Biofuels = higher food costs/less food

Nuggler
It don't take a freakin genius to see that if'n you have a load of finite stuff, and you use a bunch of it for somethun, ther ain't gonna be as much leff over for sumethun else.

Ol Nugg and a bunch a like retards ben sayin this fer a while now, and lookee heer, aktually someone agrees.

They gotta be stoopid two??

http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc..._report_080704

CDNBear
Nugg...

This is so true and it's only going to get worse.

Between urban sprawl and the switching of crop rotations to bio diverse fuels, we'll only see a steady rise in our food bills.

Guys like you and I of course have an alternative...hunting, fishing, etc.

But the inner city folk and third worlders will suffer greatly.

darkbeaver
And those that pushed for biofuel industrialization knew well in advance what the results would be. The accelaration of population die-back. There is no oil shortage there never has been. Oil will last longer than humans (see abiotic oil) it dosn't come from mountains of dead tyranassorus rexes.

Nuggler
Now yez can ramble on about "famous abortionists" gettin the ordure of Kanada and the like, an sayin it's good er bad and whatnot; which caint be proved either way, just ****ing opinionated ****; but if yez aint got no food, yez aint gonna have the strength ta ****, so it kinda makes abortion and high costs of this and that seem kinda unimportant.

How many of youse has wrote a lettre to his er hers MP (not that it'll do a ****ing bit of good), protestin the use of biofuels. I has, but I"m a cause I don't give a **** either way about ol Henry and what he does. An I kood kare less about the ****ing ordure of Kanada, and our PC gove. gen. who is black and it's oh so ****ing nice to have a black/green/pink/purple gov. gen. Aint we great.!!!

It's been so politicized, it don't meen **** no more. Knicker notter is whut it is.

It's a smoke screen folks. Get with what's improtant. Like, eetin stuff, eh.

Jest my .02.5

NickernotterNugger.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Nugg...

Between urban sprawl and the switching of crop rotations to bio diverse fuels, we'll only see a steady rise in our food bills.

It don't take long for game to become scarce Bear add to that the extra cost of fuel to chase the game further and further out from the burbs, so even the skilled hunter gatherer will eventually get hungry. This was conspiracy.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

And those that pushed for biofuel industrialization knew well in advance what the results would be. The accelaration of population die-back. There is no oil shortage there never has been. Oil will last longer than humans (see abiotic oil) it dosn't come from mountains of dead tyranassorus rexes.

That may be true, but you and your ilk have been beating the global warming drums of doom so long. Everyone began to buy the end of the world thoughts and decided to go green...now look what you did.

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Nugg...

Yah, true enough, Bear; and screw the innercityies who elected Mike Harrass (not in this thread of course......... , and figuratively speaking also.............ken you imagine waking up next to him???)

But, if a bunch of people have to start hunting and fishing, there won't be a helluvalot to hunt nor fish before long, cause there is more people than game.........unfortunately.

Sadly, too, there will be a plethora of dead hunter/ fisher wannabees lyin in the woods and water, kilt by other wannabees who thot they wuz a deer............. !! Too rich.

Ah, Bear, no one wants the above to happen. It's just so ****ing stupid that people can be so ****ing stupid. Sad Sad

I"m gonna go have a coffe with two spoonfuls of caffeine then fling myself again and again against against the shop wall, and scourge myself with raspberry canes...........until my attitude becomes more positive.

Goddamit.

Buzmeg
The scientists solved the problem of food for fuel.

The farmers just send the waste to the ethanol plants instead of plowing it under at the end.

Corn for example use the corn kernels for food and the stocks use for ethanol.

In fact you can start digging up the landfill and use that for fuel production.

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by Buzmeg View Post

The farmers just send the waste to the ethanol plants instead of plowing it under at the end.

In fact you can start digging up the landfill and use that for fuel production.

Hi Buz; welcome to CC

No one's arguing that. It's a great idea, and nearby in Ottywaw, the center of the universe, they are in fact tapping into garbage heaps and using the methane for god knows what. An, that's a helluva idea, and it will make someone terrificly wealthy. And provide gas for whatever.

Where the feces hits the air conditioning in my mind is diverting the EXISTING STOCKS of corn and grains into fuel production. Now, that's dumb. Being done though, and the people who are doing it are "smart" people....................WTF!!!

Hope the government is going to provide begging bowls a la Calcutta, cause we're gonna need em someday not to far away.

Hope I don't look like a deer.

lone wolf
So ... why aren't we firing up the jalopy on wood alcohol? Making fuel from grains and corn is like feeding an addiction.

Zzarchov
Id like to point out

The third world has been screaming for years how we are making them poor by keeping food so cheap (with subsidies) they couldn't compete and ever crawl out of poverty.

Now food isn't so cheap and they can crawl out of poverty. Why the complaining?

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by Zzarchov View Post

Id like to point out

The third world has been screaming for years how we are making them poor by keeping food so cheap (with subsidies) they couldn't compete and ever crawl out of poverty.

Now food isn't so cheap and they can crawl out of poverty. Why the complaining?

Yup, there they are, crawlin right out.

With all the wunnerful they get from us, they should be out anytime now.

Zzarchov
The point is, they claimed they didn't need help.

All they wanted was for us to stop supplying them with artificially cheap food. Now we aren't.

Vast swathes of farmland sit empty accross Africa and Latin America, if there was really an issue of food, they could just stop letting the land sit fallow and grow more.

A bigger question is why do they have more people than they can feed on their own land?

Sovereignty isn't all rights, its responsibilities too. One responsibility is self sustainability.

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by Zzarchov View Post

The point is, they claimed they didn't need help.

All they wanted was for us to stop supplying them with artificially cheap food. Now we aren't.

Vast swathes of farmland sit empty accross Africa and Latin America, if there was really an issue of food, they could just stop letting the land sit fallow and grow more.

A bigger question is why do they have more people than they can feed on their own land?

Sovereignty isn't all rights, its responsibilities too. One responsibility is self sustainability.

Right, got it. Sorry; I should read more carefully.

Absolutely right about the responsibilities. You think we'll ever regret paving over some really good farmland?

Tis a bit of a yuk, really, when they drove the white farmers off land in Africa, gave it back to the indigenous folk, and now it sits idle. No doubt we send food to em also.

Nug

L Gilbert
Um, the trouble with sending the chaff and stuff for biofuel means that the ground will not have the nitrogen that came from the rotting stalks. That will show up and the farmers will end up getting fertilizer (or more fertilizer) they hadn't needed before. Then that domino hits another and so on.

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by Buzmeg View Post

Cellulosic ethanol is a long ways away yet. I love the law of unintended consequences. Here`s what happens when you don`t plow under the remains of crops.

The soil depletion speeds up. So now, instead of using that biomass to help maintain soil quality, you end up needing more fertilizer. The problem is, fields are over fertilized as is. In trying to get more fertilizer in the field, it runs off the field, then the end result is huge areas of ocean that are barren. So now we`re still killing food.

Zzarchov
Very true.

I suggest a 1 child policy for the whole world, then we can synch up how many people we have with how many we can support on this planet.

And while Im dreaming, I'd also like a pony and a solid gold rocketship!