RCMP Arrest 2 In Connection with Terror Plot in Canada

SLM
+2
The RCMP have arrested two people who they say were plotting a terrorist attack in Canada, CTV News has learned.
The arrests were part of an ongoing investigation conducted by the RCMP and the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, which “had been going on for a considerable amount of time,” reported CTV’s Ottawa Bureau Chief Robert Fife.
“I am told that the two people who have been arrested, they are linked somehow to al Qaeda,” Fife reported Monday afternoon.
Photos

The RCMP have arrested two people who they say were plotting a terrorist attack in Canada, CTV News has learned.

Fife said it remains unclear how the two are connected to the international terror organization.
The two people arrested Monday are not linked with two men from London, Ont., who died in an al Qaeda-linked siege on a gas plant in Algeria last January.
Fife said police had planned to make the arrests three weeks ago, but for unknown reasons they picked up the suspects on Monday.
The RCMP are expected to provide more information at a Toronto news conference scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET

Read more: RCMP arrest 2 in connection with alleged terror plot | CTV News

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
L Gilbert
+6
Dammit! Foiled again. Every time I send people to Ottawa to level Parliament, the cops butt their beaks in.

damngrumpy
+1
Every now and then the cops make one public I think the problem is much bigger
and there are plots going on with more or less ability to carry them out. The over
all reason to let one slip out is to let us know they are doing something. The
terrorists are not the problem our government is not doing a good enough job at
keeping bad people out of the country. We must change the laws as required to
ensure security and that only the right folks get in. Family reunification is a problem.
that needs to be addressed.

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

Every now and then the cops make one public I think the problem is much bigger
and there are plots going on with more or less ability to carry them out. The over
all reason to let one slip out is to let us know they are doing something. The
terrorists are not the problem our government is not doing a good enough job at
keeping bad people out of the country. We must change the laws as required to
ensure security and that only the right folks get in. Family reunification is a problem.
that needs to be addressed.

Then you will have people crying like this..........

Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

If you boot them out because of their religion, that's discrimination.

Sorry, I'm not Canadian. Are you saying there is no right to be free from religious discrimination in Canada?

You just can't please everybody <shrugs>

petros
+3
Toss ALL the Fransicans out of Canada!

they are linked somehow to al Qaeda

Locutus
+1
I smell 'excluded people'.

petros
Fransicans reek of exclusion and segregation.

B00Mer
+1
I wonder if any of this is related to the Boston Bombers.. example, Internet conversations with family members or other residents in Canada..

I am sure the FBI has a new wealth of information from the Boston Bombers computers and are sharing it with other governments to foil potential plots.

What a F*CKED UP world we live in..

petros
Doubt it. There are language barriers with Fransicans.

WLDB
+5
Law enforcement did its job. Good.

Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

What a F*CKED UP world we live in..

Was there ever another one we lived in?

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Doubt it. There are language barriers with Fransicans.

Would they related to the San Franciscans? They live a tad south and west of me. Right on the water they are.

petros
San Franciski! Oi vey dats a long vays. Did they drove or did they flew?

Durry
+1
It's the Liberals fault!!

They didn't coddle the Canadian Islamist enough!!

I blame Justin, they nominated him as leader, and he screwed it up. He should have been out there coddling all Muslims!!

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

They didn't coddle the Canadian Islamist enough!!

I blame Justin, they nominated him as leader, and he screwed it up. He should have been out there coddling all Muslims!!

You blame all Muslims?

San Franciski! Oi vey dats a long vays. Did they drove or did they flew?

Oh they took their time and strolled.

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

Dammit! Foiled again. Every time I send people to Ottawa to level Parliament, the cops butt their beaks in.

YOU are definitely on "THE LIST"

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuggler View Post

Going by last names. One name Chiheb Esseghaier, is Tunisian and the other Raed Jaser is generally found in Africa.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

The Canada alienating Fransicans are in Mulcairs hands now. Those pricks put Canada second and use the Church to do it. Fvck em'! Send them back to where they came from.

Tecumsehsbones

The Canada alienating Fransicans are in Mulcairs hands now. Those pricks put Canada second and use the Church to do it. Fvck em'! Send them back to where they came from.

And them damn Injuns too! They always put Canada second!

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Would they related to the San Franciscans? They live a tad south and west of me. Right on the water they are.

Naaah.....He just added a new word to his vocabulary, and he's gonna bore us for days with it. Fourth or fifth time to-day now? another cracked record.......

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

And them damn Injuns too! They always put Canada second!

That's the al Qaeda link right there.

They some how infiltrated the Fransicans through bingo.

Bingo, the perfect cover.

Nobody would suspect anything odd with Injun al Qaeda being seen at Church on a Tuesday evening during bingo.

Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Naaah.....He just added a new word to his vocabulary, and he's gonna bore us for days with it. Fourth or fifth time to-day now? another cracked record.......

Left
Last edited by petros; Apr 22nd, 2013 at 04:50 PM..

SLM
+2
Apparently they were targeting a VIA passenger train.

Plot to attack Via train thwarted - Crime - Canoe.ca

Quote: Originally Posted by Nuggler View Post

Well he is now!

You know they give me five bucks for everyone I can flush out.

L Gilbert
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Apparently they were targeting a VIA passenger train.

It's hard to get good help these days. I specifically told them the Parliament buildings.

petros
VIA? ****. VIA could have used the insurance money.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

It's hard to get good help these days. I specifically told them the Parliament buildings.

Via is owned by the Govt. The Govt is run by Parliament. They were on the right track.
You have to be clear, concise and logical when giving direction.
Most people when told to take 2 steps forwards would start with either their left or right foot -They would take 2 steps - starting with either a left or a right and followed by the other so far unused foot. Right... Right

These guys would not.

lone wolf
+8
#25  Top Rated Post
VIA? Good luck hitting a schedule. If it's on time, it's yesterday's train

SLM
+4
Ah Canadian terrorism! Other nations get planes hijacked, we get a bus that gets stuck in the mud. Other nations have their political leaders targeted, we get a guy trying to drive his pickup truck through the front door of Centre Block.

Suffice it to say though, and I'm just speaking for myself here, had an actual VIA train blown up, it would be decidedly less funny.

darkbeaver
+1
Al-Kadu in Iran set this VIA attack up was what was on the radio. I didn't know they had gotten into Iran. VIA rail has some enemies right.
I endured a trip with them once.

L Gilbert
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Via is owned by the Govt. The Govt is run by Parliament. They were on the right track.
You have to be clear, concise and logical when giving direction.
Most people when told to take 2 steps forwards would start with either their left or right foot -They would take 2 steps - starting with either a left or a right and followed by the other so far unused foot. Right... Right

These guys would not.

Ah. Good point. I'll draw the next bunch a picture. Maybe even give em a photo.

Locutus
+1
'Bout time for a shiny happy intervention. Lottsa hugging and confessional booth blather.

petros
+1
Quote:

part of an ongoing investigation conducted by the RCMP and the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, which “had been going on for a considerable amount of time,”

Which means all they ever had was a plot.

So now what? RCMP in bum-fvck-nowhere are supposed to drop what they're doing and search the two people getting on the train in Watrous?

Perfect. While they are busy doing that 3 nights a week, I'll rob the bar in Imperial.