Soon there won't be space to bury our dead!!

B00Mer
With the elder population growing so fast will we soon run out of room to bury our dead. We are competing with population growth and death rates. What is going to happen to available space? Where willbe bury our dead?

London - Britain Rapidly Running Out Of Space to Bury Dead -- VosIzNeias.com

Israel is Running Out of Space to Bury its Dead » Matzav.com - The Online Voice of Torah Jewry

lone wolf
+1
Burial makes little sense. Dead can't go back to the Earth in a vault.

Walter
+1
In my parents' hometown in Germany burial plots are rented for 25 years. If the family wants to rent longer they can renew every 25 years. If they don't renew the lease the plot is rented to another family. Any remains in a prevously rented plot are creamated and either given to the family or disposed of in a common grave in the cemetery. Bloody practical Germans.

WLDB
+3
#4  Top Rated Post
There are other ways of disposing of a body. Im an organ doner, so they can take what they want and give the rest to science. At least then it may be somewhat useful. Cremation has been slowly becoming more popular over the last 20-25 years. Thats an easy option to solve the problem.

Space for burying was bound to run out eventually. Its not such a bad thing. Given the stuff embalmers put in the bodies its probably best that they dont wind up in the ground. Most of my family plans on going that route.

There's also the option of doing what they did in Paris when the city expanded over a cemetary. Exhume the bodies and stack the bones in catacombs. I imagine that wouldn't be too popular though as it would mean screwing with other people's graves.

B00Mer
Actually, in my will I have set out that I want to be cremated, and my ashes spead over a warm sandy beach in the Caribbean (preferably not one that is population, because I don't want to end up on some fat ladies ass)

I have asked that fireworks be set off to celebrate my life.. not to morn.

Kakato
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Actually, in my will I have set out that I want to be cremated, and my ashes spead over a warm sandy beach in the Caribbean (preferably not one that is population, because I don't want to end up on some fat ladies ass)

That reminds me,I have to spread my buddys ashes at our old secret fishing hole.He's been sitting in my living room in a jar long enough.

L Gilbert
+2
Ironically, being an ex-firefighter, I'm getting torched on purpose.

Goober
+1

Never know where you will END up.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Kakato View Post

That reminds me,I have to spread my buddys ashes at our old secret fishing hole.He's been sitting in my living room in a jar long enough.

Yeah, I have to spread my cats ashes up on Mt Cypress at the end of August when I return to BC to pick up my furniture.. he was my best friend and first cat.. really smart too. Fetch, come on command, slept on my pillow every night.

Boycott Hartz : Hartz Flea & Tick Toxic to Cats

Goober
+1

So again I must visit this post- Now these things just pop into my weird way of looking a things.

So ya die-
Then turned to ashes-
Then dumped in the sea
Fish eats some ash
Fish gets caught
Fish on the dinner table
Fat lady loves fish - gives her gas though

Chemical content of a human fart Nitrogen: 20-90%
Hydrogen: 0-50% (flammable)
Flatus often stinks! There are several chemicals that contribute to the smell of farts:
•skatole (by-product of meat digestion)
•indole (by-product of meat digestion)
•methanethiol (a sulfur compound)
•dimethyl sulfide (a sulfur compound)
•hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg odor, flammable)
•volatile amines
•short chain fatty acids
•feces (if present in the rectum)
•bacteria

You get blown out her ass.
Up you go and mix with the atmosphere-
Back you come after some interaction with various chemicals in the air.
Part of a rain drop that lands on the crack of the ass of that very same fat lady sunbathing on the beach.
I have to stop now. I cannot take the laughing any more.

L Gilbert
+1
I'm gonna feed plants.

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

I'm gonna feed plants.

Oh my- Another one just popped into my head. Oh my.........

WLDB

Yeah, I have to spread my cats ashes up on Mt Cypress at the end of August when I return to BC to pick up my furniture.. he was my best friend and first cat.. really smart too. Fetch, come on command, slept on my pillow every night.

