Student Mugged, Says He Deserved It Because of His ‘Privilege’


Locutus
#1
yes, that's right.


the douche that was mugged

Senior Oliver Friedfeld and his roommate were held at gunpoint and mugged recently. However, the GU student isn’t upset. In fact he says he “can hardly blame [his muggers].”

“Not once did I consider our attackers to be ‘bad people.’ I trust that they weren’t trying to hurt me. In fact, if they knew me, I bet they’d think I was okay,” wrote Friedfeld in an editorial featured in The Hoya, the university’s newspaper. “The fact that these two kids, who appeared younger than I, have even had to entertain these questions suggests their universes are light years away from mine.”
Friedfeld claims it is the pronounced inequality gap in Washington, D.C. that has fueled these types of crimes. He also says that as a middle-class man, he does not have the right to judge his muggers.
“Who am I to stand from my perch of privilege, surrounded by million-dollar homes and paying for a $60,000 education, to condemn these young men as ‘thugs?’” asks Friedfeld. “It’s precisely this kind of ‘otherization’ that fuels the problem.”
Who are you? Well, you’re an inadvertent clone of Robert Fisk, the leftwing British journalist and namesake of the popular Blogosphere technique of fisking, who famously wrote after being attacked while covering the war in Afghanistan in late 2001, “My Beating is a Symbol of this Filthy War.” Fisk added, “In fact, if I were the Afghan refugees of Kila Abdullah, close to the Afghan-Pakistan border, I would have done just the same to Robert Fisk. Or any other Westerner I could find.” Or shorter Fisk: “I totally had it coming.”
Not mention the second coming of a zillion effete doctrinaire Manhattan liberals from the bad old days of the 1970s. Or as Jonah Goldberg noted in his August G-File on “Ferguson Agonistes”:
I grew up in New York City in the 1970s, when race riots were a thing — though not as much of a thing as they were in the 1960s. And that’s part of the problem. In the 1960s, you could see the point of race riots (though less so in the North where they were quite common). But by the 1970s, liberals had incorporated race riots into their mythology as noble “happenings” even though the romance of rebellion had lost its plausibility. And by the 1980s, tragedy had been fully swamped by farce. It is an axiomatic truth going back to Socrates: Nothing can be wholly noble if Al Sharpton is involved. Nonetheless, it was amazing to watch New York liberals act like battered spouses as they tried to explain why blacks are right to loot while at the same time they shouldn’t do it.
To mash-up George Santayana and Irving Kristol, a leftist is someone who refuses to learn from history, and is thus doomed to get mugged by it, but refuses to press charges afterwards.


Ed Driscoll » Student Mugged, Says He Deserved It Because of His ‘Privilege’
 
DaSleeper
+3
#2
His muggers should read this so they can mug the fool again
 
Walter
#3
Rush was all over this on his show yesterday. The writer will be working in the civil service some day. Putin and Xi are salivating at the intellectual demise of the US.
 
Sal
+3
#4
the kid needs some counselling fast
 
Ludlow
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Rush was all over this on his show yesterday. The writer will be working in the civil service some day. Putin and Xi are salivating at the intellectual demise of the US.

Yes I was on pins and needles waiting for Rash's opinion on this matter...I mean,,,Rush.
Last edited by Ludlow; Nov 27th, 2014 at 09:14 AM..Reason: grammar
 
captain morgan
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

the kid needs some counselling fast

Counseling not necessary... After enough beatings and spending cash to replace watches, laptops, etc, he'll start to ask the pertinent questions, about why he's getting robbed and beaten by the same guys over and over and over again.
 
Kreskin
+4 / -1
#7  Top Rated Post
Too bad he didn't wave a bible and yell Jesus, forgiveness, and scripture. He'd being doing the right wing news rounds as a family values hero. All that talk of socio-economics is pure liberal evil.
 
petros
+3
#8
Another Flawssy.
 
Sal
+4
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Counseling not necessary... After enough beatings and spending cash to replace watches, laptops, etc, he'll start to ask the pertinent questions, about why he's getting robbed and beaten by the same guys over and over and over again.

the thing is, his stuff will all be replaced easily by his parents and while the lean of this thread is to trash the left, that isn't really the problem here, it's multi-layered and this kid is just a reflection of the confusion which exists out there

I also found it interesting that he views middle class as easily capable of owning million dollar homes.

the kid is deluded
 
captain morgan
+2
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Too bad he didn't wave a bible and yell Jesus, forgiveness, and scripture. He'd being doing the right wing news rounds as a family values hero.

