Canada loses jobs, economy and companies


taxme
+6
#91
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Consumer Insolvencies Approach Record in Debt-Weary Canada
Good thing our economy is booming according to Hoid otherwise it would be looking pretty bleak

Total nonsense. Canada is looking very bleak despite what the so called economy experts and the media is telling us. They are all okay. Their Canada is working out great for them. They say: where is the problem? Our economy is going down the tubes. As an example, thousands of good paying jobs have and are still being lost in Alberta. Pipelines and other big projects cannot get built that will create thousands of new jobs and money for the economy and for the thieves in Ottawa.

Sure they will tell us that their is plenty of investments going on in Canada, but they will not tell us as to how much of those investments have pretty much gone belly up. Just report good news, please. Our Canadian dollar(peso)should tell us all that the economy is not all going all that great. A country like Canada should be one of the filthy rich countries in the world. But thanks to our dear pro-globalist leaders in Ottawa, they want to make sure that Canada stays poor and near bankruptcy and Canada stays in debt to the international banksters. And all of these blockades going on in Canada, how can that help to make and keep Canada somewhat great? Of course our politicians are all okay. They are guaranteed to get their paychecks every month while many are now unemployed. Canada is truly looking very bleak.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
#92
Quote: Originally Posted by taxme View Post

Sometimes I am of the opinion that Canada and it's dear wonderful politically correct political leaders are trying to de-industrialize Canada and turn it back to the 17th century. There has been so many attacks on so many oil and gas projects in Alberta and BC that could create tens of thousands of new and run off jobs makes one have to wonder as to why there is so many groups of people that are against pipelines and jobs?

With the lieberals running the country and the socialist environmentalist NDP running BC, it's a wonder that they have not pretty much already shut down most if not all the pipelines in BC and Alberta just to please a tiny minority of whiners and crybaby native Indians and environmentalists terrorists who seem to be always in command of what will and what will not get built. This bs that new pipelines will always be doing damage to the environment thru the many leaks that might happen to those pipelines is so way out to lunch nonsense. sure there may be a leak or two but I doubt that the leak will cause a major disaster to their precious environment.

It is always a tiny small minority of troublemakers that always try to make life miserable for we the rest of the majority Canadian people. This minority rule needs to come to an end. The majority must rule. That is real democracy at work plain and simple.

Pretty much sum up why Americans elected Trump . Fed up with the status quo . Unfortunately we up here in Canada were also fed up with the status quo . We got sunshine lollipops and rainbows .
 
petros
+3
#93
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

today we have record employment and stock markets and a meh oil and gas sector
because ridiculously high oil and gas prices hurt our overall economy

Are you prepared for the next leap in inflation come April 1? Will you drive the minivan less or turn down the thermostat?
 
petros
+2
#94
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Maybe tater tot can force the Minister of Justice or Attorney General to find Airbus guilty of some heinous crime and confiscate the company?

Puddle...tru d'eau...a fu-cking shallow puddle.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+3
#95
$600 Million loss for minimum 6 years before any chance to recoup for Quebec in the Bombardier deal
 
captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+4
#96
Quote: Originally Posted by taxme View Post

Total nonsense. Canada is looking very bleak despite what the so called economy experts and the media is telling us. They are all okay. Their Canada is working out great for them. They say: where is the problem? Our economy is going down the tubes. As an example, thousands of good paying jobs have and are still being lost in Alberta. Pipelines and other big projects cannot get built that will create thousands of new jobs and money for the economy and for the thieves in Ottawa.

Sure they will tell us that their is plenty of investments going on in Canada, but they will not tell us as to how much of those investments have pretty much gone belly up. Just report good news, please. Our Canadian dollar(peso)should tell us all that the economy is not all going all that great. A country like Canada should be one of the filthy rich countries in the world. But thanks to our dear pro-globalist leaders in Ottawa, they want to make sure that Canada stays poor and near bankruptcy and Canada stays in debt to the international banksters. And all of these blockades going on in Canada, how can that help to make and keep Canada somewhat great? Of course our politicians are all okay. They are guaranteed to get their paychecks every month while many are now unemployed. Canada is truly looking very bleak.


