Taylor Swift's New Video - RACIST!

Locutus
On Monday, Taylor Swift, the artist formerly (slightly) known as country, released the video for “Shake It Off,” the first single from her forthcoming pop (!) album, “1989.” The backlash was instantaneous.

The video features Swift “dancing” alongside professional dancers from a number of genres. She stands at the barre with a group of Swan Lake ballerinas, jumps up and down among breakdancers, emotes in the middle of contemporary dancers and, at one point, crawls underneath a line of Daisy Dukes-wearing twerkers.

Rapper Earl Sweatshirt tweeted that the video was “inherently offensive and ultimately harmful” for its portrayals of black stereotypes — though Mr. Sweatshirt admitted that he hadn’t actually, you know, seen the video, which spawned a thousand think pieces wondering if the its inclusion of twerking was racist, innocent but misguided, or something else entirely.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...e-say-mmm-mmm/

Here's the video in question -

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off - YouTube

Clearly the director was attempting to parody various genres of music/dancing. But since one of those was twerking, and that is associated with black people, it's called racist. Crybaby minorities at it again. A simple nigga please would be suffice.

...as a side note, would bang Miss Swift and I would let her shake it off.

mentalfloss
Riveting news.

spaminator
I would love to cock that racist honkey.

B00Mer
+1
#4  Top Rated Post
I don't see anything wrong with the video, and all I can say, if you don't like it, or offended by the video, you're free not to buy the CD or download the iTune.

You can really get tired of this PC idiots.

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

I don't see anything wrong with the video, and all I can say, if you don't like it, or offended by the video, you're free not to buy the CD or download the iTune.

You can really get tired of this PC idiots.

mr sweatyshirt doesn't agree

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Now that's Racist!!!

55Mercury
omg it seems there are sure a lot of blacks participating in this blatant in-your-face-ism racism.

it's as if mr. smellyshirt is chastising them for having the audacity to be seen with whitey.

dumb nigga thinks blacks invented vulgar moves er summat. what a twerk!

Quote:

the its

?

writers need to learn to write!

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by 55Mercury View Post

omg it seems there are sure a lot of blacks participating in this blatant in-your-face-ism racism.

it's as if mr. smellyshirt is chastising them for having the audacity to be seen with whitey.

dumb nigga thinks blacks invented vulgar moves er summat. what a twerk!

?

writers need to learn to write!

say wut?

55Mercury
racists... like chickenman - they're everywhere! they're everywhere!

IdRatherBeSkiing
I thought twerking was Myley Cryrus. Last I checked, she ain't black. But she could be doing a reverse Michael Jackson. Don't watch entertainment news so no idea.

Tonington
Haters gonna hate

Grievous
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

mr sweatyshirt doesn't agree

Man, are you ever dumb.

Who's running this site anyways?

I have never seen a mod act this way.

I always thought mods were fair.....not here.

Oh gee, got a PM saying this was a brave comment....better get ready for the thought police to come.
Last edited by Grievous; Aug 28th, 2014 at 05:53 PM..

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Grievous View Post

Man, are you ever dumb.

Who's running this site anyways?

I have never seen a mod act this way.

I always thought mods were fair.....not here.

Oh gee, got a PM saying this was a brave comment....better get ready for the thought police to come.

gopher
+1
Quote:

Clearly the director was attempting to parody various genres of music/dancing. But since one of those was twerking, and that is associated with black people, it's called racist. Crybaby minorities at it again. A simple nigga please would be suffice.

...as a side note, would bang Miss Swift and I would let her shake it off.

And because one critic says it that means all minorities are to be included in your criticism?