You've described the left-wing religious fervor... Right wing is 'eye for an eye'


Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

All that talk of socio-economics is pure liberal evil.

Wonder if buddy feels guilty enough to forfeit his education and spread that cash his parents forked-out to the 'po folk that he owes?

Yeah, probably doesn't feel that guilty

Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

the thing is, his stuff will all be replaced easily by his parents and while the lean of this thread is to trash the left, that isn't really the problem here, it's multi-layered and this kid is just a reflection of the confusion which exists out there

I also found it interesting that he views middle class as easily capable of owning million dollar homes.

the kid is deluded

My take is that this kid doesn't understand what it took for his folks to fund his lifestyle... He takes it for granted.

On the other hand, the time will come when he understands how much time and effort it takes to generate the money for tuition, fees, supplies, technology, living, etc.. At this point, that theft will be equated with that effort time and likely, he'll not be so apt to donate his goods whilst blaming himself at the same time
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+2
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

the thing is, his stuff will all be replaced easily by his parents and while the lean of this thread is to trash the left, that isn't really the problem here, it's multi-layered and this kid is just a reflection of the confusion which exists out there

I also found it interesting that he views middle class as easily capable of owning million dollar homes.

the kid is deluded

The problem is his stuff will get replaced by his parents. He will maintain no value to any possession so if one gets stolen, it means nothing. If he needs to struggle for the money to buy the goods, he will be a bit more protective.
 
Kreskin
+1
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

You've described the left-wing religious fervor... Right wing is 'eye for an eye'




Wonder if buddy feels guilty enough to forfeit his education and spread that cash his parents forked-out to the 'po folk that he owes?

Yeah, probably doesn't feel that guilty



My take is that this kid doesn't understand what it took for his folks to fund his lifestyle... He takes it for granted.

On the other hand, the time will come when he understands how much time and effort it takes to generate the money for tuition, fees, supplies, technology, living, etc.. At this point, that theft will be equated with that effort time and likely, he'll not be so apt to donate his goods whilst blaming himself at the same time

Problem appears to be genetic. Bloodlines don't have enough rightwing genes. That goes for him and the muggers. Only cure is switching to Republican. Isn't every problem or issue directly linked to partisan politics?
 
captain morgan
+3
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Problem appears to be genetic. Bloodlines don't have enough rightwing genes. That goes for him and the muggers. Only cure is switching to Republican. Isn't every problem or issue directly linked to partisan politics?

Not related to partisan politics or religion.

The kid is a natural born idiot and in all likelihood will be removed from the gene pool by the very people that will be mugging him weekly
 
EagleSmack
+1
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Too bad he didn't wave a bible and yell Jesus, forgiveness, and scripture. He'd being doing the right wing news rounds as a family values hero. All that talk of socio-economics is pure liberal evil.


Did you ever see this?


www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyr15Hh9tEU




I wouldn't suggest this to everyone though.
 
55Mercury
+2
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Another Flawssy.

privileged socialists deserve all the thumping they can get.

someone stick a stamp on fussy and send him parcel post.
 
EagleSmack
+1
#16
I hope they get him again. Nothing painful... just him forking over another wallet full and his phone.
 
captain morgan
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

I hope they get him again. Nothing painful... just him forking over another wallet full and his phone.


You should fully expect that he will be targeted by all kinds of low lifes, especially now that he has his name and photo published, he's an easy mark that feels he owes these poor wee lambs.

He's chosen to be a victim and throughout his life, he will be taken advantage of by employers, co-workers, neighbors, family, etc let alone strangers on the street
 
55Mercury
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

I hope they get him again. Nothing painful... just him forking over another wallet full and his phone.

he's as guilty as they are. - reciprocal sin - it's the hooker/john thing - if you flaunt your wealth before the destitute you're an accessory to the theft/robbery. kinda like when you behave in a way that makes someone want to kill you, you're just as guilty of murder.
 
Kreskin
+1
#19
The kid was just rationalizing. If he acted irrational then all would be just fine.
 
taxslave
+1
#20
Guy makes a fence post look smart. Apparently $600000 may buy an education but it don't buy smart.
 
