LAUER SACKED: NBC News fires ‘Today’ host Matt Lauer over inappropriate sexual behavi

spaminator
LAUER SACKED: NBC News fires ‘Today’ host Matt Lauer over inappropriate sexual behaviour
Associated Press
More from Associated Press
Published:
November 29, 2017
Updated:
November 29, 2017 8:04 AM EST
In this April 21, 2016, file photo, Matt Lauer, co-host of the NBC "Today" television program, appears on set in Rockefeller Plaza, in New York. NBC News announced Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2017, that Lauer was fired for "inappropriate sexual behavior." (AP Photo/Richard Drew, File)
NEW YORK — NBC News says longtime “Today” show host Matt Lauer has been fired for “inappropriate sexual behaviour.”
Lauer’s co-anchor Savannah Guthrie made the announcement at the top of Wednesday’s “Today” show.
Guthrie read a statement from NBC News chairman Andy Lack, stating that the company has received a detailed complaint from a colleague Monday night “about inappropriate sexual behaviour in the workplace” by Lauer.
Lack’s statement said the company found that after a serious review of the complaint it represented “a clear violation” of the company’s standards, and Lauer was terminated as a result.
Lack added in his statement that it was the first complaint about Lauer in more than 20 years at NBC, but “we were also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident.”
The move comes a week after CBS News fired morning anchor Charlie Rose amid reports of sexual misconduct.
http://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/935849840914911233
LAUER SACKED:

Walter
+1 / -1
Just another leftie doing his thing.

TenPenny
+3 / -2
#3  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Just another leftie doing his thing.

Walter, you're such a fool. It's not a left-right thing. It's men. It's all men who are doing this. The world will be a much better place when all men are exterminated.

pgs
+1
Another hypocrite news reader , tell me it is not so .

justlooking
Bye Matt
Joe Scarborough is next.

EagleSmack
+1
I love watching them all fall.

Hoid
He is someone I am supposed to know but I don't.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by justlooking View Post

Bye Matt
Joe Scarborough is next.

The morning Schmoe would have his balls cut off by Mika if he was caught doing that kind of shit.

Highball
+2
One more staunch Liberal going on to another job in the NBC affiliates. Joining Lyin Brian Williams.

Corduroy

coldstream
I can see this whole thing spinning out of control. I look at the case of Garrison Keiller, the rustic, folksy host of PBS's A Prairie Home Companion, who was fired (he was already retired but was doing occasional specials) for putting his hand of bare back of woman. Now i don't know who considers the back a erogenous zone. If so it would make all hugs and pats a case of sexual harrassment.

It seems among this avalanche of accusations, some no doubt valid, there are a fair number that are done primarily for publicity, money, politics or vendetta (gender or otherwise). Allegations now seem to given the weight of absolute proof, even without any corroboration, and even years (or decades) after the supposed offense went unreported.

EagleSmack
+3
The libs didn't expect this to be on the business end of this.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Walter, you're such a fool. It's not a left-right thing. It's men. It's all men who are doing this. The world will be a much better place when all men are exterminated.

Damn you! I gave you a greenie after reading the first sentence. Then I read the rest.

Just as it's not a right-left thing, it's also not a man-woman thing, at least not in general society outside the rich and famous. Both men and women abuse men, women, boys, and girls.

Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

I can see this whole thing spinning out of control. I look at the case of Garrison Keiller, the rustic, folksy host of PBS's A Prairie Home Companion, who was fired (he was already retired but was doing occasional specials) for putting his hand of bare back of woman. Now i don't know who considers the back a erogenous zone. If so it would make all hugs and pats a case of sexual harrassment.

It seems among this avalanche of accusations, some no doubt valid, there are a fair number that are done primarily for publicity, money, politics or vendetta (gender or otherwise). Allegations now seem to given the weight of absolute proof, even without any corroboration, and even years (or decades) after the supposed offense went unreported.

Given how making such an accusation takes guts, I'd wager most are probably true. The problem of course is distinguishing between the many true allegations and the few false ones. If we can't tell which is which, then we should respect the presumption of innocence.

didn't everyone want sexual liberation in the '60s? Along with more sexual freedom in the law comes less sexual protection in the law. It's a legal catch-22.

