Sexsomnia: My boyfriend raped his ex 'in his sleep'

White_Unifier
+1
#1  Top Rated Post
Sexsomnia: My boyfriend raped his ex 'in his sleep' - BBC News

While I can empathize with a man raping a woman in his sleep, you'd think at the very least that a judge should legally be allowed to ban him from consuming alcohol other than as prescribed by a physician ever again.

That he should still have been allowed to consume alcohol after the first time should count as contributory negligence. After all, if he knows that he poses a risk of rape when asleep, then one would think he'd know better than to then consume alcohol.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Sexsomnia: My boyfriend raped his ex 'in his sleep' - BBC News

While I can empathize with a man raping a woman in his sleep, you'd think at the very least that a judge should legally be allowed to ban him from consuming alcohol other than as prescribed by a physician ever again.

That he should still have been allowed to consume alcohol after the first time should count as contributory negligence. After all, if he knows that he poses a risk of rape when asleep, then one would think he'd know better than to then consume alcohol.

Sounds good to me. The doc can pull your drivers' licence when he deems you to be a hazard behind the wheel!

White_Unifier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Sounds good to me. The doc can pull your drivers' licence when he deems you to be a hazard behind the wheel!

Good point. If a physician should conclude that a man poses a risk of raping someone in his sleep, he too should have legal power to apply to a judge to ban that person from consuming alcohol other than as prescribed by a physician ever.