I still can't figure out what economic sector(s) are doing so well as to float the national budget now that the various resource sectors have been pummeled


Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

$600 Million loss for minimum 6 years before any chance to recoup for Quebec in the Bombardier deal


Caisse Populaire will be eating a giant bowl of sh*t on these loses.... More pressure on tater tot to funnel more non-existent cash in Que
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
#97
Quebec Premier said their $1.7 Billion surplus is only $1.1 Billion now, the question I have is how do they have any surplus with close to a $12 Billion transfer payment? Shouldn't that money be turned back in to benefit some other province or reduce the deficit? Or even be given back to Alberta?
 
captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+4
#98
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Quebec Premier said their $1.7 Billion surplus is only $1.1 Billion now, the question I have is how do they have any surplus with close to a $12 Billion transfer payment? Shouldn't that money be turned back in to benefit some other province or reduce the deficit? Or even be given back to Alberta?


Que incorporates the transfer payments as part of their GDP as if they earned that money via activities in the province.


Take away the transfer payments and Que is deep in the red
 
Decapoda
+4
#99
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Quebec Premier said their $1.7 Billion surplus is only $1.1 Billion now, the question I have is how do they have any surplus with close to a $12 Billion transfer payment? Shouldn't that money be turned back in to benefit some other province or reduce the deficit? Or even be given back to Alberta?

Of course not, Quebec believes they are entitled to the resource revenue of Alberta. Truth is, they are total idiots that fail to realize the system is broken and unsustainable. With Trudeau flat-out refusing to renegotiate the equalization formula for another 5 years, the Liberals and QC is expecting AB and SK to put their economy in debt to fund Quebec's surplus....while at the same time, kneecapping the ability of AB to develop resources and generate revenue and systematically destroying their resource economy.

Not only is it unsustainable, but Albertans have reached the end of their rope. I suspect that dramatic change is imminent in this country, the East better buckle up for a bumpy ride.
 
spilledthebeer
+1
#100
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

Of course not, Quebec believes they are entitled to the resource revenue of Alberta. Truth is, they are total idiots that fail to realize the system is broken and unsustainable. With Trudeau flat-out refusing to renegotiate the equalization formula for another 5 years, the Liberals and QC is expecting AB and SK to put their economy in debt to fund Quebec's surplus....while at the same time, kneecapping the ability of AB to develop resources and generate revenue and systematically destroying their resource economy.

Not only is it unsustainable, but Albertans have reached the end of their rope. I suspect that dramatic change is imminent in this country, the East better buckle up for a bumpy ride.




UH OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It is official!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Our idiot Boy Justin HAS GIVEN UP TRYING TO GOVERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I saw Our idiot Boy Justin on the CBC News at noon today - that would be February 14, 2020 answering various put to him by tame CBC UNIFOR UNION HOGS - giving his usual vague and irrelevant answers and it occurred to me he has given up trying to govern Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES - it is truly remarkable how many answers he can give that DO NOT address the question being asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for those who take issue with me describing CBC UNIFOR members as either HOGS or media whores - we have only to look at how easily the unionized mob of media whores WERE SATISFIED WITH IRRELEVANT AND MEANINGLESS PLATITUDES in answer to SPECIFIC QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our idiot Boy was asked about the native blockades that are starting to cripple our economy and he told us that THE DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER has been in touch with the provincial premiers and other stake holders and is discussing the matter!!!

Because Our idiot Boy far to busy chasing that elusive United Nations security Council Seat he covets - and DOES NOT wish to be bothered with petty stuff like dealing with radical insurrection closing down major portions of our transportation network!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our idiot Boy looked into the camera and told us the situation is quite complex and there are multiple stakeholders who must be heard and he went on to insist repeatedly that “Canada is a nation ruled by laws and the govt does not tell police
how to do their jobs”!!!!!!!!!!

This answer prompted a question about assorted court injunctions that HAVE BEEN OBTAINED by the cops but have not yet been enforced and why is that???

And our idiot Boy reiterated his statement about the rule of law - which begs the question as to WHY some Cdns are free to make their own laws??????????

Our idiot Boy then went on to talk about his trip to Africa and the opportunities he saw there - for sponsoring trade and education and other good things in places like Ethiopia and Cameroon and Niger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently Our idiot boy has decided that sponsoring trade and education in Canada is not nearly rewarding enough and he wants to enter this new African political arena???????????????

Or maybe he is hoping that the illiteracy and language difficulties that many Africans work with will also help to LIMIT the number of nasty questions he is asked in either English or French at media scrums in future???????????????

The idiot Boy was then asked about the VERY WARM GREETING he offered to the Iranian Foreign Minister who has just arrived in Canada and the reporter suggested it might LOOK BAD to Cdns to offer such a warm welcome to the representative of a regime that had just MURDERED 57 Cdns?????????

