Oil Sand Myths

CDNBear
-1
#601
Quote: Originally Posted by Kakato View Post

Sorry Red,the trolls took over,start another thread and we'll see if the mods can keep it clean.
Let's discuss solutions and not play the blame game,there's lots of folks on here who have lots of years in the industry so let's be proactive.

You aren't one of them, lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kakato View Post

Funny how the biggest internet experts on the oil patch have never been there.

You claim to be an expert.

I doubt you've done half what you claim.

If you had, you would have told me who Paul Rooda is by now, lol.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#602
I have a feeling we must be getting close to reaching a consensus here!
 
CDNBear
-1
#603
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I have a feeling we must be getting close to reaching a consensus here!

Yep, Kaka is a trolling fraud, that cries like a bitch, when he gets trolled.

Stick around, it's hilarious to watch.

Watch this...

Hey Kakato, who's Paul Roada?
 
Kakato
#604
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

You aren't one of them, lol.

You claim to be an expert.

I doubt you've done half what you claim.

If you had, you would have told me who Paul Rooda is by now, lol.

Whatever,I have no problem working anywhere I want to.
Whats interesting to watch is your upcoming meltdown when I dont take your personal attacks seriously.

Good entertainment,better then the big bang theory even!
Tick Tick Tick!

Who cares Who Paul Rhoda is,he means nothing to me and doesnt sign my invoices.
 
CDNBear
-1
#605
Quote: Originally Posted by Kakato View Post

Whatever,I have no problem working anywhere I want to.

So you say, yet here you are, day after day...

BTW; You just got PWND again...

Quote:

Whats interesting to watch is your upcoming meltdown when...

I don't have those, but I've been the cause of a few, lol.

Quote:

I dont take your personal attacks seriously.

The neg reps that make me laugh, scream otherwise, lol.

Quote:

Good entertainment,better then the big bang theory even!

Yes you are.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kakato View Post

Who cares Who Paul Rhoda is,he means nothing to me and doesnt sign my invoices.

But you've moved equip all over the north, and can make one phone call and have someone loaded on a herc and flown out.

You claimed you could make one phone call and have supplies flown in to help the First Nation in Attawapiskat.

So, who is Paul Roada?
 
Kakato
#606
Ya....I got "owned" on an internet forum!
Thanks for making my day!!!!!!
Now I know why there's so many fuc*ed up people in this world,they cant get out of the house and interact with people,they do it on the computer and then build up some kind of mega god image of them selves and become real tough,because no one can see them.

I got thousands of pics on the net,mostly my work from the last 35 years,I have no problem posting them,they are my credentials and my resume.


Pwned,something a child would try do,need I say more?

I think they get out of the powned stage at about 13 or 14 years of age.
Last edited by Kakato; Jun 18th, 2012 at 06:34 PM..
 
CDNBear
-1
#607
Quote: Originally Posted by Kakato View Post

Ya....I got "owned" on an internet forum!

Although it's good of you to admit that. If you work on not being such a troll, hypocrite and whinny bitch. You wouldn't get PWND so much.
Quote:

Thanks for making my day!!!!!!

No no, the thanks go to you. This was the greatest virtual gift I have gotten in a long time.

Quote:

Now I know why there's so many fuc*ed up people in this world,they cant get out of the house and interact with people,they do it on the computer and then build up some kind of mega god image of them selves and become real tough,because no one can see them.

What an excellent description of you.

Would you like me to post your threat to LW?

How about your god like claims of being an expert, while anyone that disagrees with you and provides evidence of your false claims, is just some unexperienced kid in the basement?

I can prove your own statement sounds more like you than I. Not the other way around...

BTW; That's you getting PWNED again, with your own words even.




Quote: Originally Posted by Kakato View Post

Pwned,something a child would try do,need I say more?

Even my children at the age of 8 could put a sentence together better than that, lol.

Quote:

I think they get out of the powned stage at about 13 or 14 years of age.

Again, I was just following your lead.

If it's so childish, and making you cry, why did you introduce it?
 
Kakato
#608
I believe in free speech,your sad attempt with the personal attacks is quite funny on this forum,sorry but your not going to push me around even though you think you have some special status because of post count,like I pointed out,I was here long before you were.

Suck it up buttercup.
 
CDNBear
-1
#609
Quote: Originally Posted by Kakato View Post

I believe in free speech,your sad attempt with the personal attacks is quite funny on this forum,sorry but your not going to push me around even though you think you have some special status because of post count,like I pointed out,I was here long before you were.

I'm not trying to push you around. I don't think I have special status of any kind. Let alone based on post count. I'm not surprised that you didn't grasp what Ton and I explained to you earlier. You aren't very bright.

I'm just mocking you and trolling you. That's what you wanted. You laid down the rules.

So why are you crying now? You troll, you post personal attacks.

Then cry like a bitch when you get it back.

Quote:

Suck it up buttercup.

You should.

Your crying and very telling neg reps because your feelings are hurt, say you really need to suck it up, buttercup.



So who is Paul Roada, answering that would remove all doubt about your claims.
 
Tonington
+2 / -1
#610
Quote: Originally Posted by Kakato View Post

Now I know why there's so many fuc*ed up people in this world,they cant get out of the house and interact with people,they do it on the computer and then build up some kind of mega god image of them selves and become real tough,because no one can see them.

I went to Futureshop to get a new charger for my on-call phone, barbequed some burgers, and had a beer with my new neighbours.

What happened to your plans to go out and enjoy a cold one with the boys? Do you get paid to shill like this? You said your time is valuable...hmmph.

Unplug koko, seriously.
 
Redmonton_Rebel
+1
#611
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

If we've got one, WTF are you crying about?

I've already explained in scientific terms why we need to be very concerned...and you wanted to talk about shifters or some such nonsense.

