How the Hell does this work?

JLM
"De Grood, 24, pleaded not guilty yesterday, on the first day of his trial, to five counts of first-degree murder, but he admitted he stabbed the victims Lawrence Hong, 27, Joshua Hunter, 23, Kaitlin Perras, 23, Zackariah Rathwell, 21, and Jordan Segura, 22 at a house party in Calgary's Brentwood neighbourhood in April 2014."

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

"De Grood, 24, pleaded not guilty yesterday, on the first day of his trial, to five counts of first-degree murder, but he admitted he stabbed the victims Lawrence Hong, 27, Joshua Hunter, 23, Kaitlin Perras, 23, Zackariah Rathwell, 21, and Jordan Segura, 22 at a house party in Calgary's Brentwood neighbourhood in April 2014."

You're kidding, right? You can't be that fu cking stupid that you don't understand his plea.

Here's the entire quote, rather than the snippit, numbnuts provided. Including a link to the article.

Hours before he stabbed five people to death at a house party, Matthew de Grood sent ominous messages and told friends he thought the end of the world was imminent, court heard as his murder trial began Monday.

De Grood, who had garlic stuffed inside his clothing at the time of his arrest, posted messages online talking about killing vampires, according to an agreed statement of facts.

The 24-year-old pleaded not guilty to five counts of first-degree murder but did admit he stabbed the victims — Lawrence Hong, 27, Joshua Hunter, 23, Kaitlin Perras, 23, Zackariah Rathwell, 21, and Jordan Segura, 22 — at a home in the northwest Calgary community of Brentwood, in April 2014, causing their deaths.

De Grood's legal team is expected to present a not criminally responsible defence.

The trial is being held in Court of Queen's Bench in front of a judge alone.

Matthew de Grood spoke of the apocalypse and killing vampires before he stabbed 5 people, court hears - Calgary - CBC News

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

You're kidding, right? You can't be that fu cking stupid that you don't understand his plea.

Here's the entire quote, rather than the snippit, numbnuts provided. Including a link to the article.

Hours before he stabbed five people to death at a house party, Matthew de Grood sent ominous messages and told friends he thought the end of the world was imminent, court heard as his murder trial began Monday.

De Grood, who had garlic stuffed inside his clothing at the time of his arrest, posted messages online talking about killing vampires, according to an agreed statement of facts.

The 24-year-old pleaded not guilty to five counts of first-degree murder but did admit he stabbed the victims — Lawrence Hong, 27, Joshua Hunter, 23, Kaitlin Perras, 23, Zackariah Rathwell, 21, and Jordan Segura, 22 — at a home in the northwest Calgary community of Brentwood, in April 2014, causing their deaths.

De Grood's legal team is expected to present a not criminally responsible defence.

The trial is being held in Court of Queen's Bench in front of a judge alone.

Matthew de Grood spoke of the apocalypse and killing vampires before he stabbed 5 people, court hears - Calgary - CBC News

Pudney's a genius no question about it.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

Pudney's a genius no question about it.

Yeah, kind of makes you wonder what Pudney thinks he would have to have done to be guilty! I always thought "guilty" meant you did the crime.

Tecumsehsbones
Oh dear.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Yeah, kind of makes you wonder what Pudney thinks he would have to have done to be guilty! I always thought "guilty" meant you did the crime.

You do understand that guilt is determined by the court system don't you? A defendant (assumed innocent) is allowed to plea any way he/she chooses. He/she is not deemed guilty unless a judge or jury finds him so.

Dixie Cup
+1
Yep - the judge will find him NCR and he'll be out in a matter of months/years.

What I find difficult to understand is why no one "picked up" on the fact he might have been a little looney and perhaps done something about it BEFORE 5 lives were lost. I honestly believe its because being PC is now so instilled in us that we're scared to do or say anything that might be offensive thereby not doing many people, especially ones exhibiting MH issues, any service.

JMHO

IdRatherBeSkiing
+2
#8  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

What I find difficult to understand is why no one "picked up" on the fact he might have been a little looney and perhaps done something about it BEFORE 5 lives were lost. I honestly believe its because being PC is now so instilled in us that we're scared to do or say anything that might be offensive thereby not doing many people, especially ones exhibiting MH issues, any service.

JMHO

We must respect the rights of the crazy people. We can't even make them take their pills.

TenPenny

JMHO

I'm pretty sure his parents were thinking of having him committed, but hadn't quite made that step.

