Will Tump Tear up NAFTA???


Morti
#31
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

We can start with the 5 billion dollars in foreign aid

For what?

What is the percentage on your tax bill that you can't afford the basics in this rich country.

Did you not work hard enough?
 
Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
#32
Quote: Originally Posted by Morti View Post

For what?

What is the percentage on your tax bill that you can't afford the basics in this rich country.

Did you not work hard enough?

Single income family

I haven't taken a vacation in 15 years
 
Morti
#33
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

Single income family

Can't provide for them?

Blame the gubmint do you?

Interesting.
 
Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
#34
I don't anticipate ever having any.

Quote: Originally Posted by Morti View Post

Can't provide for them?

Blame the gubmint do you?

Interesting.

I owe what i pay in taxes every year. Not to hard to figure what the problem is
 
Morti
#35
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

I don't anticipate ever having any.

Guess you don't work smart.

....and blame others for it.
 
Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
#36
Quote: Originally Posted by Morti View Post

Guess you don't work smart.

....and blame others for it.

Yes that must be it. Or its the fact i don't have a second income. With 3 kids
 
Morti
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

I don't anticipate ever having any.



I owe what i pay in taxes every year. Not to hard to figure what the problem is

Low income then....

How much tax do you really pay?
 
Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
#38
30000$

A family of three needs arround 105 000$ a year to be secured financially. Especially with 3 kids

I can make 90000$ In a good year . Maybe 65000$ on a bad year.
 
Morti
#39
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

30000$

A family of three needs arround 105 000$ a year to be secured financially. Especially with 3 kids

So you can't provide for your family?

Sad....why did you have three kids if you can't take care of them?
 
Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
#40
Quote: Originally Posted by Morti View Post

So you can't provide for your family?

Sad....why did you have three kids if you can't take care of them?

Being single income isn't really something you plan, if you get what i mean.
 
Morti
#41
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

Being single income isn't really something you plan, if you get what i mean.

So you don't get tax back?

You need a better accountant.
 
Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
#42
Quote: Originally Posted by Morti View Post

So you don't get tax back?

You need a better accountant.

I got some back. Not nearly enough. With Trudeau making all the changes. He killed all the Harper tax relief, and dumped everything into universal child aid payments. And you guessed it. I don't see any of that.

And now we all understand why birthing rates are falling as fast as Trumps ratings.

Because cost of living has gone threw the roof. A family has no chance under a single income even a fair one like mine
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#43
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

USP residents do not have the amount of power you seem to think they have. Not anywhere near what trudOWEhas.

good point.
 
Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
#44
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

good point.

Maybe you can ignore Trump for a little while ? You're the only one left who still gets their panties into a twist about him on this forum.
 
Murphy
Conservative
+1
#45
I'm not sure if it was on this thread or another, but Trump is, first and foremost, a businessman. Threatening to axe NAFTA is a negotiating tactic. We'll see how Justin's crew handles the US team. Wanna bet he caves in? He's gonna run...

[youtube]hn0ZJHVH17I[/youtube]
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#46
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#47
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

I'm not sure if it was on this thread or another, but Trump is, first and foremost, a businessman. Threatening to axe NAFTA is a negotiating tactic. We'll see how Justin's crew handles the US team. Wanna bet he caves in? He's gonna run...

Trump is a real estate dealer. Not one of the chairmen or CEOs of the Fortune 500 consider him a heavyweight. Further, Trump isn't making this deal. As I said above, Trump has neither the intelligence nor the attention span to deal in serious diplomatic negotiations.

He's a loudmouth.
 
Murphy
Conservative
+1
#48
Whether the Fortune 500 types consider him a member of the club or not, he has earned and lost a lot of money over the years. For a lightweight, he managed to work himself into the presidency. Love him or hate him, he's done what most of us will never accomplish.
 
Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
+1
#49
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Trump is a real estate dealer. Not one of the chairmen or CEOs of the Fortune 500 consider him a heavyweight. Further, Trump isn't making this deal. As I said above, Trump has neither the intelligence nor the attention span to deal in serious diplomatic negotiations.

He's a loudmouth.

He reminds me of a construction guy. Only difference is with lots of money.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#50
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Whether the Fortune 500 types consider him a member of the club or not, he has earned and lost a lot of money over the years. For a lightweight, he managed to work himself into the presidency. Love him or hate him, he's done what most of us will never accomplish.

Yep, he's a highly skilled con man. He's not a businessman or negotiator in any significant sense.
 
Murphy
Conservative
#51
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Yep, he's a highly skilled con man. He's not a businessman or negotiator in any significant sense.

I think that whatever he is, he's managed to roll it over into money and has landed the No. 1 job in the US. It skill takes a degree of skill to land that job.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+2
#52
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

I think that whatever he is, he's managed to roll it over into money and has landed the No. 1 job in the US. It skill takes a degree of skill to land that job.

I disagree. The skills needed to be elected President are basically the exact opposite of the skills need to be a good President. Playing to bigotry, xenophobia, and fear ain't hard.
 
Murphy
Conservative
+3
#53
We'll have agree to disagree, I guess. I prefer to think that becoming president of the US is not something that just anyone can manage. What I noticed was he was set upon by politicians and the media from the get go. I would say more than any other president in my memory. To date, little of the mud they have slung has stuck.

Whatever he is or whatever his plans, the truth lies somewhere between the media's accusations and what his advisors have said. Since I am not an American, I look upon him differently. He is not the devil or a saviour. I do not see him as a threat to the world. I see him as someone who came in from the outside and is shaking things up.

