2018 deaths of noteables


coldstream
#181
GHWB (rip) - one of the uninterrupted litany of mediocrities that occupied the Oval Office inclusive between Nixon and Obama. They were Neocons or Neolibs, only superficially distinguishable. They were all agents of the Pax Americana with its motto of 'make the world safe for democracy' but really meant make the world safe for American capitalism.

Globalism, free trade, laissez-faire, privatization, monetarism, foreign intrigue and military intervention . It all came home to roost in a moribund domestic economy; deindustrialization, financial rule, cultural disintegration, polarization of wealth and a collapsing world economic order. Bit of a disaster really. He struck me a someone who would look at home in a nautical outfit at the Kennebunkport Yacht Club. The Whitehouse was a vast overreach; but he's certainly not alone in that.
 
DaSleeper
+1
#182
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Of course it did Dear.

With you calling for my death in public would you go to jail if I did a suicide right so you were left holding the bag, that would be a win for me, Yes???


We might have a party.....
But you're not Irish
We could make an exception for a sand nigger lover.....
 
MHz
#183
I prefer to piss in your face while you still know it's happening, like I do to all racist pigs.

That's just me though you do whatever turns your crank. I won't recall you, ever, how does that make you feel after all the energy you have spent so far telling me that I don't matter in your world.
 
petros
#184
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Of course it did Dear.
With you calling for my death in public would you go to jail if I did a suicide right so you were left holding the bag, that would be a win for me, Yes???

Well yeah. The Mossad has your number. They inoculated your basement with mold and blocked the back venting on your plumbing so sewer gasses permeated your abode.

Did you think it was natural?
 
JLM
-1
#185
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

I’ve never owned a horse. However, there are many thin-skinned posters on this forum.


And if you quit dumping those f**KIng "reds" on me I won't consider you one of them!
 
DaSleeper
#186
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Well yeah. The Mossad has your number. They inoculated your basement with mold and blocked the back venting on your plumbing so sewer gasses permeated your abode.

Did you think it was natural?

Naah.....what it was ... his dogs would shit in the basement because he was to lazy to bring them outside....


And his constant rants against the Jews is not racist....naaah!
 
petros
+1
#187
More issues than Time magazine.
 
DaSleeper
+1
#188
Htends to highjack every thread he can with his personal issues...


eg. http://forums.canadiancontent.net/sh...t=sewer&page=3


Started to make it all about him after page thrree
 
Curious Cdn
#189
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Everyone serves, just in different ways!

I'll have fries with that, please.
 
MHz
#190
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

More issues than Time magazine.

The issue you shouldn't have tossed away is the 'Times Up' issue.
How does that make you feel.
 
MHz
#191
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I'll have fries with that, please.

The standard double heaping of crow??
 
Curious Cdn
#192
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

The standard double heaping of crow??

I doubt that JLM understands the dynamic of what he posted to dine on that.
 
MHz
#193
It was me taking 'a pot shot'. Nothing to get stewed up about.
 
JLM
#194
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I doubt that JLM understands the dynamic of what he posted to dine on that.


"Dynamic" is rather a big word for you! Get back in your f**king sandbox!
 
MHz
#195
Should be 'plural' Yes??
 
Blackleaf
#196
Buzzcocks singer Pete Shelley dies at 63

6 December 2018
BBC News



Pete Shelley, co-founded the Buzzcocks, one of the UK's best known punk bands in the 70s


Buzzcocks lead singer Pete Shelley has died at 63 of a suspected heart attack.

The punk band are best known for their hit, Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've).

Their management told the BBC that Shelley died on Thursday in Estonia where he was living.

BBC music correspondent Lizo Mzimba said Buzzcocks, who formed in Bolton in the 1970s, were regarded as more polished, but musically no less influential, than the Sex Pistols.

The band have tweeted saying Shelley was "one of the UK's most influential and prolific songwriters and co-founder of the seminal original punk band Buzzcocks".

His music inspired generations of musicians over a five-decade career with his band and as a solo artist, they said.

