Cancer of Terrorism hits New Zealand


Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1
#1  Top Rated Post
New Zealand mosque attack death toll increases to 50

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/new-zea...o-50-1.4339214


Caring thoughts to all New Zealanders. You are family.
Will not presume the pain , grief and horror you are going through.

It is noteworthy that Trump was mentioned in the "manifesto"
 
Hoid
#2
also noteworthy that it was live streamed on facebook
 
DaSleeper
#3
See what Fakebook does to people?


Wouldn't want to be Cliffy's neighbor.... lol
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

also noteworthy that it was live streamed on facebook

indeed. compounding the horror.to a massive audience.
 
Hoid
#5
would he even have done it if he had no way to present it to the other white nattys?
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#6

Stories of the victims of the New Zealand mosque attack


https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/s...-mosque-attack
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#7
Gun owners voluntarily surrender weapons to police after New Zealand mosque massacre

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/03/aft..._notifications


they probably did not need them anyway.
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#8
Christchurch mosque shootings live: NZ bans military semi-automatic and assault rifles

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/chr...tchurch-mosque
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#9
Ladder ban to follow.
 
NZDoug
Free Thinker
#10
Don’t exist here.
https://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/...oard/Post.aspx
Last edited by NZDoug; Mar 21st, 2019 at 06:44 AM..Reason: Slep f u
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#11
Already happened, eh?
 
spaminator
#12
New Zealand police: Mosque shooter had planned third attack
Associated Press
Published:
March 20, 2019
Updated:
March 20, 2019 11:36 AM EDT
Security personnel walk on the site of funeral services in Christchurch, New Zealand, Wednesday, March 20, 2019. Mark Baker / AP
CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand — A father and son who fled the civil war in Syria for “the safest country in the world” were buried before hundreds of mourners Wednesday, the first funerals for victims of shootings at two mosques in New Zealand that horrified a nation known for being welcoming and diverse.
The funerals of Khalid Mustafa, 44, and Hamza Mustafa, 15, came five days after a white supremacist methodically gunned down 50 worshippers at two mosques in Christchurch — a massacre that he broadcast live on Facebook.
Police said Wednesday they believe he was on his way to a third attack when officers ran him off the road and arrested him. They declined to release any more details, citing the active investigation.
During the funerals, Hamza’s high school principal described the student as compassionate and hardworking, and said he was an excellent horse rider who aspired to be a veterinarian.
Those present included Hamza’s younger brother, 13-year-old Zaed, who was wounded in an arm and a leg during the attack. The boy tried to stand during the ceremony but had to sit back in his wheelchair, one mourner said.
Story continues below
This advertisement has not loaded yet,
but your article continues below.
“We tried to not shake his hand, and not touch his hand or his foot, but he refused, he wanted to shake everybody’s hand, he wanted to show everyone that he appreciated them. And that’s amazing,” said Jamil El-Biza, who travelled from Australia to attend the funeral.
The Mustafas had moved to New Zealand last year after spending six years as refugees in Jordan. Mustafa’s wife, Salwa, told Radio New Zealand that when the family asked about New Zealand they were told “it’s the safest country in the world, the most wonderful country you can go … you will start a very wonderful life there.”
She added, “But it wasn’t.”
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the family should have been safe.
“I cannot tell you how gutting it is to know that a family came here for safety and for refuge,” she said.
Four other burials were under way on Wednesday evening. Those victims include Junaid Ismail, Ashraf Ali and Lilik Abdul Hamid. The fourth victim’s name was suppressed by court order.
Families of those killed had been awaiting word on when they could bury their loved ones. Police Commissioner Mike Bush said police have now formally identified and released the remains of 21 of those killed. Islamic tradition calls for bodies to be cleansed and buried as soon as possible.
Also on Wednesday, a man accused of sharing video footage of Friday’s massacre was jailed by a judge until his next court appearance in mid-April. And Bush said he believes police officers stopped the gunman on his way to a third attack.
Ardern has been arguing against giving the accused gunman notoriety followed his move to represent himself in court, raising concerns he would attempt to use the trial as a platform for airing his racist views.
She revisited that concern during a visit Wednesday to the high school Hamza and another victim attended, where she asked students not to say the attacker’s name or dwell on him.
“Look after one another, but also let New Zealand be a place where there is no tolerance for racism,” she told students at Cashmere High School. “That’s something we can all do.”
Another Cashmere student, 14-year-old Sayyad Milne, also died in the attack.
Brenton Harrison Tarrant, a 28-year-old Australian man, has been charged with murder and is next scheduled to appear in court on April 5. Police have said they are certain Tarrant was the only gunman but are still investigating whether he had support from others.
Ardern previously has said reforms of New Zealand’s gun laws would be announced next week and she said an inquiry would be convened to look into the intelligence and security services’ failures to detect the risk from the attacker or his plans.
New Zealand’s international spy agency, the Government Communications Security Bureau, confirmed it had not received any relevant information or intelligence before the shootings.
Philip Arps, 44, appeared in a Christchurch court Wednesday on two charges of distributing the killer’s livestream video of the attack on the Al Noor mosque, the first mosque that was attacked, a violation of the country’s objectionable publications law. Each charge carries a maximum sentence of 14 years in prison.
Arps, heavily tattooed and dressed in a T-shirt and sweatpants, hasn’t entered a plea. He remained expressionless during the hearing, his hands clasped behind his back.
Judge Stephen O’Driscoll denied him bail.
Charging documents accuse Arps of distributing the video on Saturday, one day after the massacre.
Most details of bail hearings are suppressed under New Zealand law. The judge made an additional suppression order regarding the police summary of facts in the case, limiting reporting of the accusations to the charges themselves.
Bush, the police commissioner, said they believe they know where the gunman was going for a third attack when officers rammed his car off the road but won’t say more because it’s an active investigation.
In a 74-page manifesto he released before the attack, Tarrant said he was going to attack two mosques in Christchurch and then one in the town of Ashburton if he made it that far.
Bush also revised his timeline, saying officers rammed the suspect’s car 21 minutes after the first emergency call, rather than 36 minutes. Bush said FBI agents have travelled to New Zealand to help with the investigation.
Abizar Valibhai, of Christchurch, said Wednesday’s burials marked an important moment.
“It’s not only for the Muslim community, but for the whole of New Zealand, and the world as well,” he said. “If we don’t show our support at this time, when are we going to show it?”
He said there would be many waves of emotions to come for the families of the victims.
“They are fathers, they are mothers, they are brothers, they are sisters, they are wives,” he said. “There are a lot of things that will be shattered.”
http://torontosun.com/news/crime/new...d-third-attack
 
