Where are you and please tell me what's like.

petros
+2
If you've never been judged on your race, culture, style, speech, physical attributes, what brands you like or WHY please post your story.
If not, please don't reply to this thread.
Last edited by petros; Jun 28th, 2020 at 04:17 PM..

DaSleeper
+2
Some people right here in this forum judge you....
If your skin is white "I believe one poster called it melanin deficient"
You must be racist!

petros
+2
It's good everyone can have a global cry and hug.

I'm an apple too. Green on the outside and white on the inside.

Things have gotten too bizarre for me not to be an Alien.

I have Space Rights.

Alien Lives Matter

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

You must be racist!

Hush now. petros is proving scientifically that Floyd George had it coming.

petros
+1
Yup....

Thanks for the data.

BTW, if you need help, I'll be your sponsor. Just message.

Jinentonix
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Hush now. petros is proving scientifically that Floyd George had it coming.

Apparently Tony Timpa had it coming first, but that's okay. Gotta keep up the narrative that only Black people are murdered by the police and that only Black people are denied justice when it happens.

DaSleeper
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I have Space Rights.

Alien Lives Matter

Only one summer in my younger days did I ever come close to look anything but white.
I was cuttin 4 foot lumber in the bush that summer and used chain saw bar oil as a sun blocker/ mosquito blocker and would only wash off in a lake every evening on my way home.
By september, I didn't look native, but that was the darkest brown I ever got!

petros
+1
There is a link between amount of sun someone gets and multiple sclerosis. The further north or south you are the higher the odds of developing it.

pgs

I have Space Rights.

Alien Lives Matter

Is that green just around the gills ?

petros
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Is that green just around the gills ?

Environmentalist from the planet Juniper

pgs

Environmentalist from the planet Juniper

That sounds like it is out in the bush somewhere .

DaSleeper
+2

There is a link between amount of sun someone gets and multiple sclerosis. The further north or south you are the higher the odds of developing it.

I'm pretty sure you're further north than me,
my position in Kapuskasing is 49 degrees 25' 27" N

Twin_Moose
Yep East central Sask. is 52 degrees

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by dasleeper View Post

i'm pretty sure you're further north than me,
my position in kapuskasing is 49 degrees 25' 27" n

50 104

vondes
+1
You must be racist!

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by vondes View Post

You must be racist!

Funny listening to folk squeal their OUTRAGE! over calling White people "melanin-deficient." It's jut a fact.

What do you figure the chances are that they'll take the mental leap to the notion that words matter?

vondes
It is interesting, but I have not had such situations for a long time. I am from https://populationstat.com/united-states/seattle. I learned long ago to focus on myself and my life. Other people do not interest me. And I hope I do not interest them too. And I prove once you introduce this approach, believe me, you will have much less negative in your life.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by vondes View Post

It is interesting, but I have not had such situations for a long time. I am from https://populationstat.com/united-states/seattle. I learned long ago to focus on myself and my life. Other people do not interest me. And I hope I do not interest them too. And I prove once you introduce this approach, believe me, you will have much less negative in your life.

None of which explains why you got your boxers in a bunch over my use of the term "melanin-deficient."

Jinentonix
+3

Funny listening to folk squeal their OUTRAGE! over calling White people "melanin-deficient." It's jut a fact.

Is it? It's not a deficiency. Maybe you should learn what eumelanin is first and what role it plays in nature. First off everyone has the same number of melanocytes. In human skin melanogenisis is initiated by exposure to UV radiation. The stronger the sun and the more exposure you have to it, the darker the skin. It's that simple.
As the generations go by, Black people living in northern climes tend to lighten up, even without the introduction of a "snowback in the wood pile" into the genetic stream. It's called evolution, or adaptation if you prefer. I'm sure the opposite would happen with White people living closer to the equator.

Anyone who uses melanin as some kind of racial superiority argument is no better than the nazis or the 17th century Europeans who came up with the moronic idea of basing the worth of one's race by their skin colour in the first place.

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Is it? It's not a deficiency. Maybe you should learn what eumelanin is first and what role it plays in nature. First off everyone has the same number of melanocytes. In human skin melanogenisis is initiated by exposure to UV radiation. The stronger the sun and the more exposure you have to it, the darker the skin. It's that simple.
As the generations go by, Black people living in northern climes tend to lighten up, even without the introduction of a "snowback in the wood pile" into the genetic stream. It's called evolution, or adaptation if you prefer. I'm sure the opposite would happen with White people living closer to the equator.

Anyone who uses melanin as some kind of racial superiority argument is no better than the nazis or the 17th century Europeans who came up with the moronic idea of basing the worth of one's race by their skin colour in the first place.

There is more truth in that than most people would think...
The natives that come here from Attawapiskat every summer are not much darker than people around here.
On another note I have picked up a sunburn in March while ice fishing on a warm day with my shirt off
You get a double whammy with the reflection of the sun on the snow!

