The Washington Just-About-Everything-But-Redskins

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Nine in 10 Native Americans say they are not offended by the Washington Redskins name, according to a new Washington Post poll that shows how few ordinary Indians have been persuaded by a national movement to change the football team’s moniker.
The survey of 504 people in every state and the District reveals that the minds of Native Americans have remained unchanged since a 2004 poll by the Annenberg Public Policy Center found the exact same result. Responses to The Post’s questions about the issue were broadly consistent regardless of age, income, education, political party or proximity to reservations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...aking-news-bar

A lot of us prefer to leave it to Chief Ward Churchill to be offended for us. He surely does have enough butthurt to cover all four million of us.

mentalfloss
This is why it's pointless for right wingers to be offended by political correctness.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

This is why it's pointless for right wingers to be offended by political correctness.

And for left wingers to be offended at the racist sexist patriarchal Gaia-destroying microaggressive whatever.

Or in the immortal words of Julius Caesar. . .

"Suck it up, Buttercup." (loose translation)

IdRatherBeSkiing

It shows that how stupid it is for leftards to worry about political correctness as nobody is actually offended.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

It shows that how stupid it is for leftards to worry about political correctness as nobody is actually offended.

Well, technically it shows that 90% of Indians surveyed aren't offended. It merely indicates that the large majority of Indians (the only group that really have a say, in my opinion) don't give a damn.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

And for left wingers to be offended at the racist sexist patriarchal Gaia-destroying microaggressive whatever.

Or in the immortal words of Julius Caesar. . .

"Suck it up, Buttercup." (loose translation)

See what I mean.

You make more hay out of a non issue than the people you believe are making hay out of a non issue.

Libertarians man.

You guys are so dumb.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

See what I mean.

You make more hay out of a non issue than the people you believe are making hay out of a non issue.

Libertarians man.

You guys are so dumb.

What can I say? We stand in awe of the shining intellect that is you. It almost blinds us to your compulsive use of logical fallacies.

Blackleaf
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Just your normal case of right-on lefties getting offended by something on someone else's behalf.

mentalfloss

What can I say? We stand in awe of the shining intellect that is you. It almost blinds us to your compulsive use of logical fallacies.

You were so close.

Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Just your normal case of right-on lefties getting offended by something on someone else's behalf.

The irony of getting upset about it must be overwhelming for you.

Tecumsehsbones
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

How dare you insult Mighty Chief Squawking Chicken of the Wa-Na-Be tribe!

mentalfloss
There it is.

Doesn't take much to pull out the inner racist of a libertarian.

EagleSmack
+3
#12  Top Rated Post

Tecumsehsbones

There it is.

Doesn't take much to pull out the inner racist of a libertarian.

True. I have an irrational hostility to pinkies pretending to be Indians.

Just one question. . . what "race" is that?

mentalfloss

Tecumsehsbones
More of your shining intellect there, mentalfloss.

mentalfloss
Just testing out the libertarian core.

Ok, back to normal again.

Danbones
Compared to the slaughter of some say 250 million savages, and the subsequent loss of a whole continent, not to mention the violation of innumerable treaties, some would say the name of a baseball team rates right up there with the Holocaust.

Like the debate about transgender bathrooms though, this debate is about using inane jedi PC mindtricks to keep the peeps off the real indignities

like who is the new indians

Jinentonix
+2

I think you mean it's pointless for left wingers to be offended by a lack of political correctness. And therein lays the problem. Too many leftards presuming to speak for anyone but themselves.

Tecumsehsbones

Just testing out the libertarian core.

Ok, back to normal again.

Your hatred and fear of freedom is understandable. I just don't agree.

Walter
+1
All those Redskins that aren't offended offend me.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Would you like help filing your claim?

Walter
Will the gubmint pay my legal fees?

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Will the gubmint pay my legal fees?

It'll be part of the claim. I'm sure we can get you a grant or something.

mentalfloss

Your hatred and fear of freedom is understandable.

Danbones

are you sure the red skins on yer ol' fenders ain't just rust?

coldstream
+1
The Redskins saga has nothing to do with the Aboriginals.. it has everyting to do with the White Man's Guilt syndrome entrenched as a permanent fixture in the cultural iconography. It is part of a vast post structural agenda that seeks, in fact needs, symbols of the oppression by Christian culture, and its central facet in the traditional family, to further an agenda of destroying Western and Christian civilization.

It shows in the 'apology' of a weakling Prime Minister for supposed crimes of enforcing immigration laws of a century ago. It is meant to drench post modern culture in a pathetic sense of obligation to 'victims'.. homosexuals.. transgender psychotics.. women.. aboriginals.. anyone other than white males... who are responsible for all the ills of the world. It's all part of the same syndrome.
Last edited by coldstream; May 19th, 2016 at 01:22 PM..

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

The Redskins saga has nothing to do with the Aboriginals.. it has everyting to do with the White Man's Guilt syndrome entrenched as a permanent fixture in the cultural iconography. It is part of a vast post structural agenda that seeks, in fact needs, symbols of the oppression by Christian culture, and its central facet in the traditional family, to further an agenda of destroying Western and Christian civilization.

It shows in the 'apology' of a weakling Prime Minister for supposed crimes of enforcing immigration laws of a century ago. It is meant to drench post modern culture in a pathetic sense of obligation to 'victims'.. homosexuals.. transgender psychotics.. women.. aboriginals.. anyone other than white males... who are responsible for all the ills of the world. It's all part of the same syndrome.

Yeah, slavery and genocide weren't bad. It's reminding people of slavery and genocide that's bad.

Ludlow
there was an interview awhile back with some native Americans outside of Cardinal stadium before a ballgame concerning this vital issue. The overall opinion of those folks?. Basically they didn't give a fukk. Some of them said that the Redskins were their favorite team.