90 arrests, 257 charges laid in Toronto marijuana dispensary raids

Locutus
that's a shame.

Toronto police say 90 people were arrested and 257 charges laid after authorities conducted a raid operation targeting 43 marijuana dispensaries across the city on Thursday.

Chief Chief Mark Saunders said search warrants were executed after letters were sent out to store fronts on May 18 advising them of city zoning bylaw violations and operating outside Canada’s medical marijuana regulations.

“If you don’t have a licence from Health Canada and you’re distributing marijuana it’s unlawful,” Saunders said during a press conference Friday morning.

mo

90 arrests, 257 charges laid in Toronto marijuana dispensary raids | Globalnews.ca

lone wolf
+2 / -1
Until the left hand gets the idea of what the right hand is doing, Canada will remain a dysfunctional entity

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Until the left hand gets the idea of what the right hand is doing, Canada will remain a dysfunctional entity

WHat dysfunction? They were not licensed to sell pot. If you don't have a license to dispense medical marijuana then you are a drug dealer. Plain and simple. Marijuana is still illegal in this country and until the HoC changes the law, that is the way it is.

lone wolf
Define dysfunction

gerryh

Define dysfunction

You are the one that used the term. I asked for clarification. What dysfunction?

lone wolf
The answer's right in the post - left hand not knowing what the right's doing - as in lack of communication between fed/prov/mun govts being a cash cow in the confusion.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1

The answer's right in the post - left hand not knowing what the right's doing - as in lack of communication between fed/prov/mun govts being a cash cow in the confusion.

The Fed has not done anything to make grass legal. If you believe Justin, it will be next April .... assuming he can get everybody to sit in their assigned seats that is.

bill barilko
+1
Well all the money generated keep some lawyers in Cocaine and that's really what it's about.

Angstrom
You have to follow due process. These folks are jumping the gun.

lone wolf
+3
#10  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

You have to follow due process. These folks are jumping the gun.

Yup ... they are. People add their own ideas to the mix then half-a*s themselves into trouble every time. That's not just in dope deals/therapy either. Just read this Forum....

Johnnny
MY question now is that i know of a few people who got these cards from these shops. All it entailed was talking to some doctor on skype and getting the card right then and there...

Bang you guy buy weed

The process seem expedited in my opinion, was the process also legal?

bill barilko
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

MY question now is that i know of a few people who got these cards from these shops. All it entailed was talking to some doctor on skype and getting the card right then and there...Bang you...buy weed
The process seem expedited in my opinion, was the process also legal?

No not even close.

The difference is that here in Vancouver no one cares as long as they don't sell to juveniles or deal hard drugs-in Toronto people love to get their knickers in a twist.

Danbones
+2
Like shooting fish in a barrel.
While the real criminals run rampant
and un-apprehended.

tax guzzlers gotta look busy for the peeps

taxslave
+1
Funny how getting a permit from a bureaucrap makes something legal but not having the permit makes the same substance illegal. The fun part is that most of the people getting busted voted for trudOWE because he promised.

Cliffy
+2
No. Trudeau didn't lie. He didn't tell the whole truth, which is, only the corporate interests will be served by legalization. The little guys, the mom & pop grow shows for personal use, compassion clubs will be wiped out and Big Pharma will take control. Anybody who thought electing a liberal government would change things for the better were drinking the Kool Aid.

Ludlow
Potheads all over the fukkin place. Pretty soon those slugs won't even remember their fookin names.

Locutus
the weeds shop across the street from my shop was trading scripts for weeds sales for those healthy, in no pain, individuals. just pay your $50 to 'join their club', bring a narco scrip and yo yo yo.

if only these arseholes tried being grateful for small steps, played by the rules...maybe they'd still be able to pay the rent on their unbusiness place now.

c'est dommage

oh well, I'm over the hurt.

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

the weeds shop across the street from my shop was trading scripts for weeds sales for those healthy, in no pain, individuals. just pay your $50 to 'join their club', bring a narco scrip and yo yo yo.

if only these arseholes tried being grateful for small steps, played by the rules...maybe they'd still be able to pay the rent on their unbusiness place now.

c'est dommage

oh well, I'm over the hurt.

get off the herb Locus and get your mind right. And I mean, "right'

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

get off the herb Locus and get your mind right. And I mean, "right'

I'm reading your E-Harmony profile and enjoying a Corona. I'm good.

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

No. Trudeau didn't lie. He didn't tell the whole truth, which is, only the corporate interests will be served by legalization. The little guys, the mom & pop grow shows for personal use, compassion clubs will be wiped out and Big Pharma will take control. Anybody who thought electing a liberal government would change things for the better were drinking the Kool Aid.

We all knew that .

Danbones
haha
we need a green thumb smiley...
just sayin

MHz
I wonder what the damage will be when it is the last grocery store and the public is raiding it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

I'm reading your E-Harmony profile and enjoying a Corona. I'm good.

If that is a beer it is like Thunderbird wine, you don't advertise the name, you just say 'chilled wine' which means the couch has hold of you because you are so drunk but sleep missed the boat.

spaminator
Denver man shoots wife dead, blames edible pot candy | Crimewatchdaily.com

Uncuffed: Man sues pot dispensary after shooting wife while high | Crimewatchdaily.com

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Denver man shoots wife dead, blames edible pot candy | Crimewatchdaily.com

Uncuffed: Man sues pot dispensary after shooting wife while high | Crimewatchdaily.com

ah, the ol "debble made me do it" defense
worked for Christianity for thousands of years
Christianity used to be an illegal buzz too at one time

Locutus
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

haha
we need a green thumb smiley...
just sayin

looks a bit like a thumb.

MHz
Right length so the drawing is at least to scale, better cut back on that salty colloidal silver though.

Danbones
the oddest things grow in the garden of the mind

petros
+2
This is a good thing. Criminals with store fronts gotta go.

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

This is a good thing. Criminals with store fronts gotta go.

which bank or governmental office should they take down next?