Tecumsehsbones

My point exactly. Sorry if the way I put it hurts your feels, but you're not in a very good position to criticize, y'know? You ain't exactly the soul of dulce et decorum lately.

Mowich
+3
True story. A couple of decades ago, one of the summer people took a photo of what they thought was 'an Indian canoeing on the lake', as they put it. Actually, it was me - I regularly went canoeing on the lake. I used to have hair to my waist and would often braid it and I would wear a head band as I sweat a lot especially when exercising. I also tan to a very dark color. I heard through the grapevine about the photo. I was able to set the fellow straight when I met him a local gathering. We both had a good chuckle.

Jinentonix
+3

My point exactly. Sorry if the way I put it hurts your feels, but you're not in a very good position to criticize, y'know? You ain't exactly the soul of dulce et decorum lately.

Yeah I know. Between the pain, the painkillers and the f*ck for sleep lately I've been pretty goddam grumpy. I also need back surgery to try and do something about the near constant sciatic pain but I'm not sure I wanna go that route. From everyone I know who's ever had back surgery, it's like Lay's chips, you can't have just one.

Sorry I lose my shit on you from time to time. You're actually one of the people in here I have some measure of respect for, even when I don't agree with you.

But I will NOT apologize to the hard-core ALT-leftards on this forum. I don't give two shits about the feelings of human garbage who voluntarily go the subhuman route.

Tecumsehsbones
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

True story. A couple of decades ago, one of the summer people took a photo of what they thought was 'an Indian canoeing on the lake', as they put it. Actually, it was me - I regularly went canoeing on the lake. I used to have hair to my waist and would often braid it and I would wear a head band as I sweat a lot especially when exercising. I also tan to a very dark color. I heard through the grapevine about the photo. I was able to set the fellow straight when I met him a local gathering. We both had a good chuckle.

And that's how Mowich got her Indun name, "Middle Finger Woman."

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Yeah I know. Between the pain, the painkillers and the f*ck for sleep lately I've been pretty goddam grumpy. I also need back surgery to try and do something about the near constant sciatic pain but I'm not sure I wanna go that route. From everyone I know who's ever had back surgery, it's like Lay's chips, you can't have just one.
Sorry I lose my shit on you from time to time. You're actually one of the people in here I have some measure of respect for, even when I don't agree with you.
But I will NOT apologize to the hard-core ALT-leftards on this forum. I don't give two shits about the feelings of human garbage who voluntarily go the subhuman route.

Man, that's tough. I'm grieved to hear it. But yeah, that's pretty much what it seems like with back surgery to people I've heard from too. Get three opinions. Pay for one if you have to. "Measure twice, cut once," y'know?

I said a while back you were steady and reasonable, though I disagreed with you a lot. That hasn't changed.

Respect and best wishes. I'll dance a healing dance for you, as soon as I make one up.

Jinentonix
+3

Man, that's tough. I'm grieved to hear it. But yeah, that's pretty much what it seems like with back surgery to people I've heard from too. Get three opinions. Pay for one if you have to. "Measure twice, cut once," y'know?

I said a while back you were steady and reasonable, though I disagreed with you a lot. That hasn't changed.

Respect and best wishes. I'll dance a healing dance for you, as soon as I make one up.

Thanks Tec. I'll let you know if it works. And thanks for understanding.

petros

Epidurals arent working or just dont work for you?

Jinentonix
+4
#28  Top Rated Post

Epidurals arent working or just dont work for you?

I don't get them. I'm a little paranoid about having people, no matter how well trained, screwing around with or near my spine. It took me two years to walk again after the crash and to be honest, I'm afraid of losing that ability again. Been there, don't wanna risk being there again. In one of the towns I lived in the local hospital was prohibited from giving epidurals because they ended up paralyzing four people in less than a year. And in all seriousness, the LAST thing I need right now is steroids, of any kind.

petros
+2

I don't get them. I'm a little paranoid about having people, no matter how well trained, screwing around with or near my spine. It took me two years to walk again after the crash and to be honest, I'm afraid of losing that ability again. Been there, don't wanna risk being there again. In one of the towns I lived in the local hospital was prohibited from giving epidurals because they ended up paralyzing four people in less than a year. And in all seriousness, the LAST thing I need right now is steroids, of any kind.

I have stenosis and MS related neuropathy in my legs and feet.

At first the idea of such an invasive treatment was unthinkable until I couldn't walk.

5 minutes after my first shot I was doing jumping jacks. I usually get them every 3 months but with COVID19 it's been 6 months. I'm doing okay with heavy ibuprofen but its nowhere near the beautiful, instant relief of an epidural.

I have an exceptionally good anesthesiologist and have zero trust issues with him.

If you can get one, get one. A near normal life is possible.

Yup, I did put on 10 kg but with a little restraint getting huge doesn't have to happen.

Mowich
+2

And that's how Mowich got her Indun name, "Middle Finger Woman."

Cool. I picked it as a friend of mine from Canim Lake reserve told me that it means 'deer' in the Shuswap language but 'middle finger woman' works just as well.