GE sets new 52 week low


MHz
#151
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Oye vey.

Best of luck with that.

M't:23:38:
Behold,
your house is left unto you desolate.

Do you want the RIP now or save it as a surprise?

Eze:39:22-24:
So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.
And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity:
because they trespassed against me,
therefore hid I my face from them,
and gave them into the hand of their enemies:
so fell they all by the sword.
According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them,
and hid my face from them.
 
Curious Cdn
#152
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Best of luck with that.
M't:23:38:
Behold,
your house is left unto you desolate.
Do you want the RIP now or save it as a surprise?
Eze:39:22-24:
So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.
And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity:
because they trespassed against me,
therefore hid I my face from them,
and gave them into the hand of their enemies:
so fell they all by the sword.
According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them,
and hid my face from them.

All that because of GE bumfodder stocks!
 
MHz
#153
Been that way since the day He said it, can't you tell?
 
Hoid
#154
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

GE hits $6.75 and closes under $7 at $6.93

on 19 Dec the one cent dividend gets paid and that Thursday and Friday might be a good time to buy some of this ish as a trade.

Buying here made sense.//

Buying at $18 was pure folly.
 
taxslave
+1
#155
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Buying here made sense.//
Buying at $18 was pure folly.

That depends somewhat on your tax situation. You might learn about this when you finish school and actually find a real job.
 
Hoid
#156
I am trying to imagine the tax situation that would make it beneficial to have a stock lose so much of its value.

To sell as a tax loss?

An American stock in American money?


Then again my math skills are somewhat lacking because I don't even see how you could DCA a stock that has gone from $30 to $6

Would love to see that math on that.
That would be stupid.
 
Curious Cdn
#157
Our kettle just went tits up but those great, old fashioned stainless steel GE hemispheres of a half century are no longer available. Today's come from China and last a half decade IF THE GODS SMILE UPON YOU.
 
taxslave
+1
#158
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

I am trying to imagine the tax situation that would make it beneficial to have a stock lose so much of its value.
To sell as a tax loss?
An American stock in American money?
Then again my math skills are somewhat lacking because I don't even see how you could DCA a stock that has gone from $30 to $6
Would love to see that math on that.
That would be stupid.

I don't fully understand the math either but I know a tax accountant that does. Or at least Im guessing he does because he is not in jail yet. ABout all I know for sure about it is that the loss can be written off against other income.
 
taxslave
#159
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Our kettle just went tits up but those great, old fashioned stainless steel GE hemispheres of a half century are no longer available. Today's come from China and last a half decade IF THE GODS SMILE UPON YOU.

The made in China ones have a lump of aluminum bonded to the stainless bottom. When it seperates they no longer heat but are cheaper to heat. Welcome to walmart.
 
Hoid
#160
Ask your guy how many shares you have to buy at 6 dollars to average down the ones you bought at $18 or higher.

His answer will surprise Walter
 
Curious Cdn
#161
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

The made in China ones have a lump of aluminum bonded to the stainless bottom. When it seperates they no longer heat but are cheaper to heat. Welcome to walmart.

Yeah but a new one every three years ...
 
taxslave
#162
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Yeah but a new one every three years ...

Less than that if you boil them dry. It seperates the metals real quick.
 
Hoid
#163
GE shares tank more than 13% after Madoff whistleblower calls it a ‘bigger fraud than Enron’

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/15/ge-s...ccounting.html


well what do you know
 
taxslave
+2
#164
Doesn't matter how much money the company has. Only how much they are paying in dividends.Manipulating the price downwards can make a significant gain for hedge funds.
 
Hoid
#165
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Doesn't matter how much money the company has. Only how much they are paying in dividends.Manipulating the price downwards can make a significant gain for hedge funds.

I believe the GE divvie is one cent
 
petros
+2
#166
Paying better than Tesla.
 
captain morgan
+1
#167
Shouldn't be too much longer before someone buys up that turd of a company for pennies on the dollar and sh*t-cans the auto portion and keeps all the tech for alternate means.


That will totally suck for the auto owners as their car will be a worthless husk with having no replacement parts - assuming of course that the EV doesn't spontaneously explode before that
 
petros
#168
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Shouldn't be too much longer before someone buys up that turd of a company for pennies on the dollar and sh*t-cans the auto portion and keeps all the tech for alternate means.
That will totally suck for the auto owners as their car will be a worthless husk with having no replacement parts - assuming of course that the EV doesn't spontaneously explode before that

Electric AMC Pacers
 
captain morgan
+1
#169
Might as well revive the Gremlin while we're at it
 
MHz
#170
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Might as well revive the Gremlin while we're at it

Not the best name choice for 'the people's car'. Personally I think we need 'a people tractor' more
 
Curious Cdn
#171
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Not the best name choice for 'the people's car'. Personally I think we need 'a people tractor' more

"Volks

Wagen"



"People's Car"
 
Hoid
#172
GE struggling to stay over $8 today as Trump tanks the market once again.

Not sure how they can keep this dog at this level.

it is clearly a $5 stock at best
 
Curious Cdn
#173
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

GE struggling to stay over $8 today as Trump tanks the market once again.
Not sure how they can keep this dog at this level.
it is clearly a $5 stock at best

I wonder how much "GE" comes from China?
 
captain morgan
+1
#174
Tesla is goin down in a big, big way
 
pgs
#175
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Tesla is goin down in a big, big way

No you are confusing them for GE .
 
captain morgan
#176
Possibly GE as well, but Tesla, having been in business 15+ years and never realizing a profit in addition to massive debt and the market losing all confidence in them makes them the perfect target for a takeover... That does not bode well for the shareholders in any way
 
Curious Cdn
#177
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Possibly GE as well, but Tesla, having been in business 15+ years and never realizing a profit in addition to massive debt and the market losing all confidence in them makes them the perfect target for a takeover... That does not bode well for the shareholders in any way

General Motors, as well ...
 
MHz
#178
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

"Volks

Wagen"



"People's Car"

Should I draw you a picture of a 'tractor'
 
Curious Cdn
#179
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Should I draw you a picture of a 'tractor'

That's a tractor?

Where's the sound system?
 
petros
#180
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

That's a tractor?
Where's the sound system?

Right next to the blue ray atop the fridge.
 

Similar Threads

16
Appeal Court Sets the Cat Among the Pigeons
by bill barilko | Apr 17th, 2015
3
Camera drone sets down near Merkel
by Locutus | Sep 16th, 2013
2
Canada sets up new military spy unit
by Praxius | May 26th, 2008
0
Shuttle sets course for Earth
by CBC News | Dec 19th, 2006