Ontario 31 27.19%
Quebec 4 3.51%
Martimes 6 5.26%
United States 10 8.77%
Europe 5 4.39%
Other 7 6.14%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Kreskin
We seem to have many Western Canadians. No Toronto people talking hockey or much of anything. I'm curious what the demographics are around here.

VanIsle
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

We seem to have many Western Canadians. No Toronto people talking hockey or much of anything. I'm curious what the demographics are around here.

Seems to be a lot of BC people here. Maybe even a lot from Vancouver Island.

In Between Man
I've alwayz been a BC boy, but when I look from a viewpoint where I can survey my kingdom, I like to whisper into the wind - "Cascadia... you are beautiful..."

In Between Man
Quote: Originally Posted by Islandpacific View Post

Seems to be a lot of BC people here. Maybe even a lot from Vancouver Island.

Vancouver Island is a pretty damn cool place. The attitude of people is quite different from city slickers. Awesome hiking, fishing, camping, people...love it...

Francis2004

Well to be totally honest Kreskin, even if I lived in Toronto I would not talk about Hockey either.. Not unless I was a Habs, Canucks, Flames, Oilers or even Senators fan..

Oh wait.. There is a mispelled team in Toronto.... Leaves or is it "Leafs" Maple to be exact I believe

karrie
lol.. I'll be curious to see what the results of the poll are come morning, when the time difference doesn't mean that only us westerners are still awake.

Cliffy
Nakusp B.C. is right smack dab in the middle of nowhere. 200 mile long lake that is actually a pregnant part of the Columbia River completely surrounded by the Selkirk and Monashee mountain ranges. Monster trout in the lake. paradise without all those pesky city slickers, pollution and noise. No shopping malls!!! Yeee Haw!!

And we have the distinction of having the only extinct native tribe that is still alive.

Kreskin
Bump

DaSleeper
A few more other than me I'm sure from Ontario.......

mt_pockets1000
Edmonton.

#juan
Nanaimo B.C. is a pretty good place to live. The city has all the big stores anyone could want plus a few. Nanaimo is only a leasurely couple hour drive from Victoria, if you like that sort of thing...

JLM

Just about exactly mid way between the coast and the Alberta border and a mile from the U.S.

Zan
Also Edmonton

lone wolf
I say Ontario ... but the reality is NORTHERN Ontario. We're the place that provided the resources that made Toronto rich - and the place without a voice in the Toronto government. NOPE.... Northern Ontario Political Equality (separatist)

Tyr
Ottawa, then Calgary, back to Ottawa, then Montreal, then Vancouver, then Halifax, then Toronto, back to Ottawa and finally back to Vancouver

Said1
+1
#16  Top Rated Post
Coming to you live, from Ottawa. Das Kapital.

talloola
Born on the westcoast of b.c., New Westminster, moved to vancouver island in
l980, and never looked back, a true westcoaster, won't move away from the ocean, and when we golf I can see the westcoast mountains, (on the mainland) and the beaufort
mountain range (on the island) complete with the comox valley glacier shining
high on top, and mount washington, with the georgia street in between, I love it.

Risus

Why would Toronto people talk hockey? They don't even have a hockey team...

Risus
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1 View Post

Coming to you live, from Ottawa. Das Kapital.

Now you guys have a hockey team

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

Now you guys have a hockey team

Couldn't care less. :shrug:

I'm here, and that's the main thing.

Risus
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1 View Post

Couldn't care less. :shrug:

I'm here, and that's the main thing.

A Canadian who doesn't like hockey??? Shame!

Twila
Quote:

And we have the distinction of having the only extinct native tribe that is still alive.

Really? that's Awesome!

BC here. Grew up on the southern tip of Vancouver island, but moved to the mainland...wouldn't move back for all the tea in...the world. Love to visit, but I would miss the people here tooo much. Too many cultures, too many stories, too much to learn...

mabudon
Born in Bracebridge Ontario, lived there for 10 years and moved south and spent the last (or is that next??) 25 years so far in the Niagara area. Not the best place to live I guess, but it has its moments

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

A Canadian who doesn't like hockey??? Shame!

Hockey Night in Canada is a product of the misogynistic, patriarchal elements that still exist in this nation. Real shame.

Spade
Hockey is not a bowl full of Cherries!

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

I say Ontario ... but the reality is NORTHERN Ontario. We're the place that provided the resources that made Toronto rich - and the place without a voice in the Toronto government. NOPE.... Northern Ontario Political Equality (separatist)

If Sudbury is Northern Ontario, Kapuskasing must be the far north......just 100 miles south of James Bay.....Brrr cold

bobnoorduyn
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

If Sudbury is Northern Ontario, Kapuskasing must be the far north......just 100 miles south of James Bay.....Brrr cold

There was a saying that Sioux Lookout was the the Arsehole of Ontario and Big Trout Lake was 200 miles up it.

DavidB
Coquitlam, BC (a suburb of Vancouver)

Chev
Edmonton, (where our city council are idiots)

bobnoorduyn
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Nakusp B.C. is right smack dab in the middle of nowhere. 200 mile long lake that is actually a pregnant part of the Columbia River

Cliffy; thou dost exaggerate a bit, the Upper and Lower Arrow lakes are barely 200 km in length, but I know you love that country, so do I. I've just never had the pleasure of catching anything but logs in those lakes.