And Our idiot Boy offered his usual pious platitudes about how often he has pressed Iran for a full investigation into the “ACCIDENT” that befell that Ukrainian aircraft - that was deliberately shot down by Iran!!!!!!!!!!!

Another question led to a discussion of civil rights in various African countries and it led to Our idiot Boy assuring us that he brings up civil rights where ever he goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And some ink stained media mean mouth then quoted one of the African leaders Trudope had just met - telling the media that HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN and not permitted in his land and etc - the usual homophobic litany that Our idiot Boy claims to DEPLORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yet Our idiot Boy is hoping to win a Security Council Seat - with the support of his homophobic African supporters who are willing to publicly repudiate Trudope opinions re the rights of homosexuals and transgender citizens!!!!!!!!!!!

One wonders how many hundreds of millions of dollars in Cdn foreign aid would be required to persuade African leaders to knock off the gay bashing for a while in order to please Our idiot Boy??

In other news - Norway is also vying for one of the Security Council Seats and that country has been giving FIVE HUNDRED PERCENT MORE FOREIGN AID to Africa that Canada does - and the Norwegian govt does not send representatives to African countries to try the patience of African leaders by spouting crap about promoting gay rights in countries where being gay is still criminal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In related news - Our idiot Boy told the assembled media whores that “the United Nations is the most important decision making body in the world today”!!!!!!!!

Which statement suggests that Trudope interest in the activities of the Cdn parliament HAS FADED BADLY in recent months!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shall we blame the Trudope focus on the U.N. on the refusal of Cdns to offer the idiot Boy another Majority Govt????????????????

It does seem as if Our idiot Boy has decided that settling Cdn disagreements is worse than wrangling Cats and has decided to leave us to stew in our own collective bile??????????????????
 
taxme
+3
#101
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Are you prepared for the next leap in inflation come April 1? Will you drive the minivan less or turn down the thermostat?

Nope. I am not going to give up on my lifestyle of the poor and not so famous until I start to see more action be taken by the ones who keep pushing this so called global warming scare and they start to practice what they preach themselves. 2 degree warming in the next 80 years is nothing to get all worked over. Besides many coastal cities are already preparing for the day that this 2 degree warming is going to do to all of the lands on earth. If the ocean water levels do happen to rise by a few feet in the next 80 years there is no need to panic. It is not like the whole earth is going to be flooded by all the glaciers melting.

But to all of those who are all up in a worry over global warming, then they better start to go after the third world and the amount of greenhouse gases that they are putting into the atmosphere. The people that live in the western countries of the world only make up approx. 8% of world population. The other 92% live in non-western countries. So just who is really causing the greenhouse gas levels to rise here? It sure ain't me doing all that much harm here in BC, pardner.
 
taxme
+2
#102
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Quebec Premier said their $1.7 Billion surplus is only $1.1 Billion now, the question I have is how do they have any surplus with close to a $12 Billion transfer payment? Shouldn't that money be turned back in to benefit some other province or reduce the deficit? Or even be given back to Alberta?

Quebec has and always will make an ass of the rest of Canada. They are the pampered pouches here in Canada, and will always be coddled and controlled by the french controlled politicians in Ottawa who make up approx. 70% of the federal employees working in the federal government in da attawa.

They are always whining and crying for more western tax dollars, and the sad part is that the western provinces and their gutless leaders keep giving it to them without a whimper, and who say or do nothing about this theft of money being stolen from the western provinces. The people in the western provinces should be all filthy rich if it were not for french Quebec Canada being allowed to keep stealing their hard earned money. When will these westerners ever learn that they are the teat that Quebec is allowed to suck off of. Amazing indeed.
 
spilledthebeer
#103
Quote: Originally Posted by taxme View Post

Nope. I am not going to give up on my lifestyle of the poor and not so famous until I start to see more action be taken by the ones who keep pushing this so called global warming scare and they start to practice what they preach themselves. 2 degree warming in the next 80 years is nothing to get all worked over. Besides many coastal cities are already preparing for the day that this 2 degree warming is going to do to all of the lands on earth. If the ocean water levels do happen to rise by a few feet in the next 80 years there is no need to panic. It is not like the whole earth is going to be flooded by all the glaciers melting.

But to all of those who are all up in a worry over global warming, then they better start to go after the third world and the amount of greenhouse gases that they are putting into the atmosphere. The people that live in the western countries of the world only make up approx. 8% of world population. The other 92% live in non-western countries. So just who is really causing the greenhouse gas levels to rise here? It sure ain't me doing all that much harm here in BC, pardner.




