Khadr is free

petros
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

The way I understand it is that had the government not paid him off, the case would have gone to court with the possibility of an even bigger price tag should he win. I guess it was a roll of the dice, pete.
When I heard he was getting his passport back, one of my first thoughts was 'he better not travel to any country that has an extradition treaty with the US.

We have such a treaty.

Claiming he was "just a boy" and "sleep deprived" then paying $10.5 to the murderer is absolutely f-cked.

How much is he donating to the Legion before somebody offs him?

Kreskin
+3
I hope he recruits Trudeau for a one-way trip to the ME.

Hoid

The way I understand it is that had the government not paid him off, the case would have gone to court with the possibility of an even bigger price tag should he win. I guess it was a roll of the dice, pete.
When I heard he was getting his passport back, one of my first thoughts was 'he better not travel to any country that has an extradition treaty with the US.

Because the US could get him again?

It took them 8 years of begging to get us to take him off their hands ffs.

Serryah

Only post that makes sense out of this entire thread.

IMO Khadr shouldn't be going anywhere even if he has his passport. Nor should he be allowed to visit family who have questionable ties to any suspected terrorist or terrorist linked organizations.

Free with restrictions because TBH, despite my belief that he didn't do what he was accused of, and his entire situation was a f-up by the US that was allowed by Canada, he still needs to be monitored if only for his own safety so we don't have to pull his azz out of any fires.

DaSleeper
+1
You expect Progs to physically defend him? Words are cheap!

pgs
+1

That was the spin , but do you really believe that ? I do not know the reason but I have never known our government shy away from a court fight . Even to the point of appeals all the way to the Supreme Court even when obvious they are fighting a losing battle . We may never know the real reason but that spin doesn’t wash with me .

petros
+1
The reason was "he was just a poor, innocent brainwashed, sleep deprived boy" when he murdered a medic.

It's our fault we never lined up to hug him before leaving to join al Qaeda with his father.

Like I said before. If US soldiers didn't hold the moral high ground he would have been a stain on the Afghan plains.