Cancel Culture

Twin_Moose
+3
Only in North America does one call on a removal of a statue that represents to them of racism, genocide, cultural appropriation, etc. while wearing clothing like a cowboy hat, cowboy boots, business suit, etc. of the offending culture.

Macdonald statue protesters meet with Regina mayor

Quote:

Star Andreas and Kerry Bellegarde-Opoonechaw are willing to wade through the red tape to achieve their goal of having the statue of Sir John A. Macdonald removed from Victoria Park.

The two First Nations women have been protesting in the downtown Regina park for the past 18 days, and on Friday had a meeting with Mayor Michael Fougere right beside the statue they want taken down.

The women are opposed to the monument to Canada’s first prime minister due to Macdonald’s racist views and legacy as the architect of Canada’s residential school system.

The women and Fougere discussed the consultation process the city will embark on before council can make a final decision on whether or not to remove the statue. They also talked about racism in the city.

Bellegarde-Opoonechaw described the meeting with Fougere as “polite,” and said she was happy with the mayor’s willingness to liaison with them. She also said the city’s recent announcement that it would conduct a legacy review of the statue was a step in the right direction.

“I have his words that he is willing to do something. Racism is not acceptable; none of this is acceptable. He understands who John A. is,” said Bellegarde-Opoonechaw.

Both women know getting the statue removed will be a lengthy venture through bureaucracy, but that isn’t dampening their resolve.

“We’re trying to be peaceful and law-abiding and understanding that everybody’s vote or opinion needs to be heard on the issue of John,” said Andreas.

However, Andreas was frustrated with Fougere’s previous suggestion that a plaque could be placed alongside the statue to provide further historical context. She said all this would accomplish is further rub Macdonald’s legacy in the faces of First Nations people who visit the park.

“We’re fighting for the people and for our ancestors and what they did to the children, for what this man represents. We don’t want to look at this guy, because we said, ‘Why don’t you just have an Adolf Hitler in the park and see how people’s reaction is?’” said Andreas.

Fougere said the meeting, which lasted about half an hour, was part of a larger meaningful discussion happening around the statue.

“It was a very good conversation, very respectful, and I didn’t offer my position. I said ‘I came here to listen, and want to hear what you have to say so I can learn about your perspective,'” said Fougere......More

I think the best line of the article the two protesters were asked about the defacing of the statue on Canada's day they answered it wasn't us, which is probably true for those two.

Jinentonix
+5
Quote:

“I have his words that he is willing to do something. Racism is not acceptable; none of this is acceptable. He understands who John A. is,” said Bellegarde-Opoonechaw.

Riiight. Because labeling a person as one thing and then making them ALL about that one thing and ONLY that one thing isn't the least bit dehumanizing or bigoted.

Walter
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Love it!
No argument left so all that remains is to attack the messenger

It's Mr. C's m-o.

captain morgan
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

After all, somebody who equates objecting to the one-sided lionization of racists with affirmative action ain't thinking real clearly.

Wow, that's rich coming from the guy that replies to each and every comment on racism with sarcastic remarks about a white victimhood sentiment.

Tell ya what, you keep on with promoting that deep sense of belonging to a culture of victimhood and how all the problems in the world are 'cause of everyone else... No personal responsibilities, just mean ole bastards that are keeping you down at every turn.

Surely it will make you and all those other victims feel good about not taking a dedicated interest in their own well being, futures or God forbid, having to actually sacrifice to achieve a goal.... You just stick with white privilege and historical colonization related psychological damage from centuries ago as the solitary cause as to why life sucks.

Tecumsehsbones

Surely it will make you and all those other victims feel good about not taking a dedicated interest in their own well being, futures or God forbid, having to actually sacrifice to achieve a goal.

You're right. I've never done a thing to improve myself.

I guess you're just my natural superior.

captain morgan
+3

As you speak for all people affected, i can only take you at your word as being accurate

If you say so..... Let me know how the pity party works out

B00Mer
+2 / -1
Cancel Culture removed another Racist Statue

No wait???

I honestly from the bottom of my heart hope that these ignorant idiots catch Covid-19 and die..

You are suppose to be at home, not out shopping, at the beach, protesting or looting.. just die.

Just like these idiots.. COVID-19 is a HOAX!! We are going to have a Party.. all 18 people for their 4 year olds birthday.. the 4 year old is almost dead..

https://globalnews.ca/news/7107152/t...y-coronavirus/

COVID-19 is now killing children in record numbers..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGixfPNlPEc
Last edited by B00Mer; 4 weeks ago at 06:51 PM..

B00Mer
+1
The only reason the Government enforces Lockdowns, is because people like the above have no regard for others and won't stay home voluntarily

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Cancel Culture removed another Racist Statue
No wait???

