Truck driver assaults protester

Ludlow
I drive cross country a lot poor ole truckers walkin bow legged all the time it's a travesty. Limpin gimps all because of the hemors. It just ain't seemly.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

What do you want to know about them? As I recall they were built up to the early 60s. As I recall they had Continental engines and chain drive rear ends on the tandems. If you hunt around on one of the logging sites there is more info on them: 98 mans chokerbells & old logging pictures are two I visit.

My Dad drove a 1948 Diamond T logging truck from 1950 to 1955, but in all my years of driving I've never seen one since on the highways so have always wondered if there were many made. Of course that truck is long gone and the owner long dead.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

I drive cross country a lot poor ole truckers walkin bow legged all the time it's a travesty. Limpin gimps all because of the hemors. It just ain't seemly.

It is a ****ty job. That's why they'll hire anybody.

Ludlow
My dad was a trucker when he was a young man. Pulled up with a load for the grocery store one time and the manager went up to the cab and said " get the lead out and unload that truck.: My dad replied, " No...you get the lead out and then he quit his job and never worked a steady job again>LOL.~ Get the lead out bummer.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

It is a ****ty job. That's why they'll hire anybody.

So what you're saying there is hope for you to get a job and quit collecting welfare..

Good for you..

Or maybe you should get a degree in Computer programming (coding) or something, sit behind a desk for the rest of your life and make $300,000 + a year.

Unless you prefer the open road and travelling

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

So what you're saying there is hope for you to get a job and quit collecting welfare..

Good for you.. maybe you should get a degree in Computer programming (coding) or something, sit behind a desk for the rest of your life and make $300,000 + a year.

Unless you prefer the open road.

I have the best of both. I work in my office, my home office, my service truck or water plants. It's wonderful having options. It's also a career in demand because there aren't a lot of qualified people

B00Mer
+1

I have the best of both. I work in my office, my home office, my service truck or water plants. It's wonderful having options. It's also a career in demand because there aren't a lot of qualified people

You water plants for a living... LOL

Cannuck

You water plants for a living... LOL

See, I said command of the English language isn't a requirement to drive a truck.

B00Mer
+1

See, I said command of the English language isn't a requirement to drive a truck.

You're as Dumb as a Potted Plant ...

Cannuck

Don't be silly. You're the truck driver here.

JLM

Quite revolting there Boomer. Maybe you should consider using Prep H,,,and,,,NAIR.

One things for certain though. Anyone able to take that selfie is displaying remarkable dexterity no question about it.

Just a wee bit too much information there.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+2
JLM, I don't know about Diamond T. I drive truck, have done so for a number of years and learned a great deal along the way, but for me it is just a job. My passions lay in other things, including writing, art, photography and even podcasting. I would never cut up people in the industry, because I have met too many descent hard working people and it has served me well since leaving the military. It was a job, but it also served to put my kids through school, helped me in buying three homes and even inspired me to write my second book.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

What do you want to know about them? As I recall they were built up to the early 60s. As I recall they had Continental engines and chain drive rear ends on the tandems. If you hunt around on one of the logging sites there is more info on them: 98 mans chokerbells & old logging pictures are two I visit.

I see Diamond T also built pickups back in the 40s and 50s yet I don't recall ever seeing a pickup on the road or have ever seen a dealership anywhere. I'm beginning to wonder if they were ever sold commercially in Canada. Many years ago when I was discussing them with someone, I was told they were the "Cadillac" of trucks. They were a much smaller truck than the Kenworth or the Hayes, I would guess.

Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

JLM, I don't know about Diamond T. I drive truck, have done so for a number of years and learned a great deal along the way, but for me it is just a job. My passions lay in other things, including writing, art, photography and even podcasting. I would never cut up people in the industry, because I have met too many descent hard working people and it has served me well since leaving the military. It was a job, but it also served to put my kids through school, helped me in buying three homes and even inspired me to write my second book.

And I'd say you've lived your life well. Kudos!

AnnaG
+1

What do you do for a living Anna?

I look after my chickens and fruit trees. my hobby is amateur embalming. I am pretty fast and good with the mini excavator, too.

personal touch

What do you do for a living Anna?

Smiling deviously

I know many educated and intelligent truck drivers. Good friend of mine was a pilot. Another one an RCMP Officer. Another guy worked as insurance rep and after he retired wanted to try his hand at the ice roads and hung around. I guess that's why I find Cannnuck so pathetic, because he is just saying so to bait people and I find him sort of sad for that reason. It was a blatant troll, but he brings little else to the forum.

no worries,in reality this forum about bringing little to the table of dialogue,you are in lone company if you believe anything else,this is little truth to this forum,made up identities,,imposters,rubber necks,big word users,women hating individuals,i could go on but i will spare you.so what if you get into a bait dialogues,know your boundries,and besides "a friend is someone you have not met yet".don't be afraid of being baited,i think the world is made up of nice people.
i am sorry you thought anything else,sorry for the bad news

Ludlow
I never trust truck drivers they look like haints in the truck stops.

JLM

I never trust truck drivers they look like haints in the truck stops.

Whatever a haint is!

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Whatever a haint is!

a haint is a ghost with dark circles under his eyes.

In the immortal words of my late uncle when he had his CB ,,or whatever you call it in his bedroom,, " All truckers are fukkers".

JLM

a haint is a ghost with dark circles under his eyes.

In the immortal words of my late uncle when he had his CB ,,or whatever you call it in his bedroom,, " All truckers are fukkers".

You learn sumpin new every day!

JLM

Excellent description of the turkey. Why didn't I think of that? Keep up the good work. Maybe if we stick together we can run this Asshole off the forum!

DaSleeper
+1

Dream on

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Dream on

That's a good one and is applicable to certain people.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Excellent description of the turkey. Why didn't I think of that? Keep up the good work. Maybe if we stick together we can run this Asshole off the forum!

You Trumpites always want to stifle opposing opinions