OH DEAR ME..................................poor taxme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LET ME tell you about my idiot brother in law...........................


the one who blames China for all the pollution....................................


as if 34 million Cdns were entitled to produce almost as much carbon as a billion Chinese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Bull headed brother in law sees no reason why he should not continue driving an SUV.........................


and living in the scenic country where he has to drive 30 minutes on the highway to get even basic groceries.......................


and he see no evil in flying from Toronto to B.C. to spend a week or two playing on diesel powered chair lifts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And he DOES ENJOY going out on the lakes to troll for lake trout - puttering along in a plume of exhaust smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



And yet brother in law is convinced that it is those dirty Chinese with their demand for refrigerators and flush toilets .......................


to be installed in their 4th floor walk up apartments - the ones so primitive they only have COLD WATER.....................


and they must heat water for washing up - on a stove..................................



after they get finished riding home from work -through tropical heat on a bicycle or a bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The average Cdn burns about TEN TIMES the amount of fossil fuel as a Chinese peasant........................


and yet brother in law thinks it is FAIR to refer to Chinese as the DIRTY ONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


As for coastal cities getting ready for the sea level to rise....................


which cities would that be???????????????


From what I can see the LIE-beral effort to prepare consists of two things............................


telling us we should get used to being flooded..........................


and telling us we should BUY MORE FLOOD INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
taxme
+2
#104
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Que incorporates the transfer payments as part of their GDP as if they earned that money via activities in the province.
Take away the transfer payments and Que is deep in the red

If it were not for the West, Quebec would now be just another on the dole Maritime province forever, which I guess that it is safe to say that it has already. Quebec has not contributed one red cent since they have been in confederation. But the french sure have done a lot of sucking of money from the West to help keep themselves from going belly up. Quebec has always been a leech on the rest of Canada. And they were the ones that gave the rest of Canada bilingualism while they now have the bloody nerve to call themselves a unilingual french speaking nation living in Canada.

Since the days of old man Trudeau, Canada has gone downhill ever since that fool became the prime mistake of Canada in 1980. In his own victory speech he said "welcome to the new Canada". Boy, are we ever living in a new Canada today. It's starting to become and look unrecognizable these days. Both Trudeau's will have completed their mission in Canada of trying to turn Canada into an unrecognizable hell hole if this present day kid Trudeau has another four more years to work on Canada. I am one frustrated Anglo conservative nationalist pro Canadian in Canada. I am watching as my country is disappearing right in front of me, and I just see myself not being able to do a dam thing about it. Aw well. what more can be said.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
#105
Quote: Originally Posted by taxme View Post

Total nonsense. Canada is looking very bleak despite what the so called economy experts and the media is telling us. They are all okay. Their Canada is working out great for them. They say: where is the problem? Our economy is going down the tubes. As an example, thousands of good paying jobs have and are still being lost in Alberta. Pipelines and other big projects cannot get built that will create thousands of new jobs and money for the economy and for the thieves in Ottawa.
Sure they will tell us that their is plenty of investments going on in Canada, but they will not tell us as to how much of those investments have pretty much gone belly up. Just report good news, please. Our Canadian dollar(peso)should tell us all that the economy is not all going all that great. A country like Canada should be one of the filthy rich countries in the world. But thanks to our dear pro-globalist leaders in Ottawa, they want to make sure that Canada stays poor and near bankruptcy and Canada stays in debt to the international banksters. And all of these blockades going on in Canada, how can that help to make and keep Canada somewhat great? Of course our politicians are all okay. They are guaranteed to get their paychecks every month while many are now unemployed. Canada is truly looking very bleak.

You haven't been around long enough to be subjected to hoid. Basically if there is a wrong side to a topic he is on it. To the point of blind obedience.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
#106
Climate Barbie is now Barbie the builder, but with the same baggage

Auditor general to scrutinize government's $187B infrastructure program

Quote:

OTTAWA — The Trudeau government's massive $187-billion infrastructure program will be scrutinized by the office of the auditor general of Canada.
Interim auditor general Sylvain Ricard says his office will endeavour to complete its investigation and report to Parliament no later than next January — as requested in a Conservative motion passed by the House of Commons late last month.
The government said at the time that it supported an audit, but most Liberals voted against the motion because it was critical of the government's lack of transparency and accountability on the file.
A promise to undertake massive infrastructure investments was a centrepiece of the Liberals' election platform in 2015, intended to boost the economy and create jobs.
However, several reports by the parliamentary budget officer have since found that the money is not getting out the door as quickly as intended.
And a Senate committee warned in 2017 that the sprawling program is unfocused and overly complicated, with 31 different departments responsible for doling out funds.
In a statement Friday, Infrastructure Minister Catherine McKenna said the government is proud of the "historic investments" it is making in infrastructure and welcomed the auditor general's decision to examine them.
"Under our Investing in Canada Plan, we have approved and committed funding to more than 52,000 projects from coast to coast to coast for a federal contribution of more than $57.5 billion," she said.
McKenna said she's committed to getting projects built quickly and encouraged some provinces that she said "have been slow to bring projects forward" to work with the federal government to speed things up.

