More Political Correctness?

DaSleeper
+1
Child pretends to shoot student with imaginary bow, suspended for 3 days

CINCINNATI A first-grader at Our Lady of Lourdes is serving a three-day suspension for pretending to shoot another student with a bow and arrow.
Related

The boy's parents, Matthew and Martha Miele, told WLWT their son was playing a game of Power Rangers at recess on Thursday when it happened.
"I think he's a good principal. I just think a bad decision was made," Matthew Miele said.
Watch this story
Martha Miele said she was called Thursday afternoon while at work by Principal Joe Crachiolo.
"I didn't really understand. I had him on the phone for a good amount of time so he could really explain to me what he was trying to tell me," Martha Miele said. "My question to him was 'Is this really necessary? Does this really need to be a three-day suspension under the circumstances that he was playing and he's 6 years old?'"
The Mieles sent Crachiolo an email Thursday evening and met with him Friday morning asking him to reconsider.
"He told me that he was going to stand firm and that he was not going to change it," Martha Miele said.

More: Child pretends to shoot student with imaginary bow, suspended for 3 days | Local News - WLWT Home

AnnaG
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
Pettiness from the politically correct. Perfectly pathetic. Perfectly predictable.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

Pettiness from the politically correct. Perfectly pathetic. Perfectly predictable.

How is this politically correct? It's certainly namby-pamby BS, but I thought political correctness was about calling people ******s, spics, kikes, bitches, and redskins.

Mowich
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

How is this politically correct? It's certainly namby-pamby BS, but I thought political correctness was about calling people ******s, spics, kikes, bitches, and redskins.

I thought it was about not 'calling people ******s, spics, kikes, bitches, and redskins'.

davesmom
+2 / -1

It's about a lot more than that! I was informed by my 7 year old grandson that we can't use words like 'stupid', 'loser' or 'God'. Kids can't have toy guns or even point their fingers and say 'bang'. They can't have a jackknife in their possession.
I don't understand how they can teach kids it's bad to play imaginary gun games then send young people off to a real war and wonder why they go nuts and commit suicide after they see the killing that goes on in a war zone.

Cannuck
Its not about political correctness. Its about policy makers not allowing underlings to make decisions. "Political Correctness" is just a catch phrase uninformed people throw out when they don't like what's happening.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by davesmom View Post

It's about a lot more than that! I was informed by my 7 year old grandson that we can't use words like 'stupid', 'loser' or 'God'. Kids can't have toy guns or even point their fingers and say 'bang'. They can't have a jackknife in their possession.
I don't understand how they can teach kids it's bad to play imaginary gun games then send young people off to a real war and wonder why they go nuts and commit suicide after they see the killing that goes on in a war zone.

I'm pretty sure playing with toy guns or imaginary guns isn't really very good preparation for war.

JLM
+1

Sad isn't it? I had my own hatchet when I was 5 years old. It was my job to keep the kindling box full (for 25 cents a week) Of course every kid had a cap gun, even some of the girls (pretty hard to play Cowboys & Indians without one). We made our own bows and arrows when we were 8 or 9 years old. When I was 11 my dad gave me a Steven's single shot .22. That sucker put a lot of grouse on the table. It's sad the way kids live today...............getting eye strain off a f**king I Pod. It's criminal.

I'm pretty sure playing with toy guns or imaginary guns isn't really very good preparation for war.

No but it's fun and you get some exercise unlike the couch potatoes today. The problem today is too many f**king idiots equate playing Cowboys & Indians with real war.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

No but it's fun and you get some exercise unlike the couch potatoes today...

We should set the clocks ahead 2 hours they have more daylight hours to play in after school.

DaSleeper
+3 / -1
The troll is back for the last word on everything and derail
Last edited by DaSleeper; Nov 4th, 2015 at 06:42 AM..

B00Mer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

The troll is pack for the last word on everything and derail

Yeah he does have a habit of derailing all the threads he posts in. I guess he thinks he's witty or something, guess that's why his wife left him too, an unbearable pud.

AnnaG
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Its not about political correctness. Its about policy makers not allowing underlings to make decisions. "Political Correctness" is just a catch phrase uninformed people throw out when they don't like what's happening.

That, too. But, it is also PCness because displaying violence may offend the anti-gun or anti-violence mobs. It may even offend the person being pretend shot. It certainly seems to have offended that Cincinnati school's administration.

We should set the clocks ahead 2 hours they have more daylight hours to play in after school.

And have 2 more hours in the winter mornings of people having accidents in the dark.

mentalfloss
This is so offensive.

DaSleeper
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

This is so offensive.

I see Cannuck has trained you well

Walter
Stupid Christians.

Jinentonix
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

This is so offensive.

Yea, yeah. He's not muslim, or Brown, or Black, or Asian, or Native so yeah, big deal right?

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Yea, yeah. He's not muslim, or Brown, or Black, or Asian, or Native so yeah, big deal right?

Why so politically correct?

JLM

Why not set it ahead 4 hours and give them more daylight?

Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

And have 2 more hours in the winter mornings of people having accidents in the dark.

You can not reason with an idiot!

Ludlow
+2
Political Correctness = Something else to whine about. ----- Complaining about Political Correctness = Something else to whine about.

Cannuck

Why not set it ahead 4 hours and give them more daylight?

Look at the way old people whine about an hour. You have to take baby steps

davesmom
+1

Sad isn't it? I had my own hatchet when I was 5 years old. It was my job to keep the kindling box full (for 25 cents a week) Of course every kid had a cap gun, even some of the girls (pretty hard to play Cowboys & Indians without one). We made our own bows and arrows when we were 8 or 9 years old. When I was 11 my dad gave me a Steven's single shot .22. That sucker put a lot of grouse on the table. It's sad the way kids live today...............getting eye strain off a f**king I Pod. It's criminal.

No but it's fun and you get some exercise unlike the couch potatoes today. The problem today is too many f**king idiots equate playing Cowboys & Indians with real war.

But it's okay for them to play the really violent video games!

That's not the point. There's psychology at play here. You teach children that guns are evil, keep away from them, that is absorbed into the subconscious and it stays there. It's still there and causing inner conflict when the person grows up and goes into a career that involves carrying and using a gun.

JLM

But it's okay for them to play the really violent video games!

That's not the point. There's psychology at play here. You teach children that guns are evil, keep away from them, that is absorbed into the subconscious and it stays there. It's still there and causing inner conflict when the person grows up and goes into a career that involves carrying and using a gun.

Absolutely..................nothing short of sheer idiocy!

JLM
"Red" noted, Idiot!

Cannuck

"Red" noted, Idiot!

Correct. They do note the idiots

JLM
Another one noted..............................Imbecile.

Cannuck

Another one noted..............................Imbecile.

No, I wouldn't go so far as to call you an imbecile.... just silly

JLM
Cannuck- Kindly just F**k RIGHT OFF!

Cannuck

Cannuck- Kindly just F**k RIGHT OFF!

Do you have something to add to this discussion or is just about being abusive to other members?

JLM

Do you have something to add to this discussion or is just about being abusive to other members?

Hypocrite!

Cannuck

Hypocrite!

I'll take that as a no then. Too bad! It looks like your petty childishness and silliness is going to derail yet another thread.

Anyhow... the problem as I've said before, is that front line workers are not allowed to make decisions anymore. Policy is policy and step outside the policy at you own risk. Follow the policy and you may look stupid but your job is safe