India Slams Trudeau’s ‘Baseless’ Comment in Growing Debacle

Murphy
+2
Is India going to be Trudeau and the Liberals undoing? One cannot add any more to this mess other than wonder why the Liberals were so irresponsible and acted so recklessly.
---

By Josh Wingrove

India’s government is taking aim at Justin Trudeau on the heels of a trip to the country that has become a diplomatic debacle, with a spokesman for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government calling the Canadian leader’s remarks “baseless and unacceptable.”

Trudeau’s trip last week was marred by questions of whether his government was too sympathetic toward Sikh separatists who want an independent Punjab carved out of northwestern India. No issue was more embarrassing for the Canadian prime minister than his delegation meeting with Jaspal Atwal -- a man once convicted in Canada of the attempted murder of a visiting Indian cabinet minister, according to the Canadian Press and other news agencies. After it was made public, Canada rescinded Atwal’s invitation to a dinner reception in New Delhi.

A senior Canadian government official then spoke to journalists covering the trip and reportedly floated the idea Atwal’s presence may have been facilitated by rogue factions within India’s government -- an explosive allegation of, essentially, sabotage. Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer called the briefing an “embarrassing blunder.”

The rest here:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rowing-debacle

Curious Cdn
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Is India going to be Trudeau and the Liberals undoing? One cannot add any more to this mess other than wonder why the Liberals were so irresponsible and acted so recklessly.
---

By Josh Wingrove

India’s government is taking aim at Justin Trudeau on the heels of a trip to the country that has become a diplomatic debacle, with a spokesman for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government calling the Canadian leader’s remarks “baseless and unacceptable.”

Trudeau’s trip last week was marred by questions of whether his government was too sympathetic toward Sikh separatists who want an independent Punjab carved out of northwestern India. No issue was more embarrassing for the Canadian prime minister than his delegation meeting with Jaspal Atwal -- a man once convicted in Canada of the attempted murder of a visiting Indian cabinet minister, according to the Canadian Press and other news agencies. After it was made public, Canada rescinded Atwal’s invitation to a dinner reception in New Delhi.

A senior Canadian government official then spoke to journalists covering the trip and reportedly floated the idea Atwal’s presence may have been facilitated by rogue factions within India’s government -- an explosive allegation of, essentially, sabotage. Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer called the briefing an “embarrassing blunder.”

The rest here:

I don't know. Is the Sikh vote in Canada really that important to the Liberals? This sort of embarrassing whoring is the Liberal Party of Canada in a nutshell. Their political platform for as far back as I can remember consists of "getting themselves elected" and they are totally devoid of an ideology beyond that.

Murphy
The Sikh vote is important to them. Trudeau is trying too hard to be all inclusive.

Colpy
+5
#4  Top Rated Post

DaSleeper
+2
Now now guys....
This is Flosie's idol you are denigrating....

Oh well....................carry on..

Twin_Moose
Here is a CBC article trying to deflect it a little

It's the Atwal effect — and nobody's immune

Quote:

Hoping to paint the Liberals as soft on terror, the Tories drafted a parliamentary motion this week that states that the party "values the contributions of Canadian Sikhs" but condemns "all forms of terrorism, including Khalistani extremism and the glorification of any individuals who have committed acts of violence."
It was a trap, of course. Had the Liberals voted yes to the motion, they would have been repudiating some of their Khalistani allies. If they'd voted no, they'd have been caught in bed with them.
The word "glorification," of course, takes aim at a painful topic for families of the victims of the Air India Flight 182 bombing: the re-branding of the man who planned the terrorist act as a saintly hero.
He is Canada's deadliest mass-murderer by far: Talwinder Singh Parmar, the architect of the 1985 bombing, whose portrait adorns Sikh temples in Surrey, B.C. and Malton, Ont. Children are being taught that the man who blew 329 innocents out of the sky was a model citizen and a persecuted martyr. (Parmar's role in planning the attack, which was accepted as fact by both the Air India inquiry and the judicial inquiry, was confirmed by the testimony of the man, who admitted to making the bomb.)
So the Conservative motion had a sharp point on it. But there was a problem: as soon as they got wind of it, the separatist lobby, led by the World Sikh Organization, peppered Ottawa with complaints that this was an attack on all Sikhs, not just the violent ones.

Cannuck
Another Trudeau India thread? Looks like Murphy is trying to be Flossy's mirror image.

How embarrassing.

Murphy
+2

captain morgan
+1

---

From Bloomberg News no less.... Regardless of your thoughts on Bloomberg, the notion that an international media outlet took the time to review this circumstance speaks volumes.

As for trudeau's trip to India, I expect that this has the potential to be his Waterloo

Jinentonix
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Another Trudeau India thread? Looks like Murphy is trying to be Flossy's mirror image.

How embarrassing.

Imagine that eh? Threads about Canada's PM on a CANADIAN forum. It must be quite embarrassing for you to be that cluelessly stupid.

Cannuck
I've upset you. I'm sorry.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1

Substance = 0.0

No need to apologize. Everyone has limitations.

Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Here is a CBC article trying to deflect it a little

It's the Atwal effect — and nobody's immune

I read this article. Terry Milewski has always carried water for the Liberals. Pretty obvious he can't discount Trudeau's India boondoggle, but this was a very thin attempt to share the wealth of that stupidity.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

No need to apologize.

Of course there is. This is Canada.

I'm sorry for upsetting you as well.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1

Of course there is. This is Canada.

I'm sorry for upsetting you as well.

Again, not upset. The dude abides.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Again, not upset.

Of course you are

*hug*

DaSleeper

Cannuck
*hug*

One for you as well Das. I know how miserable you've been lately.

petros
+2
Cannuckle dragging baboon.

Murphy
+2
He does that...a lot.

Cannuck
Uh-oh! Looks like we need *hugs* all around. The social conservatives are extra salty today. I'm guessing it's the Dow

pgs

He does that...a lot.

Who gotthelastword ?

Murphy
Cannuck is always trying, and failing, to get the last word. Or trying, and failing, to stir the pot. The boy has problems, but probably thinks he's an Internets hero.

Jinentonix
+1

Pffft, you couldn't upset Granny's tea cart.

Murphy
Pity him. He is friendless. That is why he is an attention whore. Like Blackleaf, Flossy/Hoid and a few others.

Etc.

Curious Cdn

Uh-oh! Looks like we need *hugs* all around. The social conservatives are extra salty today. I'm guessing it's the Dow

I don't drink that brand anymore.

Walter
Wouldn’t a Dow go good now.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Wouldn’t a Dow go good now.

I'm waiting for yours to be ready.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I'm waiting for yours to be ready.

Moved it to the carboy on Monday. Will probably bottle it next week.

Murphy
+2
Rex Murphy on Trudeau's trip. Rex suggests elephants would have made the trip more successful.

Rex Murphy: Perhaps Justin Trudeau’s India trip could have been salvaged with some elephants? | National Post

pgs

Rex Murphy on Trudeau's trip. Rex suggests elephants would have made the trip more successful.

Rex Murphy: Perhaps Justin Trudeau’s India trip could have been salvaged with some elephants? | National Post

Rex is a beauty .