GE sets new 52 week low

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Oye vey.

Best of luck with that.

M't:23:38:
Behold,
your house is left unto you desolate.

Do you want the RIP now or save it as a surprise?

Eze:39:22-24:
So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.
And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity:
because they trespassed against me,
therefore hid I my face from them,
and gave them into the hand of their enemies:
so fell they all by the sword.
According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them,
and hid my face from them.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Best of luck with that.
M't:23:38:
Behold,
your house is left unto you desolate.
Do you want the RIP now or save it as a surprise?
Eze:39:22-24:
So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.
And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity:
because they trespassed against me,
therefore hid I my face from them,
and gave them into the hand of their enemies:
so fell they all by the sword.
According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them,
and hid my face from them.

All that because of GE bumfodder stocks!

MHz
Been that way since the day He said it, can't you tell?

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

GE hits $6.75 and closes under $7 at $6.93

on 19 Dec the one cent dividend gets paid and that Thursday and Friday might be a good time to buy some of this ish as a trade.

Buying here made sense.//

Buying at $18 was pure folly.

taxslave
+1

Buying here made sense.//
Buying at $18 was pure folly.

That depends somewhat on your tax situation. You might learn about this when you finish school and actually find a real job.

Hoid
I am trying to imagine the tax situation that would make it beneficial to have a stock lose so much of its value.

To sell as a tax loss?

An American stock in American money?

Then again my math skills are somewhat lacking because I don't even see how you could DCA a stock that has gone from $30 to $6

Would love to see that math on that.
That would be stupid.

Curious Cdn
Our kettle just went tits up but those great, old fashioned stainless steel GE hemispheres of a half century are no longer available. Today's come from China and last a half decade IF THE GODS SMILE UPON YOU.

taxslave
+1

I am trying to imagine the tax situation that would make it beneficial to have a stock lose so much of its value.
To sell as a tax loss?
An American stock in American money?
Then again my math skills are somewhat lacking because I don't even see how you could DCA a stock that has gone from $30 to $6
Would love to see that math on that.
That would be stupid.

I don't fully understand the math either but I know a tax accountant that does. Or at least Im guessing he does because he is not in jail yet. ABout all I know for sure about it is that the loss can be written off against other income.

taxslave

Our kettle just went tits up but those great, old fashioned stainless steel GE hemispheres of a half century are no longer available. Today's come from China and last a half decade IF THE GODS SMILE UPON YOU.

The made in China ones have a lump of aluminum bonded to the stainless bottom. When it seperates they no longer heat but are cheaper to heat. Welcome to walmart.

Hoid
Ask your guy how many shares you have to buy at 6 dollars to average down the ones you bought at $18 or higher.

His answer will surprise Walter

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

The made in China ones have a lump of aluminum bonded to the stainless bottom. When it seperates they no longer heat but are cheaper to heat. Welcome to walmart.

Yeah but a new one every three years ...

taxslave

Yeah but a new one every three years ...

Less than that if you boil them dry. It seperates the metals real quick.

Hoid
GE shares tank more than 13% after Madoff whistleblower calls it a ‘bigger fraud than Enron’

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/15/ge-s...ccounting.html

well what do you know

taxslave
+2
Doesn't matter how much money the company has. Only how much they are paying in dividends.Manipulating the price downwards can make a significant gain for hedge funds.

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Doesn't matter how much money the company has. Only how much they are paying in dividends.Manipulating the price downwards can make a significant gain for hedge funds.

I believe the GE divvie is one cent

petros
+2
Paying better than Tesla.

captain morgan
+1
Shouldn't be too much longer before someone buys up that turd of a company for pennies on the dollar and sh*t-cans the auto portion and keeps all the tech for alternate means.

That will totally suck for the auto owners as their car will be a worthless husk with having no replacement parts - assuming of course that the EV doesn't spontaneously explode before that

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Shouldn't be too much longer before someone buys up that turd of a company for pennies on the dollar and sh*t-cans the auto portion and keeps all the tech for alternate means.
That will totally suck for the auto owners as their car will be a worthless husk with having no replacement parts - assuming of course that the EV doesn't spontaneously explode before that

Electric AMC Pacers

captain morgan
+1
Might as well revive the Gremlin while we're at it

MHz

Might as well revive the Gremlin while we're at it

Not the best name choice for 'the people's car'. Personally I think we need 'a people tractor' more

Curious Cdn

Not the best name choice for 'the people's car'. Personally I think we need 'a people tractor' more

"Volks

Wagen"

"People's Car"

Hoid
GE struggling to stay over $8 today as Trump tanks the market once again.

Not sure how they can keep this dog at this level.

it is clearly a $5 stock at best

Curious Cdn

GE struggling to stay over $8 today as Trump tanks the market once again.
Not sure how they can keep this dog at this level.
it is clearly a $5 stock at best

I wonder how much "GE" comes from China?

captain morgan
+1
Tesla is goin down in a big, big way

pgs

Tesla is goin down in a big, big way

No you are confusing them for GE .

captain morgan
Possibly GE as well, but Tesla, having been in business 15+ years and never realizing a profit in addition to massive debt and the market losing all confidence in them makes them the perfect target for a takeover... That does not bode well for the shareholders in any way

Curious Cdn

Possibly GE as well, but Tesla, having been in business 15+ years and never realizing a profit in addition to massive debt and the market losing all confidence in them makes them the perfect target for a takeover... That does not bode well for the shareholders in any way

General Motors, as well ...

MHz

"Volks

Wagen"

"People's Car"

Should I draw you a picture of a 'tractor'

Curious Cdn

Should I draw you a picture of a 'tractor'

That's a tractor?

Where's the sound system?

petros

That's a tractor?
Where's the sound system?

Right next to the blue ray atop the fridge.