Truck driver assaults protester


Kreskin
#1
Another truck driver lost his marbles.

WATCH: Violent altercation between truck driver and Shawnigan protester | CHEK
 
B00Mer
#2
Wow, glad he was fired... that person lady was not a threat at all.
 
personal touch
-1
#3
by the looks of the RCMP station and its front door,
by this observation alone,the chances are great no charges will be laid is very high.
we as Canadians have a right to protest without being assaulted.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+4
#4  Top Rated Post
That poor driver! Man just trying to do his job, harassed and provoked by those communist lefty Muslims.

He should sue to get his job back. How dare they fire him for standing up to terrorism!
 
taxslave
+3 / -1
#5
If the RCMP were to do their job there would be no protesters blocking a legal worksite in the first place. This is a legal dump site with all the proper permits so any protests rightfully should be held on the steps of the legislature, not causing a hazzard to people trying to earn a living. Classic case of NIMBYism.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

If the RCMP were to do their job there would be no protesters blocking a legal worksite in the first place. This is a legal dump site with all the proper permits so any protests rightfully should be held on the steps of the legislature, not causing a hazzard to people trying to earn a living. Classic case of NIMBYism.

Damn right! How dare these protestors demonstrate in public space of their choosing. Dissenting only when and where the government permits you to dissent is a Canadian Valyoo!
 
personal touch
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

That poor driver! Man just trying to do his job, harassed and provoked by those communist lefty Muslims.

He should sue to get his job back. How dare they fire him for standing up to terrorism!

oops i must have hit a low note with the the RCMP door to the detachment,my apoligies.

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

If the RCMP were to do their job there would be no protesters blocking a legal worksite in the first place. This is a legal dump site with all the proper permits so any protests rightfully should be held on the steps of the legislature, not causing a hazzard to people trying to earn a living. Classic case of NIMBYism.

the company should have hired the RCMP or city police or whatever to ***** the agendas.
the RCMP are for hire,just pay cash and they are yours,why this company did not do this,i am not sure.
you can rent cops for all type of things.
nothing looked proper about this whole assault ordeal,did not notice one thing.
 
JLM
+2 / -1
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

If the RCMP were to do their job there would be no protesters blocking a legal worksite in the first place. This is a legal dump site with all the proper permits so any protests rightfully should be held on the steps of the legislature, not causing a hazzard to people trying to earn a living. Classic case of NIMBYism.

My old home town from birth until I was 11 years old- first time I saw it make the news. Maybe the truck driver had finally just had enough after several days! It should never have been allowed to go that far!
 
VanIsle
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

If the RCMP were to do their job there would be no protesters blocking a legal worksite in the first place. This is a legal dump site with all the proper permits so any protests rightfully should be held on the steps of the legislature, not causing a hazzard to people trying to earn a living. Classic case of NIMBYism.

Taxslave, you live on this Island. You know small towns have very small detachments and it probably took awhile before anyone called the RCMP because they know the moment the police arrive - the whole thing is going to be shut down. You also know there is more to their job than hanging out around the dump. This situation is a little like buying a house near the airport or the railroad and then complaining about the noise. The truck driver appeared to be out of control so - he should have lost his job. I don't know how big Shawnigan is but I'm assuming there is only about 4 members there - maybe 5. Two would have been off duty. They might have had to call for backup. Things are not the same as they used to be.

Population of Shawnigan is about 8000. Bigger than I thought. Still probably not more than 10 members or less.
 
taxslave
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

Taxslave, you live on this Island. You know small towns have very small detachments and it probably took awhile before anyone called the RCMP because they know the moment the police arrive - the whole thing is going to be shut down. You also know there is more to their job than hanging out around the dump. This situation is a little like buying a house near the airport or the railroad and then complaining about the noise. The truck driver appeared to be out of control so - he should have lost his job. I don't know how big Shawnigan is but I'm assuming there is only about 4 members there - maybe 5. Two would have been off duty. They might have had to call for backup. Things are not the same as they used to be.

Population of Shawnigan is about 8000. Bigger than I thought. Still probably not more than 10 members or less.

The RCMP had been there before because of the protesters. They had to have known the protesters would get out of control with no oversight. There are other detachments that can supply manpower.
 
JLM
+1 / -1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

Taxslave, you live on this Island. You know small towns have very small detachments and it probably took awhile before anyone called the RCMP because they know the moment the police arrive - the whole thing is going to be shut down. You also know there is more to their job than hanging out around the dump. This situation is a little like buying a house near the airport or the railroad and then complaining about the noise. The truck driver appeared to be out of control so - he should have lost his job. I don't know how big Shawnigan is but I'm assuming there is only about 4 members there - maybe 5. Two would have been off duty. They might have had to call for backup. Things are not the same as they used to be.

Population of Shawnigan is about 8000. Bigger than I thought. Still probably not more than 10 members or less.

When I lived at Shawnigan pop. was about 500 and there was one cop. I think the truck driver should have been suspended for a couple of days just because it was a woman he assaulted, but she also has to take blame for her part in the incident. He was hired to do a job that was none of her business. Protestors are allowed to assemble, but they are NOT allowed to interfere with the operation.
 
DaSleeper
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

When I lived at Shawnigan pop. was about 500 and there was one cop. I think the truck driver should have been suspended for a couple of days just because it was a woman he assaulted, but she also has to take blame for her part in the incident. He was hired to do a job that was none of her business. Protestors are allowed to assemble, but they are NOT allowed to interfere with the operation.

