One more example of fox news stupidity

gerryh
A Chicago news anchor certainly was not in a festive mood when she reported that Santa did not exist, much to the chagrin of sensitive young (and young at heart) ears that may have been listening to the news cast.
Robin Robinson kept up the rant (coming at the end of an editorial about gift giving during a recession), saying:
"Santa is a symbol of the generosity of the season. You go sit on his lap and we'll take a picture," Robinson said, suggesting that children should be told there is no Santa as soon as they're able to talk. "But he's not coming down the chimney, he's not eating those cookies, he's not bringing you anything!"

News anchor denies Santa Claus exists on live TV | Daily Buzz - Yahoo! News

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Walter
I am sorry that your fantasy was spoiled by FOX News. If you only want to hear platitudes don't watch FOX.

TenPenny
+6
#3  Top Rated Post
Fox News isn't supposed to report the truth? That's your complaint now?

DaSleeper
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

A Chicago news anchor certainly was not in a festive mood when she reported that Santa did not exist, much to the chagrin of sensitive young (and young at heart) ears that may have been listening to the news cast.
Robin Robinson kept up the rant (coming at the end of an editorial about gift giving during a recession), saying:
"Santa is a symbol of the generosity of the season. You go sit on his lap and we'll take a picture," Robinson said, suggesting that children should be told there is no Santa as soon as they're able to talk. "But he's not coming down the chimney, he's not eating those cookies, he's not bringing you anything!"

News anchor denies Santa Claus exists on live TV | Daily Buzz - Yahoo! News

Post a clip of a Fox news anchor saying that Sears shouldn't remove their Santa this year and you would have the same people bashing fox.....some people you can't please.....

Cannuck
+1 / -1
Maybe Faux should just stick to news and leave all the other nonsense (they are well known for) to the National Enquirer. I mean really...say what you want about any or all of the other news networks, combined they don't embarrass themselves half as much as Faux embarrasses itself.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

I am sorry that your fantasy was spoiled by FOX News. If you only want to hear platitudes don't watch FOX.

Why don't you start a poll thread and then we can see who really lives in fantasy world?

I triple-dog-dare ya.

taxslave
+1
Wow a news face that dares to tell the truth. How novel.

mentalfloss
Neg rep and no reply from Walt.

What a surprise.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
It is a rather stupid gaffe.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

It is a rather stupid gaffe.

True...

Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

So every other media outlet is biased except for FOX news.

No wonder they're so fair and balanced.

Retired_Can_Soldier
This is the sort of thing they'd be ragging on the other news networks for.

TenPenny
+2
Think of the children!

wulfie68
OK the "rant" was stupid: everyone above the age of 8 knows she was telling the truth (and a number of those who are younger as well), but her apology hit on the point I would make about the whole thing: why ruin the magic for those kids who DO still believe? Childhood innocence is lost quickly enough, so why not take little steps to preserve it for those who still have some left? She said the right things in her apology and really her initial comments weren't that big of a deal IF they had been prefaced with a warning for any parents watching with kids.

darkbeaver
It's time kids learned real magic.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
Damn you Fox News! Look what you have Done

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Damn you Fox News! Look what you have Done

That is just wrong on so many levels, lol.

And here I was hoping that AA would work this time.

WLDB
As a kid I found being lied to about the existence of Santa Clause to be a turning point of sorts. I started questioning everything my parents and others claimed to be true. It helped a lot. I wouldnt lie to a kid about this stuff though.

As for the revalation on tv: Good. Expose all liars.