The Charlatans' singer Tim Burgess said Shelley's "perfect three-minute pop songs" were "the soundtrack to being a teenager".



Teenage Fanclub singer Norman Blake tweeted how important Shelley's songs had been in his youth, and remained so today.



And singer Tracey Thorn, formerly of Everything But The Girl, said Shelley had been an "amazing songwriter".



The author Neil Gaiman tweeted "part of my youth dies with him".


Steve Diggle, John Maher, Pete Shelley and Steve Garvey, left to right, in a 1978 photoshoot

Music critic Stephen Thomas Erlewine said Buzzcocks were one of the most influential bands to emerge in the initial wave of punk rock, with echoes of their music in everyone from Hüsker Dü to Nirvana.

"The Buzzcocks were inspired by the Sex Pistols' energy, yet they didn't copy the Pistols' angry political stance," he wrote in AllMusic.

"Instead, they brought that intense, brilliant energy to the three-minute pop song. Shelley's alternately funny and anguished lyrics about adolescence and love were some of the best and smartest of his era."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51OB2YoC4sg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46476369
 
Walter
+1
#197
Penny Marshall, 'Laverne & Shirley' Star Turned Director, Dies at 75
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...star-75-686405

RIP
 
MHz
#198
Happy sailing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRa4X07jdE


The music at some people's demise will be more like this hymn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mizo55muY2I
 
Curious Cdn
+1
#199
Bye Lavoyne.
 
JLM
#200
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Bye Lavoyne.


I believe her name was Laverne.
 
Curious Cdn
#201
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I believe her name was Laverne.

I believe that you have a broom handle stuck up your arse.
 
spaminator
#202
Romanian-Canadian singer Anca Pop dies after car plunges into Danube River
Associated Press
Published:
December 18, 2018
Updated:
December 18, 2018 4:09 PM EST
BUCHAREST, Romania — Anca Pop, a Romanian-Canadian singer-songwriter, has died after her car plunged into the Danube River. She was 34.
Emergency authorities identified her body after divers found her car late Monday in southwestern Romania. Her sister alerted police after she failed to arrive at the family home Sunday evening. Police said Tuesday they were investigating the death of Pop.
Pop’s style was a fusion of Balkan and mainstream pop. She had a big following in Japan.
She also collaborated with Bosnian musician Goran Bregovic on his “Champagne for Gypsies” album.
In 1987, Pop fled communist Romania with her family, crossing the Danube into then-Yugoslavia where they became political refugees. Months later, they emigrated to Canada.
After communism ended, she returned to Romania. This year she caused a stir by revealing she was in a same-sex relationship, in a society which can be intolerant of homosexuality.
She is survived by her parents and sister.
http://torontosun.com/entertainment/...o-danube-river
anca pop remix
 
Walter
#203
Audrey Geisel, widow of Dr. Seuss, dies at age 97
https://www.oann.com/audrey-geisel-w...ies-at-age-97/

RIP
 
MHz
#204
JT might be a one term wonder. Is the right thread for that news?
https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/...ustin-trudeau/

Josh Sigurdson reports on the recent news of Trudeau’s all-time low approval rating! From a 46% approval rating last December to a 35% approval today, it doesn’t look good for Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
Most people cite the massive deficit and absolutely enormous taxes as the reason they do not approve of Justin Trudeau. And the best part? Only 8% of Canadians “STRONGLY support” Justin Trudeau while 39% of Canadians “STRONGLY disapprove” of the Liberal Prime Minister.
The poll was conducted by Angus Reid.
 
JLM
#205
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I believe that you have a broom handle stuck up your arse.


I think you have one stuck through your brain, Idiot!
 
Curious Cdn
#206
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I think you have one stuck through your brain, Idiot!

What can I say?

You're as witty as Wilde.
 
Curious Cdn
#207
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Audrey Geisel, widow of Dr. Seuss, dies at age 97
https://www.oann.com/audrey-geisel-w...ies-at-age-97/
RIP

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss
 
Blackleaf
#208
Ex-Lib Dem leader Paddy Ashdown dies aged 77

BBC News
23 December 2018



Ex-Liberal Democrats leader Paddy Ashdown has died aged 77 after a short illness, a party spokesperson has said.

