Hate crimes on the rise in Alberta

CDNBear
+1
Hate crimes on the rise in Alberta

The president of the Alberta Hate Crime Committee says that hate crime rates have been steadily on the increase throughout Alberta over the last few years.

Detective Stephen Camp, who is also a homicide detective with the Edmonton Police Service, says that most crimes aren't violence related or committed by hate groups.

"Most hate crimes are not committed by organized hate groups, probably about eighty percent of the stats are committed by just regular community members. Most hate crimes are property related crimes and if you look at the stats through the years mischief which is vandalism to property is usually one of the higher spikes on the graph in regards to hate crimes."

Statistics show that most hate crimes are committed by male youths and young adults between the ages of 14 and 25, according to Camp.

"It's a learned behavior, no one's born with that. There's a number of venues to learn that behavior from whether it's from your friends at school, or at work, or through the internet."

Camp continues to say that the internet has become a key factor in hate groups spreading their ideas and it's not easy to take down those websites.

"They're easy to find as far as they look you can find a myriad of different styles of websites and what message they're trying to put out there. Section two of the Charter is quite clear, freedom of expression and if you have a website that's not breeching the hate propaganda sections of the criminal code. Here in Canada it's a free democratic society, you can have a website there with your opinion as long as it doesn't breach 319 you're fine. Now a lot of websites I think a lot of people are attracted to in Canada are from the US, First Amendment there is highly protected and that's where you'll find a lot of the really egregious material that's beyond offensive and if that site was up and running though a Canadian group would definitely be breaching section 319."

Camp says if you have been a victim of a hate crime, report it to police. (pb)

Hate crimes on the rise in Alberta - iNews880.com

petros
Who are they hating?

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Who are they hating?

Call and ask...

2011 Diversity Conference - Speakers

skookumchuck
+2
#4  Top Rated Post
They are coming for me next. btw, I think Bear baiting must still be legal in Alberta

CDNBear

Who are they hating?

Gays would be a safe bet.

Kakato
+1

Who are they hating?

Their actually basking in the awesomness of Alberta,the majority of them came from another province so I guess this is a huge showing of all Canadians?

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Stay home then.
Most of us are tolerant of your type but lots of rig pigs are not.

I think it was you who claimed they were all on crack?
would love to watch you tell anyone on a rig that.
you would be running away like a lil girl.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

I've experienced the Edmonton gay community up close and thorough. It hasn't been the same without Sticky Vicky.

B00Mer
+1
Neo-nazis, skinheads or whatever they call themselves that week, are nuts, bat sh!t crazy nuts. 90% of them have some sort of mixed lineage in their bloodline.

In my personal opinion, the multiracial or mixed-races are the most beautiful in our society...

Mixed Race/Biracial People Are Beautiful - Photos | Facebook

Yes, that is me an my ex-wife on the bridge of the Queen Marry in Long Beach, CA., (yup a Interracial Couple) and even though some members feel that I am a womanizing chauvinistic pig, my ex and I are still friends, even after our divorce.. so maybe, I'm not such a douche, in real life.

I remember that when we walked down the streets of Calgary and in Detroit, some people would stop and stare, that was 22 years ago. I am glad to see that this has passed and their are more and more interracial couples out their and more tolerance.

Sure their will always be ignorant jerks out their that want to blame another race, religion or sexual preference for all the wrong in society or with their lives in general.. unfortunately, this is the world we live in.