spaminator
#13
'Egg Boy' defends egging anti-Muslim Australian senator
Associated Press
Published:
March 25, 2019
Updated:
March 25, 2019 11:42 AM EDT
In this image made from video, a teen breaks an egg on the head of Australian Sen. Fraser Anning while he holds a press conference, Saturday, March 16, 2019, in Melbourne.AP
CANBERRA, Australia — An Australian teen known around the world as “Egg Boy” conceded on Monday that egging a far-right senator was not the right thing to do, but said the gesture united a world reeling from a white supremacist’s alleged massacre of 50 Muslims in New Zealand.
Will Connolly, 17, gave his first television interview since becoming an online hero among many for cracking an egg on Sen. Fraser Anning’s head as the maverick legislator spoke at a news conference after a gunman killed or wounded 100 worshippers at two Christchurch mosques on March 15.
Anning has been widely criticized for blaming Muslim immigration for the racist attacks.
Connolly said he was embarrassed that the international attention he had attracted with the egging, which was caught on video, had distracted attention from the victims in Christchurch.
“I understand what I did was not the right thing to do, however this egg has united people and money had been raised — tens of thousands of dollars has been raised for those victims,” Connolly told Ten Network television’s The Project program.
Story continues below
This advertisement has not loaded yet,
but your article continues below.
In this image made from video, Australian Sen. Fraser Anning swipes at a teenager who broke an egg on his head while he was holding a press conference, Saturday, March 16, 2019, in Melbourne. AP
A GoFundMe page set up to raise 2,000 Australia dollars ($1,907) to pay for Connolly’s “legal fees” and “more eggs” reached AU$80,000 on Monday.
Connolly said the money would go to Christchurch victims.
He said he hasn’t had time to think about how he will respond to offers from supporters such as a vacation in Turkey and a lifetime of free beer in Canada and Wales.
Australian Brenton Tarrant was arrested within an hour of the mosque shootings and has been charged with murder.
This image grab from a self-shot video that was streamed on Facebook Live on March 15, 2019 by the man who was involved in two mosque shootings in Christchurch shows the man in his car before he entered the Masjid al Noor mosque. He used the name Brenton Tarrant on social media. Handout / AFP / Getty Images
Anning came under blistering criticism over tweets within hours of the massacre, including one that said, “Does anyone still dispute the link between Muslim immigration and violence?”
“The real cause of the bloodshed on New Zealand streets today is the immigration program which allowed Muslim fanatics to migrate to New Zealand in the first place,” he said in a later statement.
Police say the egging constituted an assault. But police are also investigating Anning, who retaliated by striking Connolly twice, and Anning’s supporters who roughly pinned the boy to the ground. No charges have yet been laid.
Anning later defended his actions, telling reporters, “He got a slap across the face, which is what his mother should have given him long ago, because he’s been misbehaving badly.”
Connolly said his mother had not approved of the egging.
“There’s no reason to physically attack anyone. She’s glad I stood up for what I believe in; she definitely disagrees with the way I did it,” Connolly said.
The government and opposition party have agreed to pass a censure motion against Anning over his Christchurch comments when Parliament resumes next week.
While such a reprimand is a symbolic gesture, the major parties expect to demonstrate how isolated Anning’s views are among Australia’s 226 federal lawmakers. The major parties’ support ensures the censure motion will be passed by both chambers.
Connolly said he is tiring of his celebrity and the nickname by which he is known around the world.
“I always prefer Will. Egg Boy is getting pretty annoying to be honest,” Connolly said.
http://torontosun.com/news/crime/egg...ralian-senator