 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
#107
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Climate Barbie is now Barbie the builder, but with the same baggage
Auditor general to scrutinize government's $187B infrastructure program

If the park trail I am working on they will not get much of a bang for the buck. If there is an expensive way of doing things the imagineers in charge know it. We are building a walking trail to freeway standards.
 
Mowich
Conservative
+2
#108
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Climate Barbie is now Barbie the builder, but with the same baggage

Auditor general to scrutinize government's $187B infrastructure program


Barbie the Builder........has a nice ring to it. Instead of bleeding the Canadian treasury dry, she might start her own reality TV series. I'm sure millions would tune into watch her trying to cope with a chain saw.
 
Hoid
#109
2020 off to a great start

Canada's economy gains 34,500 jobs, more than double the forecast
Unemployment rate falls to near record low at 5.5%

https://business.financialpost.com/n...ent-rate-falls

TSX rises to new records on momentum with no direction from closed U.S. markets

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/ma...162959463.html
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#110
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

If the park trail I am working on they will not get much of a bang for the buck. If there is an expensive way of doing things the imagineers in charge know it. We are building a walking trail to freeway standards.

Wheelchair accessible?
 
spilledthebeer
+1
#111
Quote: Originally Posted by taxme View Post

Total nonsense. Canada is looking very bleak despite what the so called economy experts and the media is telling us. They are all okay. Their Canada is working out great for them. They say: where is the problem? Our economy is going down the tubes. As an example, thousands of good paying jobs have and are still being lost in Alberta. Pipelines and other big projects cannot get built that will create thousands of new jobs and money for the economy and for the thieves in Ottawa.

Sure they will tell us that their is plenty of investments going on in Canada, but they will not tell us as to how much of those investments have pretty much gone belly up. Just report good news, please. Our Canadian dollar(peso)should tell us all that the economy is not all going all that great. A country like Canada should be one of the filthy rich countries in the world. But thanks to our dear pro-globalist leaders in Ottawa, they want to make sure that Canada stays poor and near bankruptcy and Canada stays in debt to the international banksters. And all of these blockades going on in Canada, how can that help to make and keep Canada somewhat great? Of course our politicians are all okay. They are guaranteed to get their paychecks every month while many are now unemployed. Canada is truly looking very bleak.




Not to worry.............not too much anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


HemerHOID has reached a point of being so delusional .........................


that he is now comic relief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


HemerHOID figures that as long as somebody is PAYING HIM............................


to spew LIE-beral propaganda like an out of control and SUPER CHARGED MANURE SPREADER.......................


that all is right with the LIE-beral world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And hemerHOID does not recognize any other world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Mowich
Conservative
+2
#112
Canada’s no good, very bad fourth quarter might be even worse than we expected

Canadian manufacturing sales unexpectedly sank in December, a disappointing end to an already weak year for the sector.

Factory shipments were down 0.7 per cent from November, the fourth straight monthly decline for the indicator, driven by a sharp drop in motor vehicle sales, Statistics Canada reported Tuesday in Ottawa. Economists had predicted sales would rebound by 0.7 per cent.

Economists had thought December would be a stronger month for factories, particularly after trade data showed a jump in exports in the month following the end to the CN Rail strike in November. The data, which also showed falling new orders, will reinforce expectations the Canadian economy stalled in the final quarter of 2019.

The weak December reading was driven by a 6.8 per cent drop in motor vehicle shipments, along with a 16 per cent decline in aerospace products. Sales were down in 11 of 21 industries, representing 43 per cent of the Canadian manufacturing sector.
In volume terms, sales were down 0.4 per cent.