I honestly from the bottom of my heart hope that these ignorant idiots catch Covid-19 and die..
You are suppose to be at home, not out shopping, at the beach, protesting or looting.. just die.
Just like these idiots.. COVID-19 is a HOAX!! We are going to have a Party.. all 18 people for their 4 year olds birthday.. the 4 year old is almost dead..
https://globalnews.ca/news/7107152/t...y-coronavirus/
COVID-19 is now killing children in record numbers..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGixfPNlPEc

As of July 1, 29 children under the age of 15 have died in the US out of over 130,000 deaths attributed to the Wuflu.
https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisiona...nd-S/9bhg-hcku

pgs
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

As of July 1, 29 children under the age of 15 have died in the US out of over 130,000 deaths attributed to the Wuflu.

If it saves just one child . How many children under 15 have been shot in the same time frame ?

petros
+1

You'll never shake off the Irish ginger in ya.

petros
+1

Kill the Tsar!

Kill the Tsar!

Kill the Tsar!

Girth
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

You'll never shake off the Irish ginger in ya.

This post can indicate two completely different scenarios:

1. T-Bones is a loss prevention officer in Richmond Hill, with Irish ancestry.

2. As a young man, T-Bones was brutally raped by a large, drunken Irishman.

B00Mer
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

The numbers are low, until it's your child.

petros
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

taxslave
+3 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

It is not rape when you want it.

pgs

Another 15 year old shot in NY last night . I am sure his parents are thrilled .

petros
+2
Slow night.

captain morgan
+2

The only reason the Government enforces Lockdowns, is because people like the above have no regard for others and won't stay home voluntarily..

Gvt hasn't exactly been that effective on this file to date. I don't really know if I would place all that much confidence in them

More kids will die from accidental drowning in swimming pools.

Should we ban pools?... Saving just 1 life would be worth it, right?

captain morgan
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Another 15 year old shot in NY last night . I am sure his parents are thrilled .

If only that kid was wearing a mask and kept 6 feet away from the shooter

IdRatherBeSkiing
+3

If only that kid was wearing a mask and kept 6 feet away from the shooter

Depending on the marksmanship of the shooter, the 6 feet may have made a difference.

petros
+5

Gvt hasn't exactly been that effective on this file to date. I don't really know if I would place all that much confidence in them
More kids will die from accidental drowning in swimming pools.
Should we ban pools?... Saving just 1 life would be worth it, right?

They knew what was coming and what they were going to do 10 weeks prior.

10 weeks (minimum) they let it fester ignoring calls to close the border, screen returning Canadians effectively at airports and called us racists for asking for these measures.

They deserve statues.

DaSleeper
+4

They knew what was coming and what they were going to do 10 weeks prior.

10 weeks (minimum) they let it fester ignoring calls to close the border, screen returning Canadians effectively at airports and called us racists for asking for these measures.

They deserve statues.

That we can pull down!

pgs
+5

Slow night.

Well an 8 year old girl was shot to death in Atlanta last night while sitting in a vehicle with her mother . Protesting seems to cause more deaths to children then the deadly Covid

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Depending on the marksmanship of the shooter, the 6 feet may have made a difference.

WOW mocking a 5 year old death.. nuff said.

IdRatherBeSkiing

WOW mocking a 5 year old death.. nuff said.

I have no idea who died. It was a joke based upon captain's comment.

captain morgan
+4

I have no idea who died. It was a joke based upon captain's comment.

The point that was being made of the shooting or drowning examples is that there is a large discrepancy in the attitudes towards covid and other even more significant causes of deaths.

Considering that the apocalyptic fatality rates that were projected for covid are no where close to what is actual reality, I find it disingenuous for folks to apply such a differential level of concern for things like shootings, car accidents, drownings, etc but scream to the heavens when a kid dies from covid.

It's unfortunate that your comment was singled-out as harsh when it was little more than stating the obvious

Walter

Anything over 6 feet away and a handgun is almost useless.

taxslave
+1
That would depend on the gun and the handler. 50 ft is easy for most for a stationary target with a real handgun. Not one of those 2 in barrel things.

Jinentonix
+4
And more news from the stunted morons on the left. They have called for a boycott of Goya foods because the CEO had the f*cking audacity to say nice things about Trump.

Go read up on the all the charitable stuff Goya foods does and then tell me the left hasn't become completely unhinged. Christ, during the pandemic alone they donated 200,000 lbs of food and 20,000 masks, so far. They also delivered over 18,000 meals to students and their families in NYC.

But yeah, they and their 4000 employees clearly need to be punished because the CEO said nice things about Trump.