Manitoba woman alleges body shaming after spa refuses to do pedicure

spaminator
Manitoba woman alleges body shaming after spa refuses to do pedicure | Canada |

Tecumsehsbones
Pedicures are a right, not a privilege!

darkbeaver
Chubbies should be taxed into reduced states until they fit standard issue furniture.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
#4  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Chubbies should be taxed into reduced states until they fit standard issue furniture.

I prefer the Procrustean bed.

TenPenny
+1
If she won't fit in the goddam chair, what's the spa supposed to do?

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

If she won't fit in the goddam chair, what's the spa supposed to do?

What part of "the Procrustean bed" are you not getting?

TenPenny
I like the stirrups myself.

Tecumsehsbones

DO NOT WANT to hear about your love life.

taxslave

Hi oh silver. Or Jack or Bob or bill.....

captain morgan
Read the article and couldn't help but think that it's a small miracle that this lady wasn't looking into anal bleaching.... I'm guessing that she'd be just as disappointed

B00Mer
So they have Liability insurance and didn't want to get sued.. smart company.. it's ashamed she took it personal..

That said I have just 2 words for her.. Jenny Craig.

...or better yet.. and it works.. 65LBS lighter

[youtube]Gv3vEXy_EwU[/youtube]

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

mentalfloss

Murphy
Prime Minister Cretien proposed that, in order to reduce or eliminate world hunger, the skinny impoverished people should eat the fat, lazy ones. Doing so eliminates some health concerns found in chunky people, eases the difficulties of food production and redistributes wealth.

Win-win!

Murphy
And also, what ever happened to the days when people just disappeared under the manure pile behind the barn?

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

And also, what ever happened to the days when people just disappeared under the manure pile behind the barn?

Nowhere ...

.... why?

....What do you do?

Murphy
We don't let our problems get out of hand.

Curious Cdn

We don't let our problems get out of hand.

Ah ....

Hire someone else to do it.

Murphy
That's silly, and a very urban way to handle ones problems.

Curious Cdn

That's silly, and a very urban way to handle ones problems.

Lot's of manure piles, here in Suburbia.

Johnnny
Like if its mostly genetic and she is stuck with the weight no matter how hard she tries, then my comment doesn't apply.

The only person body shaming this woman is the same woman with the over weight body. For **** sakes eat healthier, go for more exercise... If she doesn't care enough to change her weight/health than obviously its not a big problem for her so likewise she shouldn't accuse everyone of shaming her because they can't accommodate her, shes choosing to be like this . Accommodate yourself and get healthy!!!
Last edited by Johnnny; May 5th, 2017 at 06:42 PM..

Murphy
It is a private business. It has the right to refuse customers. If, in the opinion of the staff, she would not fit in the chair, or worse, damage it, then service should be refused. Two things:

1. Had she damaged the chair, who pays for a replacement? Do you think the customer would have ponied up the cash? No, she would not. And the spa would have been out the cost of the chair, and the lost revenue for the time the chair was out of commission. Those chairs aren't cheap.

2. Liability. If the customer has an accident and is injured by the chair for not being able to support her weight, would she have sued the establishment? Based on the crabbing she did on her Facebook page, it is reasonable to assume she would have gone after the business for financial compensation.

If it goes any farther than crabbing on Facebook, if I was the spa, I'd sue her into the stone age for impugning the reputation of my business. It's one thing to be angry because she was refused service. It's quite another if she slanders the spa in public.

It doesn't matter why she's fat. Whether she eats too much or has a glandular condition, the fact remains that serving her could cost the business more financially than they can afford.