Did you happen to hear of Jean Chretien, while you were there? I know he was older than you, but his stunt of pretending he had appendicitis just to miss school, must have made him a kind of legend with the kids there...
I heard about it from the hotel clerk when I stayed there for a couple of days on a job related visit to their Paper mill. He had gone to school with Chretien.
With their mill now closed ...I wonder how the town is doing.....?
 
Cannuck
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

That poor driver! Man just trying to do his job, harassed and provoked by those communist lefty Muslims.

He should sue to get his job back. How dare they fire him for standing up to terrorism!

I doubt many people will confuse truck drivers with the more intelligent members of society
 
DaSleeper
+3
#14
In '75 while working for a pipeline company while the mill in Kapuskasing was on strike, even though my job with them was on the ambulance...... since I spoke french they asked me if I would go and pick up a "ripper toe" they had made arrangements to purchase at a nearby paper mill.
I explained to the super, that since the paper mill industry was on a nationwide strike, that I would not crash the picket line but would see what I could do......
When I got there in the company truck, I stopped, got out and went to talk with the team Captain and explained to him what I was there for.
He said sure and even offered me a cup of coffee...Since he was just starting his 4 hour shift with the half dozen guys with him, I told him I'd be back later....
I picked up the "Toe", delivered it to the pipeline yard, got into my ambulance, went and got a forty pounder at the liquor store and brought it to the picket line and had that coffee with them!
 
JLM
+1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Did you happen to hear of Jean Chretien, while you were there? I know he was older than you, but his stunt of pretending he had appendicitis just to miss school, must have made him a kind of legend with the kids there...
I heard about it from the hotel clerk when I stayed there for a couple of days on a job related visit to their Paper mill. He had gone to school with Chretien.
With their mill now closed ...I wonder how the town is doing.....?

I'm not sure if Jean Chretien ever made it to Shawnigan Lake- probably never even made it to Vancouver Island!

Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

I doubt many people will confuse truck drivers with the more intelligent members of society

I've known several truck drivers who were among the more intelligent members of society........................my Dad for one!

There are likely wheel barrow jockeys who are more intelligent than you!

I have to apologize for my last statement alluding to Cannucklehead's intelligence..........instead of saying "more intelligent" I should have said "less ignorant".
Last edited by JLM; Dec 1st, 2015 at 10:36 AM..
 
Cannuck
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

.....................my Dad for one!

That explains a lot. The reality is (whether you choose to admit it or not) that uneducated immigrants that can barely read, write or speak English are being hired en masse to drive trucks so the standards aren't that high.
 
B00Mer
+2
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

That explains a lot. The reality is (whether you choose to admit it or not) that uneducated immigrants that can barely read, write or speak English are being hired en masse to drive trucks so the standards aren't that high.

More like cleaning and cooking like your mother did... a maid.

Majority of the truck driving jobs in Canada require a FAST Card to run the USA. New immigrants don't qualify, but they sure do qualify for working as a cook or maid like you're mother.
 
Cannuck
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

More like cleaning and cooking like your mother did... a maid.

Majority of the truck driving jobs in Canada require a FAST Card to run the USA. New immigrants don't qualify, but they sure do qualify for working as a cook or maid like you're mother.

I knew it would be tough for you to accept.
 
B00Mer
+2
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

I knew it would be tough for you to accept.

That you're mother is a maid, not at all... i can see now why you're a welfare bum, they do say it run in the family.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

More like cleaning and cooking like your mother did... a maid.

Majority of the truck driving jobs in Canada require a FAST Card to run the USA. New immigrants don't qualify, but they sure do qualify for working as a cook or maid like you're mother.

Yep, Boomster just proved he's a truck driver.
 
Cannuck
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

That you're mother is a maid, not at all... i can see now why you're a welfare bum, they do say it run in the family.

It's OK. I understand. You're probably one of the few working folk on the forum that can be replaced with an uneducated illiterate. That can't be good for the ego, especially one as fragile as yours.
 
B00Mer
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Yep, Boomster just proved he's a truck driver.

Yes autocorrect on an iMac proves everything..

T-Bones you and Cannuck should get a room. seriously.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Yes autocorrect on an iMac proves everything..

T-Bones you and Cannuck should get a room. seriously.

Just proved it again, Wonderlic Teen.
 
B00Mer
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Just proved it again, Wonderlic Teen.

What, you two are sucking each other c0ck like wild bitches on the forum... just figure you would like a little privacy.
 
Cannuck
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

What, you two are sucking each other c0ck like wild bitches on the forum... just figure you would like a little privacy.

Not only do truck drivers not require English skills or education, maturity is not a prerequisite either.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

What, you two are sucking each other c0ck like wild bitches on the forum... just figure you would like a little privacy.

Yes, you use implications of homosexuality as insults.

Not that you're a bigot or anything.

Maybe I overestimated you when I called you Wonderlic Teen.
 
lone wolf
+1
#27
There's only one down side to trucking - getting out of the cab
 
Cannuck
#28
My girlfriend's kid has worked in the oil industry since he was 16. He quit school in grade 10 so he's only got his grade 9. With the slow down in the patch and now with two youngsters at home he's decided to make a change. Got his class 1 and drives a truck.
 
DaSleeper
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I'm not sure if Jean Chretien ever made it to Shawnigan Lake- probably never even made it to Vancouver Island!


.

My bad....When I read the article I read to quickly and automatically though of Shawinigan Quebec where Jean Chretien was born and went to grade school....
 
JLM
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

My bad....When I read the article I read to quickly and automatically though of Shawinigan Quebec where Jean Chretien was born and went to grade school....

That thought occurred to me later. There's an extra "I" in that one.
 

Similar Threads

0
911 Truck Driver
by rufus | Feb 23rd, 2010
10
truck driver from Ontario
by working man | Jul 17th, 2007