For all of 2019, sales increased 0.5 per cent, down from 5.4 per cent in 2018 and 6 per cent in 2017.

business.financialpost.com/news/economy/factory-sales-unexpectedly-drop-in-canada-to-cap-poor-year

Canadians can count on the economy looking even bleaker in light of all the illegal blockades holding up the transportation of goods and services. Our economy is losing millions daily due the the ineffective politics of our so-called government.
 
spilledthebeer
+1
#113
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Canada’s no good, very bad fourth quarter might be even worse than we expected

Canadian manufacturing sales unexpectedly sank in December, a disappointing end to an already weak year for the sector.

Factory shipments were down 0.7 per cent from November, the fourth straight monthly decline for the indicator, driven by a sharp drop in motor vehicle sales, Statistics Canada reported Tuesday in Ottawa. Economists had predicted sales would rebound by 0.7 per cent.

Economists had thought December would be a stronger month for factories, particularly after trade data showed a jump in exports in the month following the end to the CN Rail strike in November. The data, which also showed falling new orders, will reinforce expectations the Canadian economy stalled in the final quarter of 2019.

The weak December reading was driven by a 6.8 per cent drop in motor vehicle shipments, along with a 16 per cent decline in aerospace products. Sales were down in 11 of 21 industries, representing 43 per cent of the Canadian manufacturing sector.
In volume terms, sales were down 0.4 per cent.

For all of 2019, sales increased 0.5 per cent, down from 5.4 per cent in 2018 and 6 per cent in 2017.

business.financialpost.com/news/economy/factory-sales-unexpectedly-drop-in-canada-to-cap-poor-year

Canadians can count on the economy looking even bleaker in light of all the illegal blockades holding up the transportation of goods and services. Our economy is losing millions daily due the the ineffective politics of our so-called government.




For anybody who cares to look ............................


our economic problems ALL STEM from UNCERTAINTY ABOUT BORROWED GRAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Through out 2019 we witnessed Conservative minded provincial govt strike back and struggle to REGAIN CONTROL



of our economy after WAY TO MUCH LIE-beral DEBT and fiscal debuchery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We are CRIPPLED BY THAT DEBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And LIE-berals and their bought and paid for civil service union HOG ALLIES..........................


EXPECT OTHERS TO BAIL THE COUNTRY OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


While at the same time HOGS DEMAND MORE GRAVY from the poorer people among us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LIE-berals would VERY MUCH LIKE TO GIVE HOGS THAT GRAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


In order to retain the VERY COSTLY HOG SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


But TOO BAD - WE ARE BROKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The Cdn economy was put on PAUSE b6y the 2019 election as TENS OF THOUSANDS OF HOGS....................


HELD THEIR BREATHS AND WAITED TO SEE IF LIE-beral bribery and shameless vote buying would win the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And IT DID NOT - the Cdn public IS PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



AND now we are facing huge new demands by radical natives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I certainly notice that BIZ SLOWS DRAMATICALLY whenever there is an election in the offing...................


or whenever there is a civil service union HOG STRIKE being organized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We now have Unifor striking out west.................................


and teachers striking in Ontari-owe............................


and Toronto Outside Workers - meaning garbage men and snow plow operators and etc.....................


moving rapidly into strike position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And ALL OF THEM WANT MORE GRAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


From a deeply indebted govt...............................


that is also wrestling with the Wuhan Virus and its costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And Our idiot Boy and his loser LIE-berals HAVE YET to do anything about the tens of thousands of illegals...................


that they plan to turn into LIE-beral supporters in a SHAMELESS POWER GRAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


At the expense of ordinary Cdns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And now Our idiot Boy is FUMBLING TO DEAL WITH THE RADICAL NATIVES....................


THAT DECADES OF LIE-beral policy have ENCOURAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And Our idiot Boy and doorknob Jagmeet Singh have nothing to say ...........................


except that we "should talk till we reach consensus and agreement"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And never mind that the country is PARALYZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And never mind how MUCH BLACKMAIL CASH WILL BE REQUIRED.......................


TO REACH THAT EXTORTED AGREEMENT WITH THUGS HOLDING THE COUNTRY HOSTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Our idiot Boy told us back in 2015 that "Canada is back"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And SO IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


RIGHT BACK TO THE COSTLY CRAP THAT GOT PIERRE THROWN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Hoid
#114
TSX at 17,850

record territory
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#115
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Wheelchair accessible?

Yes. Paved even.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
#116
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

2020 off to a great start
Canada's economy gains 34,500 jobs, more than double the forecast
Unemployment rate falls to near record low at 5.5%
https://business.financialpost.com/n...ent-rate-falls
TSX rises to new records on momentum with no direction from closed U.S. markets
https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/ma...162959463.html

Forgot to deduct all the CN workers that just lost their jobs due to domestic terrorism.