Free Thinker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtd4tds-I0U

The Republicans Are the Problem | Real Time with Bill Maher

Walter
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtd4tds-I0U
The Republicans Are the Problem | Real Time with Bill Maher

Maher. Funny, but not worth taking seriously.

AnnaEmber
No Party Affiliation
+2 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Maher. Funny, but not worth taking seriously.

^ An example of not accepting the evidence.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

There's possibly another side to that story. IF you tell the whole f**king wide world that you've invented a cure for something, it's only going to be a matter of time before a scam artist is going to sue you for mal practice, claiming your cure went sideways on him/her. Those f**kers are a dime a dozen!

AnnaEmber
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

There's possibly another side to that story. IF you tell the whole f**king wide world that you've invented a cure for something, it's only going to be a matter of time before a scam artist is going to sue you for mal practice, claiming your cure went sideways on him/her. Those f**kers are a dime a dozen!

Good reason not to invent cures, right? (sarc)

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

Good reason not to invent cures, right? (sarc)

Good reason to be Very Careful for sure. You like to help someone out who NEEDS help, but you'd have to be VERY specific as to what it will cure and before you finish with the recipient, get him/her to sign off that the treatment and obligations are complete. While I'm not sure that is a guarantee at the very least it should slow the assholes down.

Walter

^ An example of not accepting the evidence.

Maher’s got his head up his ass. He’s always been a prog.

Hoid
Birther doesn't like progs.

Or n words like Obama

JLM
No Party Affiliation

I always enjoyed Bill Maher, great sense of humour. For a guy who keeps his head up his ass he is pretty observant!

Walter

I always enjoyed Bill Maher, great sense of humour. For a guy who keeps his head up his ass he is pretty observant!

Like I said, funny, but still a prog.

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
Yep, Bill Maher, because he's speaking out against Trump his head is up his ass. Anyone who speaks out against Trump is summarily dismissed, it's tiring. But hey, it's hard to hear truths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZIbipRpjJ4

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+2 / -1
Bill Maher on who's really deranged, it's the Republicans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob7EWtaUL_o

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Yep, Bill Maher, because he's speaking out against Trump his head is up his ass. Anyone who speaks out against Trump is summarily dismissed, it's tiring. But hey, it's hard to hear truths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZIbipRpjJ4

Maybe Bill knows sumpin about Trump I don't. (In order to have the knowledge about Trump that Walter does you have to be within sight of Trump 16 hours a day 7 days a week.)

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+1 / -1

Maybe Bill knows sumpin about Trump I don't. (In order to have the knowledge about Trump that Walter does you have to be within sight of Trump 16 hours a day 7 days a week.)

Bill Maher does know about Trump and IMO nails him every time. Many people know about Trump, just some of call him out on his shit while others let it slide. Walter has tunnel vision when it comes to Trump.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Bill Maher does know about Trump and IMO nails him every time. Many people know about Trump, just some of call him out on his shit while others let it slide. Walter has tunnel vision when it comes to Trump.

And Obama. One thing where you have to give Trump SOME slack is you're never sure what he does of his own volition and what is direction from his advisors. You know damn well he doesn't make any big decisions himself (unless he's absolutely crazy) November 3 will be a very interesting day - hopefully whichever way it goes it shuts a lot of people up permanently.

AnnaEmber
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1

Just like you, right, except you are a regressive?

JLM
No Party Affiliation

I never did fully understand what is wrong with being a "Prog".

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1

Walter

Rent free.

Walter
+1

I never did fully understand what is wrong with being a "Prog".

The problem with Progressivism
https://www.cleveland.com/opinion/20...ressivism.html

V for velcome.

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+1 / -1

And Obama. One thing where you have to give Trump SOME slack is you're never sure what he does of his own volition and what is direction from his advisors. You know damn well he doesn't make any big decisions himself (unless he's absolutely crazy) November 3 will be a very interesting day - hopefully whichever way it goes it shuts a lot of people up permanently.

I have to give Trump SOME slack? Geeze, that's asking a whole lot. But okay. I think if it's a reasonable response/decision that appears to come from Trump that yes, that is not of his own volition. Whew, there I gave him some slack.

I don't know damn well that he doesn't make big decisions himself. He replaces his advisers with great regularity, indicative of someone who doesn't respond to advice in a positive manner when it comes to decision making.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/t...dministration/
Last edited by Mockingbird; Jan 27th, 2020 at 02:52 AM..

JLM
No Party Affiliation

I have to give Trump SOME slack? Geeze, that's asking a whole lot. But okay. I think if it's a reasonable response/decision that appears to come from Trump that yes, that is not of his own volition. Whew, there I gave him some slack.

I don't know damn well that he doesn't make big decisions himself. He replaces his advisers with great regularity, indicative of someone who doesn't respond to advice in a positive manner when it comes to decision making.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/t...dministration/

I think the system probably has some built in safety checks, so he just can't wake up one morning and drop a bomb unbeknownst to anyone.

AnnaEmber
No Party Affiliation

lol The ones that actually have spines are a few vertebrae short.

AnnaEmber
No Party Affiliation
+1

Rent free.

Nice of you to visit for a few seconds.

AnnaEmber
No Party Affiliation

The problem with Progressivism
https://www.cleveland.com/opinion/20...ressivism.html

V for velcome.

Regressivism - "Actions by humans who don't realize their actions have been done in the past to the detriment of many."

AnnaEmber
No Party Affiliation

I think the system probably has some built in safety checks, so he just can't wake up one morning and drop a bomb unbeknownst to anyone.

That sure worked on that Iranian general. (sarc) Congress can override a president's aggressive orders against another country, so he didn't let Congress in on it.

Walter
+1

Regressivism - "Actions by humans who don't realize their actions have been done in the past to the detriment of many."

No evidence?

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+1 / -1

No, like someone once said when it comes to Trump making those kinds of decisions there's usually an adult in the room babysit... I mean supervising him.

Walter
+1

No, like someone once said when it comes to Trump making those kinds of decisions there's usually an adult in the room babysit... I mean supervising him.

Kaboom!

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2

That sure worked on that Iranian general. (sarc) Congress can override a president's aggressive orders against another country, so he didn't let Congress in on it.

I don't know if you watch the news at all but if you did in the past week or so you would know that guy was a danger to the population, sort on the scale of Osama bin Laden!