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

We must respect the rights of the crazy people. We can't even make them take their pills.

Sometimes the pills they are given make them worse.

JLM

You do understand that guilt is determined by the court system don't you? A defendant (assumed innocent) is allowed to plea any way he/she chooses. He/she is not deemed guilty unless a judge or jury finds him so.

I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night. I know the procedure, but it's not customary for the defendant to plead not guilty and then admit he's guilty. You can't have it both ways!

JMHO

Right on Dixie.

IdRatherBeSkiing

I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night. I know the procedure, but it's not customary for the defendant to plead not guilty and then admit he's guilty. You can't have it both ways!

In this case he is pleading not guilty and the reason is insanity or diminished capacity. Same as the guy on the bus.

But for arguments sake, lets say he did plea not guilty and then admitted to stabbing them. This would make the juries work pretty simple. But he does not have to plead guilty even if he is and has admitted it.

JLM

Here's the entire quote, rather than the snippit, numbnuts provided.

Gerry - If you are not going to send me your complete list of acceptable opinions, then quit criticizing my posts.

Ludlow
+1
Pudney fancies himself as an internet warrior/bully. My guess is he got his azz beat on a regular basis in grammar school.

JLM

Pudney fancies himself as an internet warrior/bully. My guess is he got his azz beat on a regular basis in grammar school.

What I find saddest is he doesn't have an inkling on how his behaviour detracts from his credibility. People don't need their throats stepped on every time someone disagrees with their opinion.

Ludlow

What I find saddest is he doesn't have an inkling on how his behaviour detracts from his credibility. People don't need their throats stepped on every time someone disagrees with their opinion.

Doesn't posess one ounce of emotional intelligence. A loud mouth self absorbed idiot who gets off building himself up at the expense of others which, quite honestly displays his degree of stupidity which is substantial.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1

Doesn't posess one ounce of emotional intelligence. A loud mouth self absorbed idiot who gets off building himself up at the expense of others which, quite honestly displays his degree of stupidity which is substantial.

Can you clarify how what you and JLM are doing in this thread is any different?

JLM

Speaking for myself, I'm not generally in the habit of "jumping on people" until they start getting snarky.

Ludlow
+1

it's called consequential response. Dickhead wants to display even a modest display of cordiality, he'll see no response. You want to allow people to shyt on you, be my guest.

Tecumsehsbones

I can. JLM is demonstrating his ignorance of the law, apparently in support of the proposition that his "gut feeling" and limited knowledge of the case should prevail.

Ludlow is abusing JLM's mental and emotional capacity.

Hope that helped.

SLM

Speaking for myself, I'm not generally in the habit of "jumping on people" until they start getting snarky.

it's called consequential response. Dickhead wants to display even a modest display of cordiality, he'll see no response. You want to allow people to shyt on you, be my guest.

AKA the "but he started it" excuse.

You know, you are not required to give a flying fu*ck what anyone says. Just FYI.

Ludlow
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I can. JLM is demonstrating his ignorance of the law, apparently in support of the proposition that his "gut feeling" and limited knowledge of the case should prevail.

Hope that helped.

Good to know you approve of someone calling another 'stupid' on damn near every post. Learn new things every day.

Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

AKA the "but he started it" excuse.

You know, you are not required to give a flying fu*ck what anyone says. Just FYI.

Figures

Tecumsehsbones

Good to know you approve of someone calling another 'stupid' on damn near every post. Learn new things every day.

Approve? I was just telling Ski what was going on. Since he asked and all.

Ludlow
+1

Approve? I was just telling Ski what was going on. Since he asked and all.

Right. Incidentally your assessment is horse shyt.

Tecumsehsbones

Right. Incidentally your assessment is horse shyt.

Usually is, Lud. Usually is.

JLM

Oh, I think I have sufficient capacity on both counts, there Bones!

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Oh, I think I have sufficient capacity on both counts, there Bones!

Got no problem with you, JLM. Just disagree with you sometimes. Think you're a bit dumb sometimes. Not a problem. You probably think the same of me. I'm OK with that.

JLM

Got no problem with you, JLM. Just disagree with you sometimes. Think you're a bit dumb sometimes. Not a problem. You probably think the same of me. I'm OK with that.

There's times when it don't hurt to play Devil's Advocate!

gerryh

There's times when it don't hurt to play Devil's Advocate!

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

JLM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

. . . .