cliff, you should go to the city and check out the wildlife that is thriving.

Cougars, coyotes, foxes, deer, moose, bears racoons, birds galore, tree rats, and flora.

They are not in cities because of growth of cities "into their territory" but because the urban ecosystems are sustainable.

taxslave
+2
Today's CHEK news poll for TM 86% for 14% no. Looks like holiday and his socks puppet are about the only BC residents opposed.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

. . . . and check out the wildlife that is thriving.

Cougars, coyotes, foxes, deer, moose, bears racoons, birds galore, tree rats, .

When people are taking them in as pets is when they will be 'thriving'.