Public Safety Minister Vic Toews resigns


Locutus
#1
TORONTO - Canada's Minister of Public Safety Vic Toews has stepped down from cabinet and also will resign his seat from Parliament.

"I told my wife by the time my son was going to school full time I wanted to be out of politics," said Toews this morning. "He is going into Grade 1 in September and it is time."

Sun News : Public Safety Minister Vic Toews resigns: ‘It’s time’
 
Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+6
#2
Dang! My first thought was that he had been diagnosed with terminal foot in mouth disease.
 
PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
+6
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

TORONTO - Canada's Minister of Public Safety Vic Toews has stepped down from cabinet and also will resign his seat from Parliament.

"I told my wife by the time my son was going to school full time I wanted to be out of politics," said Toews this morning. "He is going into Grade 1 in September and it is time."

Sun News : Public Safety Minister Vic Toews resigns: ‘It’s time’

Vic shouldn't have got into politics until after he completed grade 1
 
petros
+8
#4  Top Rated Post
I feel safer.
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+3
#5
Maybe God doesn't do miracles but he must grant wishes I have been saying for
a long time, For God's sake I wish this guy was gone from the political scene.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+2
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I feel safer.

...are you sure, maybe the NSA will take him as a consultant now.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

TORONTO - Canada's Minister of Public Safety Vic Toews has stepped down from cabinet and also will resign his seat from Parliament.

"I told my wife by the time my son was going to school full time I wanted to be out of politics," said Toews this morning. "He is going into Grade 1 in September and it is time."

Sun News : Public Safety Minister Vic Toews resigns: ‘It’s time’

Oooooooooooh ooooooooooh, Some kind of sh*t is just over the horizon!
 
WLDB
No Party Affiliation
#8
I won't miss him. I doubt many will, even those on his side. I wonder if this was his choice or if he was forced out.
 
Sal
No Party Affiliation
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Oooooooooooh ooooooooooh, Some kind of sh*t is just over the horizon!

yeah I looked for the scandal...what...none...yeah something is brewing
 
Zipperfish
No Party Affiliation
+2
#10
His kid is going into Grade 1? I would have thought his grandkids would be going into Grade 1.
 
Sal
No Party Affiliation
+1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipperfish View Post

His kid is going into Grade 1? I would have thought his grandkids would be going into Grade 1.

them too... guy must have money, lots and lots of money
 
PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipperfish View Post

His kid is going into Grade 1? I would have thought his grandkids would be going into Grade 1.

I thought Vic was going to go get his grade 1
 
petros
+3
#13
He'll be back by August when he's done teaching his kid everything he knows.
 
PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

He'll be back by August when he's done teaching his kid everything he knows.

All the way to August? Is he taking 2 weeks off in the middle?
 
petros
+2
#15
Clean the office, get liquored up on the taxpayers dime a couple more times, rat bag the car leased for him in a target parking lot, break it off with his gay secretary, steal as much office supplies as possible and racking up some more 900 number calls all will take a least a week or so then the 2 week holiday.
 
Nuggler
+3
#16
If you're not with Vic, you're with the kiddieporners.......................


Don't really care if the door hits his as s or not., just as long as he leaves.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
+3
#17
He will be sorely missed in Parliament. During his public service he dealt with very difficult matters in exemplary fashion. We are not surprised this selfless family man has decided to devote more time to education. He has represented Canadian values faultlessly. He simply cannot be replaced. As Canadas Minister of Irritation he served with distinction.
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
+3
#18
I hear there are some Senate seats opening up....
 
darkbeaver
Republican
+3
#19
What a horrible insinuation to make. I know for a fact it is groundless Mr Toews will be working with the homeless sex trade workers in his community.
 
PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

What a horrible insinuation to make. I know for a fact it is groundless Mr Toews will be working with the homeless sex trade workers in his community.

Cept'n they ain't homeless...Vic has cleared space in his basement and paid them all up front for 6 months before turning in his govt mastercard.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
+1
#21
My god will the trashing of this good honest politician never stop? After all he's done for this country. It will be a very long time before we elect another of his caliber..
 
eh1eh
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Dang! My first thought was that he had been diagnosed with terminal foot in mouth disease.

LOL. He's one of those, "If you've done nothing wrong then you have nothing to fear.", mothertruckers.
Good riddance to him.

Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

My god will the trashing of this good honest politician never stop? After all he's done for this country. It will be a very long time before we elect another of his caliber..

best laugh of the day. Thank You!
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

It will be a very long time before we elect another of his caliber..

One can only hope.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

My god will the trashing of this good honest politician never stop? After all he's done for this country. It will be a very long time before we elect another of his caliber..

Yeah, I was wondering if he's really quite as bad as most make out!

I'm still trying to remember what his main faux pas was.