Corduroy
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Damn you! I gave you a greenie after reading the first sentence. Then I read the rest.

After reading this, I gave TenPenny a "greenie" for the whole post.

didn't everyone want sexual liberation in the '60s? Along with more sexual freedom in the law comes less sexual protection in the law. It's a legal catch-22.

How does that follow? Do you have any examples of less sexual protection in the law that came about because of more sexual freedom?

coldstream
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Seems a bit extreme. Maybe we could just castrate them all. That would put an end to sex.. and to the human pestilence on earth in a generation. The eco utopianists will be so pleased. A sure remedy for AGW.

Angstrom
We will have to outcasts all males from our communist equalitarianist utopia. They are obviously unworthy.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

After reading this, I gave TenPenny a "greenie" for the whole post.

How does that follow? Do you have any examples of less sexual protection in the law that came about because of more sexual freedom?

It's common sense. If every act around rape is legal (including BDSM and everything else you name it) and only the force and coercion of the rape itself is criminal, then unless a person can actually prove force, there can be no conviction even if can prove all of the other components. Should peripheral acts to the rape be criminal offences too, then it's easier to find the accused guilty of at least something even if not the rape itself (which by its nature is difficult to prove). Different people may have different opinions on sexual liberation vs. sexual protection in the law, but clearly the two run at odds to one another.

Seems a bit extreme. Maybe we could just castrate them all. That would put an end to sex.. and to the human pestilence on earth in a generation. The eco utopianists will be so pleased. A sure remedy for AGW.

If you read the stats though, you can't deny that Western society suffers a rape epidemic. Worse yet, sexual abuse and coercion have become gender-neutral crimes with both men and women committing them to victims of either gender. Even the stats for male victims of sexual violence are higher than many realize.

Corduroy

Seems a bit extreme.

That's funny coming from a religious fanatic and a nationalist.

White_Unifier
And how do you square religion (that believes in one human family) and nationalism (that believes in erecting borders between the members of said family?

Corduroy

And how do you square religion (that believes in one human family) and nationalism (that believes in erecting borders between the members of said family?

Good question. Unfortunately, logic cannot penetrate the minds of these hate-filled clowns. Nationalism and theocracy have been going hand in hand for centuries. Coldstream won't ever make any sense of it until Jesus puts him with the goats.

Angstrom

Good question. Unfortunately, logic cannot penetrate the minds of these hate-filled clowns. Nationalism and theocracy have been going hand in hand for centuries. Coldstream won't ever make any sense of it until Jesus puts him with the goats.

A world without conflict? Trust me you would get bored of it just as fast as we know we would.

White_Unifier

Goats are cute.

Angstrom
I think the rest of humanity will have to move on in their goal of perfect communist equalitarianism without men.

Even Trudeau didn’t make the cut with his boob elbowing incident.

Corduroy

Goats are cute.

That won't save them from hellfire.

EagleSmack
+1
Today staff throw shade at Megyn Kelly over Lauer firing | Daily Mail Online

EXCLUSIVE: 'No one wanted Megyn here, she was forced upon us and today reinforced why she will NEVER be part of the Today family.' Staff are outraged at 'smug' Kelly and her insensitivity to colleagues over Matt Lauer firing

FEAST!

*snicker*

White_Unifier

That won't save them from hellfire.

Is that what you call a campfire roast nowadays?

Corduroy
Weenie roast?

White_Unifier

Weenie roast?

That's just cruel. If a man rapes a woman, there's a clear appendage to cut off. If a woman rapes a man, she's lucky in having no equivalent.

Durry
You would think Lauer should be able to get as much nookie on the side as he wants, why he has to resort to shady tactics is very odd to say the least. Same goes for the others.

TenPenny
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

You would think Lauer should be able to get as much nookie on the side as he wants, why he has to resort to shady tactics is very odd to say the least. Same goes for the others.

It's because it's a power play, for these guys, it's about having power over women.

They're creeps. I'm kinda enjoying watching the purge.