Trudeau and His Bromides

Hoof Hearted
+2
#1  Top Rated Post
Bromide-
  1. a trite and unoriginal idea or remark, typically intended to soothe or placate.
    "feel-good bromides create the illusion of problem solving"

A commentator on the news Radio this morning said Trudeau resorted to 'bromides' when pressed on hard questions from reporters. I thought the observation was bang on.
This was a new word to my ears and thought it was totally on the mark.

White_Unifier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

Bromide-

1. a trite and unoriginal idea or remark, typically intended to soothe or placate.
    "feel-good bromides create the illusion of problem solving"
    A commentator on the news Radio this morning said Trudeau resorted to 'bromides' when pressed on hard questions from reporters. I thought the observation was bang on.
This was a new word to my ears and thought it was totally on the mark.

He's been repeating the same bromides since the last election, whether in Question Period or elsewhere. I'm just surprised he hasn't yet become bored from repeating himself so much.

Hoof Hearted
The news guy likened Trudeau's comments to the inspirational posters of cats that children have in their bedrooms! lol!.

White_Unifier
His local constituents must be very embarrassed if he's the best they could find.

Hoid
A Canadian Prime minister who talks to the media?

pgs
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

A Canadian Prime minister who talks to the media?

Talks , talks and talks , funny though he never says anything .

MHz
Makes you wonder what an asshole Harper must have been to lose to JT, Right??

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Canadians should remember at election time the old adage....

Fool me once "shame on you" fool me twice "shame on me"

I'm willing to bet that Hoid will still vote Liberal!

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Of course he does. He repeats the same schpeel about how we're all one big happy family.

Jinentonix
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Well, both Groper and the NDP had the benefit of some help from Obama. Plus the money good ol' Garbage Soros flooded into an election that was none of his f*cking business.

Which makes it hilarious listening to the peanut gallery piss and moan about Russian interference in the US election but sure give good ol' US interference in our election a pass because the human Unicorn Fart was elected.

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Well, both Groper and the NDP had the benefit of some help from Obama. Plus the money good ol' Garbage Soros flooded into an election that was none of his f*cking business.
Which makes it hilarious listening to the peanut gallery piss and moan about Russian interference in the US election but sure give good ol' US interference in our election a pass because the human Unicorn Fart was elected.

Maybe, you'll get lucky this time and the Russians will help you out.

MHz
Make a 'Vote for Putin' store and you would probably be in the black on election day. Which path do you tale when the labels are 'bad' and 'worse than bad'. When viewed as 'a soap opera for the masses' all news on a global scale is just that, something to keep 'the flock' from seeing how incompetent 'the shepherds' are. Stretch out a slow news day events are the easiest to spot, that being said there is a limit to how long people can be distracted so this year should see some very big changes centered around the ones who intend to grab power for 100's if years no matter how unsuited they are for the task. Even they know they are frail when it comes to being able to defeat Murphy's Law. (let alone have more authority than God in what the future holds for 'His people'). Passover is the next big event this year and then the Sept year change so those are the dates I will be expecting 'unusual events' to happen that are 'path changers'. Tic-toc, . . .

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Maybe, you'll get lucky this time and the Russians will help you out.

As much as Russia has helped out the US news media the last few years? Imagine all that was 'dead air', would America have woken up ???

DaSleeper
path do you tale when they are frail when than God in the task. Even then they are they know the dates I will be in what being able to how incompetent the ones who intend the ones who intend to defeat Murphy's Law. (let alone have more and 'worse the dates I will be in what are. Stretch out a slow news day events are frail when it comes to keep 'the shepherds' are frail when it comes to grab power for 'His people'). Passover is just to keep 'the labels are they are the next big events are the future

have woken up ???
up ???
l that was 'dead air', would America has helped out the last few years? Imagine all that was 'dead air', would America have woken up ???
ould America has helped out the US news media the US news media the last few years? Imagine all that was 'dead air', would America have woken up ???
would America has helped out the US ne
Last edited by DaSleeper; Mar 8th, 2019 at 08:18 AM..

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

One that wasn't a national embarrassment.