Twila
#21
Cognitive dissonance at work. He's making up reasons to explain what happened so his brain can cope.

He could have gone down the road of feeling victimized and live in a state of fear. If he'd been female he'd have had the opportunity to feel violated.

He choose this route: because he's privileged. We all make up reasons for why things happen. Some reasons have developed huge followings and generate big bucks.
 
WLDB
+3
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Guy makes a fence post look smart. Apparently $600000 may buy an education but it don't buy smart.

If you spend that much on an education you aren't too smart.


I was mugged about 6 years ago in Timmins. I was drunk and cooperated but the f*ckers still tried to stab me. Flesh wound on the side. In the end they got nothing. I had no cash on me and i had the cards cancelled when I got home. This guy is an idiot. Though he is somewhat right about his privilege. He gets that from his parents. They should cut him off and should have a long time ago given his age.
 
Gilgamesh
+1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

yes, that's right.


the douche that was mugged

Senior Oliver Friedfeld and his roommate were held at gunpoint and mugged recently. However, the GU student isn’t upset. In fact he says he “can hardly blame [his muggers].”

“Not once did I consider our attackers to be ‘bad people.’ I trust that they weren’t trying to hurt me. In fact, if they knew me, I bet they’d think I was okay,” wrote Friedfeld in an editorial featured in The Hoya, the university’s newspaper. “The fact that these two kids, who appeared younger than I, have even had to entertain these questions suggests their universes are light years away from mine.”
Friedfeld claims it is the pronounced inequality gap in Washington, D.C. that has fueled these types of crimes. He also says that as a middle-class man, he does not have the right to judge his muggers.
“Who am I to stand from my perch of privilege, surrounded by million-dollar homes and paying for a $60,000 education, to condemn these young men as ‘thugs?’” asks Friedfeld. “It’s precisely this kind of ‘otherization’ that fuels the problem.”
Who are you? Well, you’re an inadvertent clone of Robert Fisk, the leftwing British journalist and namesake of the popular Blogosphere technique of fisking, who famously wrote after being attacked while covering the war in Afghanistan in late 2001, “My Beating is a Symbol of this Filthy War.” Fisk added, “In fact, if I were the Afghan refugees of Kila Abdullah, close to the Afghan-Pakistan border, I would have done just the same to Robert Fisk. Or any other Westerner I could find.” Or shorter Fisk: “I totally had it coming.”
Not mention the second coming of a zillion effete doctrinaire Manhattan liberals from the bad old days of the 1970s. Or as Jonah Goldberg noted in his August G-File on “Ferguson Agonistes”:

I grew up in New York City in the 1970s, when race riots were a thing — though not as much of a thing as they were in the 1960s. And that’s part of the problem. In the 1960s, you could see the point of race riots (though less so in the North where they were quite common). But by the 1970s, liberals had incorporated race riots into their mythology as noble “happenings” even though the romance of rebellion had lost its plausibility. And by the 1980s, tragedy had been fully swamped by farce. It is an axiomatic truth going back to Socrates: Nothing can be wholly noble if Al Sharpton is involved. Nonetheless, it was amazing to watch New York liberals act like battered spouses as they tried to explain why blacks are right to loot while at the same time they shouldn’t do it.
To mash-up George Santayana and Irving Kristol, a leftist is someone who refuses to learn from history, and is thus doomed to get mugged by it, but refuses to press charges afterwards.


Ed Driscoll » Student Mugged, Says He Deserved It Because of His ‘Privilege’

He does deserve the mugging. He is obviously too stupid to contribute anything to the gene pool. In fact his only value is as a source of manure when he reaps his reward. R.I.P
 
Gilgamesh
+2
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

the kid needs some counselling fast

True, but first he should be sterilized. Our gene pool does not need this damage.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#25
You had to go back five years to feed your outrage jones?
 
petros
+1
#26
I see that you only need 2 days.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I see

As through a glass darkly.
 
AnnaEmber
+2
#28
"Student Mugged, Says He Deserved It Because of His ‘Privilege’"
lmao Too bad his money and "privilege" can't supply him with functional brains.
 
Blackleaf
#29
Does anyone know where this guy lives so I can fly over and mug him?

What a weak pussy.
 
Cannuck
#30
Internet tough guys like me are hilarious
Last edited by petros; Nov 29th, 2019 at 12:04 AM..