The former MP for Yeovil, who "made an immeasurable contribution to furthering the cause of liberalism", passed away on Saturday evening, a statement said.

Lib Dem leader Sir Vince Cable said Lord Ashdown had "made a real mark" on Parliament and it was "a hugely sad day".

Lord Ashdown was diagnosed with bladder cancer in October.

While his real name was Jeremy John Durham Ashdown, he was nicknamed Paddy when he moved to England, after spending his childhood years in Northern Ireland.

The longest serving leader of the Lib Dems in its history, Lord Ashdown led the party between 1988 and 1999, when it became a growing force in UK politics.

After standing down as an MP in 2001, he served as the United Nations' high representative in Bosnia-Herzegovina, helping steer the country through its post-war reconstruction.

Former Lib Dem leader and ex-deputy PM Sir Nick Clegg said Lord Ashdown was "the most heartfelt person I have known".

"Paddy was the reason I entered politics," he said.

"He was the reason I became a liberal. And he became a lifelong mentor, friend and guide."

'A remarkable life'


Born in Delhi in 1941, Ashdown served in the Royal Marines between 1959 and 1972

People from outside of politics also paid tribute to the politician.

Monty Python actor John Cleese tweeted that it was "really terrible" news, while scientist and TV presenter Prof Brian Cox said Lord Ashdown had lived "a remarkable life".

Comedian Matt Forde also tweeted: "Really sad to hear about the passing of Paddy Ashdown. He was one of the great politicians of my lifetime, a proper heavyweight.

"His pragmatism never got in the way of his principles. He was also a great laugh. We need more politicians like Paddy, not less. RIP."

Lord Ashdown made headlines saying he would "eat his hat" if the 2015 exit poll was right - it was.

Former Lib Dem leader Tim Farron said: "Paddy Ashdown was a hero to me, he saved and revived the Liberal Democrats at our lowest ebb, and then led us to our best result for 70 years.

"As a movement, we owe him our very existence."

Sir Vince said Lord Ashdown was "a great inspiration".

"He was full of life, full of ideas," he told BBC News.

"Only three months ago he was absolutely buzzing with energy and ideas at our party conference".

Former Lib Dem leader Lord Steel said Lord Ashdown had transformed the party from one with just a handful of seats to being "a really influential party in Parliament".

Lord Steel added: "The last time I spoke to him was just two or three weeks back, it was about the books he was writing.

"He was starting to carve out a new career as a really, very interesting author on books really to do with the Second World War, located in France, where, of course, he had a holiday house."


Lord Ashdown campaigned with then-leader Nick Clegg ahead of the 2015 general election


The party's leader in the House of Lords, Dick Newby, said Lord Ashdown was "a natural leader" who "kept the Liberal Democrats alive in our early years".

Prime Minister Theresa May said Lord Ashdown "served his country with distinction" in both his military and political careers.

"He dedicated his life to public service and he will be sorely missed," she said.

Former Labour prime minister Tony Blair said he admired the former Lib Dem leader "as a man and as a political visionary and leader".

He said: "He had courage, personal and political, unafraid to speak his mind yet always open to the views of others. He was one of the least tribal politicians I have ever known."


Former Tory PM John Major and ex-Labour PM Tony Blair have paid tribute to Lord Ashdown

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46662546
 
Curious Cdn
#209
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Ex-Lib Dem leader Paddy Ashdown dies aged 77
BBC News
23 December 2018

