GE sets new 52 week low

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Oye vey.

Best of luck with that.

M't:23:38:
Behold,
your house is left unto you desolate.

Do you want the RIP now or save it as a surprise?

Eze:39:22-24:
So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.
And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity:
because they trespassed against me,
therefore hid I my face from them,
and gave them into the hand of their enemies:
so fell they all by the sword.
According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them,
and hid my face from them.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Best of luck with that.
M't:23:38:
Behold,
your house is left unto you desolate.
Do you want the RIP now or save it as a surprise?
Eze:39:22-24:
So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.
And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity:
because they trespassed against me,
therefore hid I my face from them,
and gave them into the hand of their enemies:
so fell they all by the sword.
According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them,
and hid my face from them.

All that because of GE bumfodder stocks!

MHz
Been that way since the day He said it, can't you tell?

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

GE hits $6.75 and closes under $7 at $6.93

on 19 Dec the one cent dividend gets paid and that Thursday and Friday might be a good time to buy some of this ish as a trade.

Buying here made sense.//

Buying at $18 was pure folly.

taxslave
+1

Buying here made sense.//
Buying at $18 was pure folly.

That depends somewhat on your tax situation. You might learn about this when you finish school and actually find a real job.

Hoid
I am trying to imagine the tax situation that would make it beneficial to have a stock lose so much of its value.

To sell as a tax loss?

An American stock in American money?

Then again my math skills are somewhat lacking because I don't even see how you could DCA a stock that has gone from $30 to $6

Would love to see that math on that.
That would be stupid.

Curious Cdn
Our kettle just went tits up but those great, old fashioned stainless steel GE hemispheres of a half century are no longer available. Today's come from China and last a half decade IF THE GODS SMILE UPON YOU.

taxslave
+1

I am trying to imagine the tax situation that would make it beneficial to have a stock lose so much of its value.
To sell as a tax loss?
An American stock in American money?
Then again my math skills are somewhat lacking because I don't even see how you could DCA a stock that has gone from $30 to $6
Would love to see that math on that.
That would be stupid.

I don't fully understand the math either but I know a tax accountant that does. Or at least Im guessing he does because he is not in jail yet. ABout all I know for sure about it is that the loss can be written off against other income.

taxslave

Our kettle just went tits up but those great, old fashioned stainless steel GE hemispheres of a half century are no longer available. Today's come from China and last a half decade IF THE GODS SMILE UPON YOU.

The made in China ones have a lump of aluminum bonded to the stainless bottom. When it seperates they no longer heat but are cheaper to heat. Welcome to walmart.

Hoid
Ask your guy how many shares you have to buy at 6 dollars to average down the ones you bought at $18 or higher.

His answer will surprise Walter

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

The made in China ones have a lump of aluminum bonded to the stainless bottom. When it seperates they no longer heat but are cheaper to heat. Welcome to walmart.

Yeah but a new one every three years ...

taxslave

Yeah but a new one every three years ...

Less than that if you boil them dry. It seperates the metals real quick.