The US hasn't fallen apart. You are not teetering on the brink of war or economic collapse, from what I see anyway. The Russian thing has fizzled. As has Syria. Life goes on in those places. And NK? No doubt if they fire on Japan, or any other nation for that matter, Trump will be blamed, and he wasn't responsible for any of what that country is doing.

In some respects, he's a scapegoat.

NAFTA may be renegotiated, but it is not under any special threat.

It's a fascinating movie we're watching.
 
Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
#54
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

We'll have agree to disagree, I guess. I prefer to think that becoming president of the US is not something that just anyone can manage. What I noticed was he was set upon by politicians and the media from the get go. I would say more than any other president in my memory. To date, little of the mud they have slung has stuck.

Whatever he is or whatever his plans, the truth lies somewhere between the media's accusations and what his advisors have said. Since I am not an American, I look upon him differently. He is not the devil or a saviour. I do not see him as a threat to the world. I see him as someone who came in from the outside and is shaking things up.

The US hasn't fallen apart. You are not teetering on the brink of war or economic collapse, from what I see anyway. The Russian thing has fizzled. As has Syria. Life goes on in those places. And NK? No doubt if they fire on Japan, or any other nation for that matter, Trump will be blamed, and he wasn't responsible for any of what that country is doing.

In some respects, he's a scapegoat.

NAFTA may be renegotiated, but it is not under any special threat.

It's a fascinating movie we're watching.

Democracy. Its great stuff
 
Murphy
Conservative
#55
Yes, it is.

IMO, we're seeing a divergent style of governing that no one has seen before. Or, at least, in recent memory. Everyone the world over is used to the US being a certain way. Some of what Trump is doing is not falling into that pattern.
 
Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
#56
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Yes, it is.

IMO, we're seeing a divergent style of governing that no one has seen before. Or, at least, in recent memory. Everyone the world over is used to the US being a certain way. Some of what Trump is doing is not falling into that pattern.

The sheep are losing sleep over it
 
Murphy
Conservative
#57
Change is unsettling for most people.

I have no crystal ball, but the US is too strong to fall apart in the way that so many media outlets are suggesting. I tells me that the media has no faith in their own citizens, their Constitution, or their democracy generally.

The troubles with ISIS, NK, and negotiating with China are things that have to be addressed IMV. And while Trump may say something unusual on Twitter, he has government officials that handle trade negotiations, diplomacy and the law. What he says and what happens won't (or don't) always come together. Checks and balances are in play. Things that you and I cannot see happening because they occur in the back rooms of government.

The world is still spinning around the sun unimpeded.
 
Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
+1
#58
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Change is unsettling for most people.

I have no crystal ball, but the US is too strong to fall apart in the way that so many media outlets are suggesting. I tells me that the media has no faith in their own citizens, their Constitution, or their democracy generally.

The troubles with ISIS, NK, and negotiating with China are things that have to be addressed IMV. And while Trump may say something unusual on Twitter, he has government officials that handle trade negotiations, diplomacy and the law. What he says and what happens won't (or don't) always come together. Checks and balances are in play. Things that you and I cannot see happening because they occur in the back rooms of government.

The world is still spinning around the sun unimpeded.

The left is losing their fuking minds though
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#59
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Indeed. Plus He sure LOVES using ATTENTION seeking tactics Perhaps the concept of "professionalism " is quite different under Trump. Intelligent , strategic creative and even aggressive tactics are par for the course in negotiations. But a degree of professionalism is also imperative. Otherwise the process degrades to something less than civilized.Suspect that all three parties have talented and skilled negotiators at this process. So why not leave the task to the negotiators and stop blabbing about it on Twitter?? Why play your hand in public??It seems counter productive. Of course the question remains whether Trump even goes along with the negotiations and their outcomes. His impetuous behavior can ignore all the work the negotiators do. and do what HE wants anyhow. There is a pattern of that conduct now.

Are you a supporter of NAFTA ? I always thought you were a proponent of expanding our trade away from U.S. markets . Don't let your dislike of Trump cloud your judgement .

Quote: Originally Posted by Morti View Post

So you can't provide for your family?

Sad....why did you have three kids if you can't take care of them?

You must think you're sh-t doesn't stink eh ? Any taxpayer in Canada deserves respect and you are sh-tting on a man who contributes to your lifestyle , how much tax do you pay ? My bet is you are a government employee who doesn't even look at gross income and has no clue what it is to actually struggle . Maybe Angstrom has to borrow at credit card interest to pay his tax bill because he is self employed , have you ever been there ? What about paid leave maybe there is no such thing in his life , have you ever been there ?

Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Kettle meat pot .
 
Murphy
Conservative
+1
#60
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

The left is losing their fuking minds though

Yes, but rather than argue with them, I sit back and watch the fireworks.

For example, Ocean Breeze is blinkered, as are some others here. That's why arguing about politics and religion is generally a waste of time. The arguments never seem to get anywhere. The only thing they accomplish is to raise the hackles of most of the participants. But there is precious little else to discuss on forums. No one cares about my hobbies or your television habits.

Whether it's Trudeau, Trump or Xi, none of them has the power to make sweeping changes. My belief is that no matter the country, all leaders are kept in check by other politicians, senior civil servants and their form of government. Oh sure, the odd war breaks out, trade sanctions happen, or threats are made, but the reactions to these things are the result of more than one man's direction.
 

Similar Threads

0
Truth is in every leaf, every tear
by china | Dec 29th, 2009
0
Demographics - On a tear
by Blackleaf | Oct 25th, 2007