Abuse and ridicule might be fun, but only idiots cheer their own destruction on.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

I went to Futureshop to get a new charger for my on-call phone, barbequed some burgers, and had a beer with my new neighbours.

What happened to your plans to go out and enjoy a cold one with the boys? Do you get paid to shill like this? You said your time is valuable...hmmph.

Unplug koko, seriously.

Take your ****ing socializing elsewhere asshole.
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
+2
#612
Quote: Originally Posted by Redmonton_Rebel View Post

I've already explained in scientific terms why we need to be very concerned...and you wanted to talk about shifters or some such nonsense.

Abuse and ridicule might be fun, but only idiots cheer their own destruction on.

No... You wanted to talk down and nobody listens up. Come off your high horse and you may even have your audience. Pompous and preachy just turns people off.
 
Redmonton_Rebel
#613
I'm basically talking about the end of our world as we know it based on the science and some "people" are are discussing their personal **** like it's relevant on this thread.

When did we get to be such a contemptuous people?

It's just another way of saying **** you to people they don't want to have to listen to. There is no appropriate comeback challenging the overwhelming science saying we need to drastically change direction, so why not totally trivialize an issue that already has seriously affected millions of lives.
 
TenPenny
+1
#614
Quote: Originally Posted by Redmonton_Rebel View Post

I'm basically talking about the end of our world as we know it

And that, right there, is why people don't take you seriously.
 
CDNBear
#615
Quote: Originally Posted by Redmonton_Rebel View Post

Take your ****ing socializing elsewhere asshole.



Quote: Originally Posted by Redmonton_Rebel View Post

I'm basically talking about the end of our world as we know it based on the science and some "people" are are discussing their personal **** like it's relevant on this thread.

It's more relevant than the nonsense you spew.

Quote:

When did we get to be such a contemptuous people?

When we are confronted by people like you, that just want to preach, throw out all manner of hyperbole and nonsense and still demand to be taken seriously, lol.
Quote:

It's just another way of saying **** you to people they don't want to have to listen to.

That's right. You bury anything meaningful in your posts, with tons of BS.

No one wants to here that, except like minded idiots.

Quote:

There is no appropriate comeback challenging the overwhelming science saying we need to drastically change direction, so why not totally trivialize an issue that already has seriously affected millions of lives.

You do more of a disservice to your cause than anyone else can.
 
Redmonton_Rebel
#616
The Sociopath Next Door: The Ruthless Versus the Rest of Us - Martha Stout - Google Books

I'm guessing it would take the kind of person who almost totally lacks the ability to feel any sort of responsibility for others to do many of things that are passed off as "normal" in todays world.

We know for a fact that the executives in charge of the major tobacco companies acted in such a way as to addict generations of smokers, many at an early age, then to work hard to deny the science linking their products and serious health risks such as cancer, heart disease and stroke. Prominent scientists like Fred Seitz were richly rewarded for distorting the facts that if they had been honestly represented would have saved hundreds of thousands if not millions of lives. In Seitz's case in the 1980s he was in charge of a project that dispersed over 45 million dollars US into funding research into cancer links of all sorts of products except tobacco. We spent the 1980s being afraid of all sorts of stuff instead of focusing on the real killer. Fred Singer was also active in this campaign of lives for dollars as academics who should have known better showed little or no evidence of a conscience.

Guess who has been very prominent in climate change denial?

We know there's socipaths out there, we know that in the past they've been very effective in pushing products that have serious negative consequences for the common good and we know who's helped them. We know many of the same techniques and personnel have been involved in protecting the oil and coal sector from the consequences of responsible legislation that would benefit us all in mitigating serious climate change.

When people post here what a joke climate change is and how we don't need to be concerned about our future and it's all about jobs and comfort, they're carrying on in the tradition of sociopaths from the past who've already done great damage to the overall community. We can avoid dealing with the unpleasant reality of having rogues in power both politically and economically, but that doesn't prevent the great damage they can do if left unrestrained. Sociopaths have certain advantages in business and politics as they don't have the same inhibitions as the rest of us...sound familiar. For instance while many respect election laws because they preserve a democratic system that benefits us all in the long term, a sociopath would say, "I want power, I'm going to take it, and let someone else suffer the negative consequences of my actions". I think that description fits our current PM and his "government" well. The same on environmental issues that are treated openly with ridicule by the Conservatives in this country. While it's important to have jobs and economic health, if the people don't have clean water, air and soil then we all suffer while the few who benefit the most from unregulated development suffer little or not at all. If we push the global climate into a warmer state too fast for most species to adjust we could end human civilization altogether, a sociopaths dream.

Sociopaths are great at playing games, they use cleverness to first disguise the fact they're incapable of genuine emotion and make up for their emotional emptiness with material wealth. Most people who feel genuine emotions simply don't need massive amounts of assets to feel secure. So if we actually do want a future we need to reject people who obviously are incapable of caring about anything but themselves and even that in a very limited material sense. Anyone who talks of comfort and wealth over a future for us as people is probably lacking the very ability to care about what matters most...people.
 
CDNBear
#617
Quote: Originally Posted by Redmonton_Rebel View Post

I'm guessing it would take the kind of person who almost totally lacks the ability to feel any sort of responsibility for others to do many of things that are passed off as "normal" in todays world.

What you do and feel isn't normal.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#618
Quote: Originally Posted by Redmonton_Rebel View Post

I'm basically talking about the end of our world as we know it based on the science and some "people" are are discussing their personal **** like it's relevant on this thread.

Strictly speaking the thread is about the oil sands, however I'm not sure how strict the parameters are, but I suppose by a HUGE stretch it could include the end of the world, if that is any more relevent the most people's personal sh*t!