Agw

gerryh
+3
Quick, someone get a hold of DiCaprio. It's Global warming.

2016 to be one of the coldest May long weekends in 40 years in Calgary | Globalnews.ca

EagleSmack
+3
All that is needed is a little more tweaking of the figures and a press release that says May was the hottest month ever recorded and the alarmists will be at ease.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+2
SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH It's Climate Change. AGW is so yesterday.

EagleSmack
+1
When the weather changes... it is because of man made climate change.

Jinentonix
+3
It's adorable when pitiful humans think they can prevent natural events from occurring. 90% of all life forms that have ever existed on this planet have gone extinct, the vast, vast majority due to natural events. Mass extinctions are the norm in the greater scheme of things.
Any mitigations we apply to climate change are only putting off the inevitable, assuming they'll do much of anything at all.

Angstrom
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

It's adorable when pitiful humans think they can prevent natural events from occurring. 90% of all life forms that have ever existed on this planet have gone extinct, the vast, vast majority due to natural events. Mass extinctions are the norm in the greater scheme of things.
Any mitigations we apply to climate change are only putting off the inevitable, assuming they'll do much of anything at all.

Judging on actual human intelligence and not our own self perceived grandios intelligence, I think trying to prevent anything will actually accelerate our own destruction. If we look and base facts what is happening to Ontario hydro and their effort to go green.

MHz
+4
#7  Top Rated Post
May long-weekend is classic for heavy snow and rain, if it is man-made is because of all the men going to the mountains for quading, this just them the mud they supposedly love.

The latest big lie about man made weather change comes from the South Pacific where it is promoted that rising sea levels is making 5 islands disappear while the other 10,000 are just fine. Perhaps they might want to see if the oceanic crust is sinking under those islands instead.

Jinentonix
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

May long-weekend is classic for heavy snow and rain, if it is man-made is because of all the men going to the mountains for quading, this just them the mud they supposedly love.

The latest big lie about man made weather change comes from the South Pacific where it is promoted that rising sea levels is making 5 islands disappear while the other 10,000 are just fine. Perhaps they might want to see if the oceanic crust is sinking under those islands instead.

There's been a LOT of earthquakes around there for the last year. Not necessarily big ones, but they occur quite regularly.
Meanwhile, a new island is starting to reveal itself in the Irish Sea.

MHz
As magma from the Pacific Rift moves eastward under the North American continent what are the odds that is caused an uplifting of the crust and that makes the rocks fracture creating voids. California has lots of room for underground aquifers that started out as voids in the crust and water filled them. same as in North Africa and the rain water would have soaked through the sand before filling the naturally formed caverns. Natural compared to the deception that water dissolves limestone, two things wrong with that, (1)you cannot drink water with lime (cement) in it and (2) there is no explanation of where the material went

tay
This is the warmest, driest May 24 I can recall. Perfect.

Used to camping or to a cottage for years and it was usually a flop.....

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

2016 to be one of the coldest May long weekends in 40 years in Calgary | Globalnews.ca

Not exactly summertime on the wetcoast either.

As magma from the Pacific Rift moves eastward under the North American continent what are the odds that is caused an uplifting of the crust and that makes the rocks fracture creating voids. California has lots of room for underground aquifers that started out as voids in the crust and water filled them. same as in North Africa and the rain water would have soaked through the sand before filling the naturally formed caverns. Natural compared to the deception that water dissolves limestone, two things wrong with that, (1)you cannot drink water with lime (cement) in it and (2) there is no explanation of where the material went

Use vodka or gin with the lime.

MHz
We still get off lucky because the 'bad weather' will be when this cold air meets the GOM air.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

This is the warmest, driest May 24 I can recall. Perfect.

Used to camping or to a cottage for years and it was usually a flop.....

You must spend May in the Arctic a lot cause it is ****ty here. ANd this is where tourists flock.

Johnnny
+1
Haha nice!!!! Even in Sudbury the last 2 weeks people have told me it's cooler than usual...

Also too people don't understand that the area around fort Mac is dry this time of year, sand don't hold water that well

MHz
Ft Mac is surrounded by swamp. That doesn't help prevent fires.
Snow in the eastern US.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bcavYkaTAc

Johnnny

Ft Mac is surrounded by swamp. That doesn't help prevent fires.
Snow in the eastern US.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bcavYkaTAc

If it ain't swamp it's sand

EagleSmack
+1
Alarmists be...

petros
+1

Last year I froze my nuts off in
Boissevain MB. Snow and freezing rain.

MHz
Suddenly the world seem a little safer.

petros

This year a whopping 13C seems sweltering here on the coast.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

This year a whopping 13C seems sweltering here on the coast.

Suddenly the world seem a little safer.

Danbones
Funny enough, I was just reading an apolologetic weatherman on the weathernetwork
seems their spring forecast was mostly off
Apparently computer models and those who read them have an awful lot of reasons why they might be wrong
houdda thunkit?

Dixie Cup
With the wind chill, this weekend has been the coldest it's been all winter as far as I'm concerned.

Came home early from camping cuz we just stayed inside the trailer - might as well come home and do something beneficial - like get my hair done LOL. Back to work tomorrow - and, of course, it's supposed to hit 20 sigh....figures!

MHz
I got used to wearing a jacket over the last few days, did the same this morning and I was a bucket of sweat in about 4 blocks. Good thing it was just for a BP test. (those pills seem to keep it normal no matter if I am 'resting' or sweating like hell after a longish walk. (just a coincident that muscle cramps in the calves started at the exact same time, right)