Ex-Liberal Democrats leader Paddy Ashdown has died aged 77 after a short illness, a party spokesperson has said.
The former MP for Yeovil, who "made an immeasurable contribution to furthering the cause of liberalism", passed away on Saturday evening, a statement said.
Lib Dem leader Sir Vince Cable said Lord Ashdown had "made a real mark" on Parliament and it was "a hugely sad day".
Lord Ashdown was diagnosed with bladder cancer in October.
While his real name was Jeremy John Durham Ashdown, he was nicknamed Paddy when he moved to England, after spending his childhood years in Northern Ireland.
The longest serving leader of the Lib Dems in its history, Lord Ashdown led the party between 1988 and 1999, when it became a growing force in UK politics.
After standing down as an MP in 2001, he served as the United Nations' high representative in Bosnia-Herzegovina, helping steer the country through its post-war reconstruction.
Former Lib Dem leader and ex-deputy PM Sir Nick Clegg said Lord Ashdown was "the most heartfelt person I have known".
"Paddy was the reason I entered politics," he said.
"He was the reason I became a liberal. And he became a lifelong mentor, friend and guide."
'A remarkable life'

Born in Delhi in 1941, Ashdown served in the Royal Marines between 1959 and 1972
People from outside of politics also paid tribute to the politician.
Monty Python actor John Cleese tweeted that it was "really terrible" news, while scientist and TV presenter Prof Brian Cox said Lord Ashdown had lived "a remarkable life".
Comedian Matt Forde also tweeted: "Really sad to hear about the passing of Paddy Ashdown. He was one of the great politicians of my lifetime, a proper heavyweight.
"His pragmatism never got in the way of his principles. He was also a great laugh. We need more politicians like Paddy, not less. RIP."
Lord Ashdown made headlines saying he would "eat his hat" if the 2015 exit poll was right - it was.
Former Lib Dem leader Tim Farron said: "Paddy Ashdown was a hero to me, he saved and revived the Liberal Democrats at our lowest ebb, and then led us to our best result for 70 years.
"As a movement, we owe him our very existence."
Sir Vince said Lord Ashdown was "a great inspiration".
"He was full of life, full of ideas," he told BBC News.
"Only three months ago he was absolutely buzzing with energy and ideas at our party conference".
Former Lib Dem leader Lord Steel said Lord Ashdown had transformed the party from one with just a handful of seats to being "a really influential party in Parliament".
Lord Steel added: "The last time I spoke to him was just two or three weeks back, it was about the books he was writing.
"He was starting to carve out a new career as a really, very interesting author on books really to do with the Second World War, located in France, where, of course, he had a holiday house."

Lord Ashdown campaigned with then-leader Nick Clegg ahead of the 2015 general election

The party's leader in the House of Lords, Dick Newby, said Lord Ashdown was "a natural leader" who "kept the Liberal Democrats alive in our early years".
Prime Minister Theresa May said Lord Ashdown "served his country with distinction" in both his military and political careers.
"He dedicated his life to public service and he will be sorely missed," she said.
Former Labour prime minister Tony Blair said he admired the former Lib Dem leader "as a man and as a political visionary and leader".
He said: "He had courage, personal and political, unafraid to speak his mind yet always open to the views of others. He was one of the least tribal politicians I have ever known."

Former Tory PM John Major and ex-Labour PM Tony Blair have paid tribute to Lord Ashdown
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46662546

The Brits would rather have a knob like Tony Blair as their Prime minister rather than a competent human being like Paddy Ashton.
 
Blackleaf
#210
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

The Brits would rather have a knob like Tony Blair as their Prime minister rather than a competent human being like Paddy Ashton.

There's no way Blair would get anywhere near office now. It was different, though, back in 1997 after 18 years of Tory rule and the Labour leader was a young, handsome ladies' man leading a rejuventated party that was no longer the Far Left socialist party of the 1970s and early 80s because it had been transformed into a far more desirable centre-right party.

As for the Liberal Democrats, they were created in 1988 through the merger of the old Liberal Party and the Social Democratic Party (SDP). Ashdown was their first leader. But there's no way they will be elected to form a government on their own. Too loony lefty to be electable. The only time they've been in government was in a coalition with the Tories between 2010 and 2015 when their then leader Nick Clegg was Deputy PM.
 

Similar Threads

0
Rumor in 2018
by Sorrow | Dec 26th, 2017
0
Transfer 2018
by Sorrow | Dec 22nd, 2017