Boycott Hartz : Hartz Flea & Tick Toxic to Cats

My dog's remains have been sitting on my desk for about 2 years now. I will probably keep them for life.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

So again I must visit this post- Now these things just pop into my weird way of looking a things.

So ya die-
Then turned to ashes-
Then dumped in the sea
Fish eats some ash
Fish gets caught
Fish on the dinner table
Fat lady loves fish - gives her gas though

Chemical content of a human fart Nitrogen: 20-90%
Hydrogen: 0-50% (flammable)
Flatus often stinks! There are several chemicals that contribute to the smell of farts:
•skatole (by-product of meat digestion)
•indole (by-product of meat digestion)
•methanethiol (a sulfur compound)
•dimethyl sulfide (a sulfur compound)
•hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg odor, flammable)
•volatile amines
•short chain fatty acids
•feces (if present in the rectum)
•bacteria

You get blown out her ass.
Up you go and mix with the atmosphere-
Back you come after some interaction with various chemicals in the air.
Part of a rain drop that lands on the crack of the ass of that very same fat lady sunbathing on the beach.
I have to stop now. I cannot take the laughing any more.

Circle of life??

L Gilbert
+1

Oh my- Another one just popped into my head. Oh my.........

Uhoh. I may have to change my plans. lol

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

Uhoh. I may have to change my plans. lol

Oh that was a great big belly laugh.

Niflmir
If my wishes after death were to be respected I'd be fed to animals or donated to necrophiliacs.

I hope my friends and family remember me (the lunatic), not my body.

TenPenny
+1
My parents were both cremated, and their ashes are buried in one plot. The only reason to have a burial is to have a place for us family to go visit - and in this case, it's overlooking the river where their cottage is. When my kids ask what to do with me, I have no idea.

eh1eh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Niflmir View Post

If my wishes after death were to be respected I'd be fed to animals or donated to necrophiliacs.

I get it. Go out with a bang.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by Niflmir View Post

Me cremate- my daughter told me to watch my health- quit smoking or I would not be around for the grandkids weddings- I told her to keep me in the urn- place it on the head table at the wedding reception- why they would talk about that wedding for the next 100 years.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

There are other ways of disposing of a body. Im an organ doner, so they can take what they want and give the rest to science. At least then it may be somewhat useful. Cremation has been slowly becoming more popular over the last 20-25 years. Thats an easy option to solve the problem.

Space for burying was bound to run out eventually. Its not such a bad thing. Given the stuff embalmers put in the bodies its probably best that they dont wind up in the ground. Most of my family plans on going that route.

There's also the option of doing what they did in Paris when the city expanded over a cemetary. Exhume the bodies and stack the bones in catacombs. I imagine that wouldn't be too popular though as it would mean screwing with other people's graves.

I did the same thing years ago. They can take what they want burn the rest and spread the ashes over Johstone Straight.

Kakato
I grew up in between 2 graveyards,I'll do the cremation thing thanks.
Neighbors were quiet though and never complained about the noise.

JLM

With the elder population growing so fast will we soon run out of room to bury our dead. We are competing with population growth and death rates. What is going to happen to available space? Where willbe bury our dead?

London - Britain Rapidly Running Out Of Space to Bury Dead -- VosIzNeias.com

Israel is Running Out of Space to Bury its Dead » Matzav.com - The Online Voice of Torah Jewry

What percentage of real estate is taken up by cemetaries?

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by Kakato View Post

I grew up in between 2 graveyards,I'll do the cremation thing thanks.
Neighbors were quiet though and never complained about the noise.

Dead quiet I would say- Except for those teenagers that went there to have a drink and party.

Kakato

Dead quiet I would say- Except for those teenagers that went there to have a drink and party.

That was on our land behind the graveyard,where the "big tree" was.I had a path beaten to that spot from the house.