Dr Assisted Suicide and RCC Healthcare

PoliticalNick
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Why OD? Hypoxia only costs a nickel, the going rate for a plastic shopping bag. No Dr needed.

I'm not gonna stop you if that's how you want to go. I've even got a drawer full of bags to save you the nickel.

Quote:

No heaven if you kill yourself.

No heaven if you don't so it doesn't matter really.

petros
+1
I'll take what I get and ride it out to the end like a man.

Question; "If you knew your fate was going to be misery, would you go out early avoiding 80% or more of the agony, would you do yourself in early?"

I know my fate. I face this question.

Walter

Since when?

JLM

You don't actually believe that sh*t?

PoliticalNick

I'll take what I get and ride it out to the end like a man.

Question; "If you knew your fate was going to be misery, would you go out early avoiding 80% or more of the agony, would you do yourself in early?"

I know my fate. I face this question.

Based on my experience watching family members die slowly and the extra pain it caused them and the rest of the family I would go early. That is my personal choice and I recognize it is not the same choice for everyone but I'm not forcing a decision on others. I just support each individual as having the right to choose for themselves.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Since when?

Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

You don't actually believe that sh*t?

Many many people do believe that. It's not just a Christian thing.

Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

Based on my experience watching family members die slowly and the extra pain it caused them and the rest of the family I would go early. That is my personal choice and I recognize it is not the same choice for everyone but I'm not forcing a decision on others. I just support each individual as having the right to choose for themselves.

How early?

PoliticalNick
+1

Many many people do believe that. It's not just a Christian thing.

How early?

Hard to say without being there but...early enough so as not to endure suffering or be an extreme burden on the family. I don't just think about my quality of life but the quality of life for those who will be looking after me too.

petros
+1
Suffering can start 20 years before lights out.

PoliticalNick

Suffering can start 20 years before lights out.

That's why it has to be the choice of the individual.

gerryh
+2

Do you support forcing an individual or organisation to help you with that decision?

petros
+1

And if they are jumping the gun, does someone step in?

JLM

In some circumstances!

PoliticalNick
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Do you support forcing an individual or organisation to help you with that decision?

No, I can make that decision all on my own. I do however think if an organization is receiving public funds (my tax dollars) of any kind then they are obligated to assist me in carrying out that choice once the bill has passed or the SCC ruling takes effect.

And if they are jumping the gun, does someone step in?

They need to hold the gun not jump on it.

Contrary to popular belief suicide is not a crime. It is quite legal and within your rights to take your own life at any time so nobody should 'step in' as you say. Most terminally ill have had long thought and discussion with family about the possibility of determining their own time of death beforehand. I sure don't need agents of the nanny state stepping in and babysitting me on this or anything else. Others may feel different and they are free to make their own choices but I will make my decision for me thanks.

gerryh

No, I can make that decision all on my own. I do however think if an organization is receiving public funds (my tax dollars) of any kind then they are obligated to assist me in carrying out that choice once the bill has passed or the SCC ruling takes effect.

In other words, yes, you support forcing someone to kill another human being. So you are no different than those you, self righteously, rail against. You have no problem forcing YOUR morals or beliefs on others.

petros
Quote:

No, I can make that decision all on my own. I do however think if an organization is receiving public funds (my tax dollars) of any kind then they are obligated to assist me in carrying out that choice once the bill has passed or the SCC ruling takes effect

Oh really? A taxpayer contracted road builder should be obligated to steamroller you to death if that is your choice?

Can I watch?

JLM

Contrary to popular belief suicide is not a crime..

And for good reason, there's absolutely no use in designating something as a crime when there is no way to assign a punishment for it.
Last edited by JLM; May 23rd, 2016 at 10:49 PM..

petros
+1
Repeated attempts can get you a lifetime psych ward bed.

PoliticalNick

In other words, yes, you support forcing someone to kill another human being. So you are no different than those you, self righteously, rail against. You have no problem forcing YOUR morals or beliefs on others.

They have a choice to do something different if they don't like the rules and are completely free to do whatever they please in their personal lives. When they are my employee though I get to call the shots.

Oh really? A taxpayer contracted road builder should be obligated to steamroller you to death if that is your choice?

Can I watch?

If the operator is also a doctor....lol

Repeated attempts can get you a lifetime psych ward bed.

Well if you aren't skilled enough to do it right the first time you probably aren't capable of making intelligent decisions and need supervision.

gerryh

They have a choice to do something different if they don't like the rules and are completely free to do whatever they please in their personal lives. When they are my employee though I get to call the shots.

Happy to see you admit your hypocrisy, and it will be noted for future.

Frankiedoodle
In Canada it is not illegal to attempt suicide or be successful in committing it.

However it is illegal to counsel someone to committ suicide or to help someone with it.

I believe that I mentioned before that several people have been turned back at the American border because they had attempted suicide. The case they showed on tv was a woman who had attempted suicide and that someone had called 911. As a result it was on police records. Records on suicide were shared with an American department, the woman was never able to find which. I gather it was because the Americans found that people who attemp suicide are a threat to the American public.

The OPP would report directly to American authorities about attempted suicides and some would be turned back.

PoliticalNick

Happy to see you admit your hypocrisy, and it will be noted for future.

I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. They have a choice to find a different type of employment or a different employer.